Same grips on all clubs?

FrancisD

Reaction score
Handicap
I just got a mishmash of used clubs for my first set and when I took them to the range today I noticed that some grips are worn and need to be replaced. Should I replace the grips on the whole set with the same grips? Are some types of grips better to have on different types of clubs?

I replace mine all at the same time, but truthfully, if they are in decent shape, you can get away with just replacing the bad ones. I do like to have all my grips match. After that, it is all about preference.

I have Multi-compounds on my woods, then just tour velvets on the rest of my clubs. Nothing wrong with having different grips, think size is the thing to keep the most consistant IMO.

I try to have everything matchy match if possible

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I have the same kind of grip (multi compound) on my clubs, but I have the blue/black on my woods, green/black on my hybrids and sky blue/black on my irons.

I play NDMC grips on everything but my wedges and putter. Really it's just preference.

I'll recommend the Lamkin wedge grip for your wedges. It has changed the way I chip. It's longer and it has dots for thumb placement when chipping. Help with choking down and reminds me to do so when chipping which leads to better accuracy and closer to the hole for me.

I have the NDMC grips on everything but wedges abd I have the Tour Wrap 2G on them....as an expiriment...but I think I like them.

I don't. I like a rougher grip on my woods which I use less and a softer, tackier grip on my wedges and irons.

I like the same grip on all my clubs, I've been using the Tour Velvets. I would think since they are new clubs to you and your only contact with the club is the grip. It's something that needs to be done at least once a year. It would help with using them to get them all re-gripped to something you are comfortable with.

To me I like having the same feel and look from grip to grip. Just is a confidence thing to me

I have different grips on my irons, wedges, and woods. Honestly isn't something I ever even think about.

I use the same grips on all my clubs - Iomic Sticky 2.3s - came from golf pride compounds. Could just be my OCD but I like having the same feel across the board.

right now I do since I have them on my Bridgestone Clubs for The Morgan Cup. But usually there is a few different grips throughout the bag.

Same on all. Matter of fact when I got my R11s in, I switched grips even before I swung em.
Edit to add: I ordered em without grips.
Sent from my DROID X2

If I need to replace one of my iron grips I replace all of the iron grips. Quirky.

I replaced all my grips at the same time. It's nice to have the same feeling for every club. It's not necessary, so if money is an issue, then maybe just do the ones that really are worn and then the others at a later date.

I just buy a new club when the grip is worn. I find that it works better that way :smile-big:

But seriously, I have honestly never replaced my grips. All of my tour velvets are going strong after a few years. I have given much thought to it as of late though.

I got thinking about this while reading reviews for the ATV wedge that apparently has a unique grip. I have the same GripMaster grips on all my clubs which are great in my humid climate. Not sure what I'll do if I pick up any of those wedges...

I try to have the same grips on every club, but that´s more for looks than performance in my case. Just reshafted a driver and got it back with a mismatching grip - The driver performs great, but not sure I can live with that grip. I´ll give it a few more rounds before I decide (Like I already haven´t:D)

I replaced all of my grips to the New Decade Multi compound grips, some in white and some in blue. My wedges are different and I'm not going to replace the ATV wedge grip because it's a special wedge grip that I like

I have the same type grips on all my clubs. Golf Pride Tour Wrap mid size.

I got thinking about this while reading reviews for the ATV wedge that apparently has a unique grip. Not sure what I'll do if I pick up any of those wedges...

I got a 60* when I bought my irons.. replace it. ;)

Sent from my DROID X2

I just buy a new club when the grip is worn. I find that it works better that way :smile-big:

But seriously, I have honestly never replaced my grips. All of my tour velvets are going strong after a few years. I have given much thought to it as of late though.

You're joking, but my ex BIL would do that with his whole set! He would joke about it, but he bought a new set of everything every two years. Never replaced grips.

I have the same kind of grip (multi compound) on my clubs, but I have the blue/black on my woods, green/black on my hybrids and sky blue/black on my irons.

Same here, I have the Golf Pride multi compound grips. I've got yellow/black on my irons and hybrids, green/black on my RBZ 3 wood, and White/black on my Nike driver.

I prefer to have the same on all clubs. I build up my wedges though.

Back