Savannah, GA Golf Course Recommendations

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So my wife is basing a trip around my birthday in Savannah & which hotel she chooses is based off where I want to golf. Other option would be to go up to Hilton Head Island.

We've never stayed downtown Savannah area, but have stayed on HHI several times.

What are courses you would recommend in the area & would you prefer Savannah or HHI?

Last edited:
Stay away from Henderson GC. Read good things, but got there and it was a dump. Fun layout, but greens were atrocious. And the people at the clubhouse, particularly the food bar, were less than pleasant.

The Club At Savannah Harbor is really nice. I recommend it. Managed by Troon golf. There was a THP event there several years back. I played that event and also have played the course a few other times while in Savannah. My daughter was living in Savannah until June but she's moved back to Phoenix. That's the only course I've played in Savannah area.

More golfing options over in Hilton Head area and I've played a few of them.

Thanks gents...not quite sure where we will end up. I'm looking at HHI, but don't want to give up on Savannah just yet, since we haven't spent much time there. I will check out the Club at Savannah Harbour.

Do you and your wife a favor and go back to Hilton Head Island....

But if you do go to Savannah you might want to try Alligator Soul for dinner.

So my wife is basing a trip around my birthday in Savannah & which hotel she chooses is based off where I want to golf. Other option would be to go up to Hilton Head Island.

We've never stayed downtown Savannah area, but have stayed on HHI several times.

What are courses you would recommend in the area & would you prefer Savannah or HHI?

I prefer HHI.

Back