BigLeftyinAZ

Reaction score
I just have to say this is a great town to visit on vacation. If you are into architecture , history then this is a must see.
Been here since thur and having a blast. My only downside is not many golf stores to visit or I just haven't found them all.

How many members live here in savannah or Georgia ?

I don't live there but I'm very familiar with Savannah as we use to go down there for St. Patty's day all the time. Talk about a huge party! You're right though, awesome colonial architecture and some great history in that city. Unfortunately I can't help you with the golf shop knowledge. Enjoy your stay!

KellyBo and I live right up I16 in middle Georgia. You are right about Savannah as it is a beautiful old city with tons of history. I love it down there and the river walk is a must if you have not been down it yet!

KellyBo and I live right up I16 in middle Georgia. You are right about Savannah as it is a beautiful old city with tons of history. I love it down there and the river walk is a must if you have not been down it yet!

edit: You might want to try one of those drinks called "Sex on the beach" or another one called "Catch a cab" on the river walk.. Well you want be able to walk much after a couple of those :D

Savannah is a great place, my folks have lived there for almost 10 years now. A ton of great places to eat, and a lot to do.

St Patricks day is one of my favorite holidays now because of Savannah!

So, I'll guess you are closer to Atlanta ?

Yes, we've been down on river street a few time already . Been spending a ton of time down in the historical district

So, I'll guess you are closer to Atlanta ?

Yes, we've been down on river street a few time already . Been spending a ton of time down in the historical district

No not that far North. We live closer to Macon, Ga. Just east of it about 15 miles.

Wow, your that close . Next time I come down,I'm bringing the clubs. I want to play the course owned by the westin

Oops, not that close.almost 3 hours

Wow, your that close . Next time I come down,I'm bringing the clubs. I want to play the course owned by the westin

Yea that is where the Champions Tour makes a stop each year. I have never played it but it looks awesome for sure!

Depending on what part of town your in there are a few. The Edwin Watts over by Hunter Airfield isn't bad, love their used section. And I checked out a place called ursher or usher golf last time I was up there, it's over by Memorial Hospital. Here is a link, http://chipandputt.com/

Enjoy your visit, such a great place to take a stroll. Grab a pizza and beer at Vinny Vangoh's downtown by the monument cirle.

I'm heading there Wed afternoon for the first time in about 8 years. Wife has never been.

I go to school about 45 minutes from there in Statesboro. Savannah is awesome, and the Edwin Watts on Abercorn is where I usually go.

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

Ny wife and I took my Dad, and Mom, there about twelve years ago for a visit to the 8th Air Force Museum as a Christmas present to my Dad who was in the AF in WWII. That was a moving experience. I did some serious eating while I was there, too. Unfortunately, my mother got sick and we spent a whole day in an emergency room. That was quite an experience. Try brunch at a Lady and Sons, Paula Dean's restaurant. Yoswer, talk about some fine fried chicken, and mac 'n' cheese to die for.

My buddy has been there for St. Patty's day a number of times. His hangover usually lasts about a week, and he's 100% Irish. So it must be a good time.

Kevin

I found the Edwin watts in my first day. Then saw chip in the third day. Been hunting for others,but I guess the golf etc has closed or I can't find . Guess there are only these two stores

Love Savannah. Great little town. Spent our anniversary there in 2009.

The Olde Pink House is right up there among my absolute favorite restaurants anywhere.

And Wiley's Championship BBQ a little south of town has brisket that will melt in your mouth it is so tender and good.

We stayed downtown and only used our car a couple of times - everything else is in walking distance, and even though it was July there's so much shade it wasn't bad at all (granted, we're Floridians from only a couple of hours away and are used to the heat and humidity, but still...)

OG and I went to Savannah on a little get away one weekend. We walked from our hotel to River Street. We got lost on our way back. OG kept saying "this is the right way, trust me". We ended up way down the wrong side of Liberty Street at midnight. I don't trust him when he says "trust me" anymore. LOL

I just have to say this is a great town to visit on vacation. If you are into architecture , history then this is a must see.
Been here since thur and having a blast. My only downside is not many golf stores to visit or I just haven't found them all.

How many members live here in savannah or Georgia ?

I too live in Georgia, about 20 minutes from OG and KB. I love Savannah but my wife and I love Charleston SC even better it is everything Savannah is and more, I suggest you check it out sometime.
I recommend The Shrimp Factory on River Street for some good eats and also Uncle Bubba's (Paula Deen's brother) the shrimp and grits there are awesome.

Ny wife and I took my Dad, and Mom, there about twelve years ago for a visit to the 8th Air Force Museum as a Christmas present to my Dad who was in the AF in WWII. That was a moving experience. I did some serious eating while I was there, too. Unfortunately, my mother got sick and we spent a whole day in an emergency room. That was quite an experience. Try brunch at a Lady and Sons, Paula Dean's restaurant. Yoswer, talk about some fine fried chicken, and mac 'n' cheese to die for.

My buddy has been there for St. Patty's day a number of times. His hangover usually lasts about a week, and he's 100% Irish. So it must be a good time.

Kevin

I called on customers in Savannah from the late 90's through about 2004. Beautiful city. Lotsa fun night life down on the water. I can also recommend the 8th Air Force museum....I had been passing the place on the interstate for a few years and always wanted to check it out. Well, I had some down time one day when a client cancelled a meeting on me at the last second so I decided to stop in. As I recall, it was $4 or something and I got tie full tour from Breifing Room to POW camp. Very cool the way it's laid out as it takes you through a bombing mission over Europe....the theater portion was the best.

Some neat momories of my times in that area.

I too live in Georgia, about 20 minutes from OG and KB. I love Savannah but my wife and I love Charleston SC even better it is everything Savannah is and more, I suggest you check it out sometime.
I recommend The Shrimp Factory on River Street for some good eats and also Uncle Bubba's (Paula Deen's brother) the shrimp and grits there are awesome.

Charleston is a little bigger, but not necessarily better. Savannah is more colonial, Charleston is more Antebellum South. Different eras, different styles. Similar in a lot of ways, but both worth visiting on their own. Heck, they're so close you could easily split a trip between the two a few days in each. That's our plan for the next time we head up that way.

Back