rogt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all. Thought I would bring this to everyone’s attention. Being a member in here for years you hope you can trust everyone up here. Well I was recently scammed by a member and didn’t catch the red flags that I noticed after seeing money. Be weary off new members, Make sure that they have posted, and involved. I had a member message me and tell me that they knew someone getting rid of some Nippon 105 shafts. Sent me an email, I contacted the person everything seem legit constant emails back-and-forth. Got the transaction and sent the money. And the money was held for 6 days, And the seller didn’t like that so he told me that he was refunding and canceling the transaction and i said that was fine. Well no money back, no product no contact no nothing. Lesson learned. I’m sure the person would change there name on how they sign up but this is what was posted in my message. So again beware.

Attachments

• 60953D6D-31EB-4A54-B3F2-2D345DBE1227.png
    60953D6D-31EB-4A54-B3F2-2D345DBE1227.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 165
Hey all. Thought I would bring this to everyone’s attention. Being a member in here for years you hope you can trust everyone up here. Well I was recently scammed by a member and didn’t catch the red flags that I noticed after seeing money. Be weary off new members, Make sure that they have posted, and involved. I had a member message me and tell me that they knew someone getting rid of some Nippon 105 shafts. Sent me an email, I contacted the person everything seem legit constant emails back-and-forth. Got the transaction and sent the money. And the money was held for 6 days, And the seller didn’t like that so he told me that he was refunding and canceling the transaction and i said that was fine. Well no money back, no product no contact no nothing. Lesson learned. I’m sure the person would change there name on how they sign up but this is what was posted in my message. So again beware.
Sorry to hear.... clearly a piece of garbage....

That sucks Roger. Sorry to hear 😕

That’s a shame, sorry to hear. Did you end up getting anything back? PP G&S?

The sign of course being zero posts, but it is why some have urged us to make marketplace AC Member only.

In the future if one gets through our filter like this, please report it or send it to a mod so we can have them removed from the forum. Thanks

The sign of course being zero posts, but it is why some have urged us to make marketplace AC Member only.

In the future if one gets through our filter like this, please report it or send it to a mod so we can have them removed from the forum. Thanks
Will do JB. Yeah was thinking that maybe new sign ups shouldn’t have access to market place???

That’s a shame, sorry to hear. Did you end up getting anything back? PP G&S?
Nope. Foolishly trusted being a THP member G&S. Lesson learned.

What a bummer!

Sorry to see that. 99.9% of the folks that come through here are good people.

That sucks.

Got a similar one recently. Didn't respond, Just deleted and moved on. Should have reported it. Not sure if same guy.

Damn I hate to hear that. This about the most generous place I've ever been to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've seen quite a few new members posting equipment that looks brand new recently. (last 3-4 months) Now they may be perfectly legit but personally, I won't consider any transaction with someone that only has 5-10 posts. Doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Have never met anyone personally here, what I have seen, they"re good people here that help out with advice on many levels.
Sorry to hear this happened to you bud.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Back