San Diego - St. Patty's Day (3/17/24)

Coloradomrg

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Would like a recommendation for a decent course in the area. We'll be in town for a convention, bringing clients but don't want to break the bank (so not Torrey unfortunately).

We're at the convention center, so something not too far away might be nice. Won't get to tee off until around noon due to flight times. Thoughts from any locals?

Would like a recommendation for a decent course in the area. We'll be in town for a convention, bringing clients but don't want to break the bank (so not Torrey unfortunately).

We're at the convention center, so something not too far away might be nice. Won't get to tee off until around noon due to flight times. Thoughts from any locals?
Geographically, there is not a lot near the CC. You can definitely consider Coronado - it is a cool muni that is fun in a cool location. You could do Balboa Park - obviously a major attraction in the area and the area in Balboa North has lots of cool restaurants and bars for post round.

But you probably need to clarify what "break the bank" means to you.

Also, can you clarify your timeline...it sounds like you are looking for a round the same day you fly in?

Regardless - if you want one of the 'better' courses it does require travel back out from the CC. Sycuan, Tecolote, Steele, Carlton, etc.

The best courses will require a longer drive: Aviara, Maderas, etc.

With the qualifier of clients, but assuming you would want at least to provide a decent experience, I would consider the longer travel to a better course. BUT Coronado is a cool spot to play at - just expect less than pristine conditions, a glorious course, longer round possible and such - it's a muni!

If they are good clients - go to Aviara, Maderas, or Sycuan.

Thanks @lockstockrye!

So far it's looking like we might just hit Coronado, I get in on Saturday but 1/2 of the foursome doesn't get in until Sunday morning @9. Clients are good, but not top tier LOL

Breaking the bank - I can't justify $250+ a head. I could probably get away with $!50, but less is better in this instance. It's already an expensive trip, with expensive dinners nightly.

Thanks @lockstockrye!

So far it's looking like we might just hit Coronado, I get in on Saturday but 1/2 of the foursome doesn't get in until Sunday morning @9. Clients are good, but not top tier LOL

Breaking the bank - I can't justify $250+ a head. I could probably get away with $!50, but less is better in this instance. It's already an expensive trip, with expensive dinners nightly.
Enjoy.

1707508362310.png

So I was online and booking as soon as the window opened... and got shut out at Coronado :(

Booked Sycuan - Oak Glen instead.

Back