Scooby45

Use data, get better.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
With the excitement of release season I thought this would be a good time to document what's currently in the bag. It should provide insight into what's kept their spot in the bag after the Morgan Cup as I've been fortunate to have some good options. Along those lines, the framework I am going to put around it is as follows:

1) Assumes I'm building a bag for a generic course, i.e. I'm not custom fitting say the top of the bag to attack certain known distances, namely for par 5's in two or longer par 3 distances.

2) Assumes I'm back at pre-Morgan Cup playing levels, meaning I'm not hitting balls 2 or 3 times a week. (I hope to keep at the level of play but sometimes life gets in the way) and I'll go a week or two without swinging, impacting my ball striking consistency.

Stay tuned for the reveal as I'm going to grab some good photos before listing the bag.

Putter: Cobra Supernova, 35” long, 72 deg lie angle

Grip: Custom Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0 with 25 g weight added

This putter has been so good for me. Arccos has me almost three strokes better with it than the old gamer. Part of it is I got fit into it, part of it is the SIK face that just puts a lovely roll on the ball, and part of it is with the 3D printing this thing is just so stable. At times I would fight a bit of a wobble on my backswing. This putter has all but eliminated that. Even when I was young and naive I can’t recall a time I‘ve ever felt more confident looking at a 15’ putt. Or maybe it’s all in my head because it looks so good with the custom Black Cherry Cerakote?

I didn‘t have as adverse of a reaction to the grip as others in the thread, but wanted to get back to the comfort of having a pistol style grip. I didn’t want to be thinking about the grip as I stood over an important Morgan Cup putt. The weight was added to get the specs as close as I could to factory stock as I’ve enjoyed the weight and roll from day 1. And if I’m given the option of going custom, I’m going to take it so the grip text felt right.

I’ve got a wandering eye to pick up a milled putter that I can get a few engravings added to pay homage to my wife and daughter, so that will hopefully be added to the stable this year. That said, I‘m doubtful that putter will be able to replace this one as the gamer.

(Editor‘s note: Feel free to disregard the last paragraph if and when Cobra releases updates to their putter line. All bets would be off)

6BAA92EC-3878-4CB7-8BE9-6B051298F3DC.jpeg33C0F059-66EF-4D21-93B8-A6180563F145.jpeg

Last edited:
Where'd you get that putter grip? :love:

Where'd you get that putter grip? :love:
If you order direct from superstroke on certain models they have a feature you can add text or a logo in that area. It's a neat feature in my opinion.

If you order direct from superstroke on certain models they have a feature you can add text or a logo in that area. It's a neat feature in my opinion.

too cool. Thanks 👊🏼

Let’s jump to the top of bag.

Driver: Cobra RadSpeed XB 10.5, 45” set to standard, LINQ Purple F4

This thing is a combination faster and more stable than my prior gamer, Ping G400. Favorite feature may be the infinity face. You can faintly see your strike location after each hit. While you can also feel it, that visual feedback is comforting for me. It is also really good out on the toe which is my miss.

And while it’s been good, this might be most vulnerable this year based on what’s coming. I’m going to test it against a couple models. May the best one win.

54DC01D9-3DDE-4A29-B8A5-C824B3820E74.jpeg0A1ED571-D4E2-4D2C-8842-9CF36C681202.jpegAC500A0E-E923-4320-AEDE-81A69E677396.jpeg

Sharp looking combo with that black and purple😍.

3 wood: RadSpeed Big Tour in standard setting, HZRDUS Smoke iMi shaft

This club effectively serves as a second driver. It finds over 45% fairways for me which is really good for my game. I initially had the RadSpeed but struggled with consistency. Not sure if it was the rails, the back weighting, or size. The Big Tour gives me a lot of confidence.
A9E01B62-10FB-4872-ACAC-F7B8D83D0CCD.jpeg
D367D704-9D6D-47EB-9126-D5A91603DFA0.jpeg

Last edited:
Hybrid: Cobra 3H King Tec; MMT hybrid shaft

This club may have been the most under hyped release last year. To get the level of adjustability in it coupled with the ballspeed is a winning package. I’ve got it set with the weight in the toe. Plus it just looks so so good in my opinion. This is in the running for having the longest tenure of this bag.
B03CF3BD-8878-4B67-B2FC-6E1B97A354B3.jpeg7E832B45-4BD7-468A-B52A-B9E3C27A1DFB.jpeg

Last edited:
Hybrid: Cobra RadSpeed 4H, MMT hybrid shaft

I‘m really glad I went another step down the bag with the hybrids this past year. The launch I get is great to hold greens, assuming this mid-capper hits it. And in this case, the rails work for me. I can hit this thing out of any lie, exactly what I want out of a club like this (as evidenced in the glamour shot below)

DDA85E89-63B7-42FF-84A0-A975BC4B7808.jpeg612D323F-78E4-4B5D-9248-AE84334B939D.jpeg

Last edited:
I love the updates. That Morgan Cup setup looks fantastic!

Iron: Cobra RadSpeed 6 iron, Accra 110 I series

A fall edition to the bag after spending time with Yags in Vegas. Seeing him game a Speedzone I believe, and seeing the benefits in the 4 hybrid, wanted to work a little more love into the middle part of the bag. Just limited time so far but I’ve been enjoying it so far. This one may rotate with the Forged Tec 5 iron.

(no photo at this time)

Last edited:
Irons: Cobra Forged Tec 6-GW, Accra 110 i series

These are my babies. The launch, the looks, the love when I get out on the toe… Initially had Recoil 95s, seemed to be better in the bay last spring but as I got dialed in they were a touch light. The heavier shafts have been great, and to be able to set up the custom colors 😍
2B2B5E34-5986-496D-A12B-EEA5C2C8412C.jpegFF2A753A-34E6-4D71-AF8A-86EE0F03A6A3.jpegE78FCF58-F8A8-47BF-BB76-2F704624320B.jpeg

Last edited:
Bullpen Clubs (these get cycled in from time to time depending on course and inclination):

Callaway Epic Speed 4w, HZRDUS Smoke iMi

Cobra King Tec 2H, MMT hybrid

Sub70 u699, Adila NVS (the was the toy I got Christmas of ‘19 for a spring of ‘20 trip to Scotland 😢)

Last but not least, the bag, with ShotScope Pro L1 attached:
335A1E6F-29A0-4341-9091-93CE2416F4D7.jpegA3EF4E45-112D-434D-8C7B-060CDA7D48FA.jpeg

I'll put it here so it's official.

The King Tec 2 hybrid has officially taken over the #2 spot in the bag until further notice, bumping out the RadSpeed Big Tour, for two reasons. One, the hybrid is more consistent for me in a variety of lies. Two, my driving is getting a little more dialed in, meaning I'm not looking for a little more versatility out of the #2 slot instead of having a back-up tee club, as the Big Tour is a cannon for me off the tee. (Until I put multiple stinkers in the dataset while fighting a balky swing in winter, my 3 wood average was right at my driver average...)

I'll put it here so it's official.

The King Tec 2 hybrid has officially taken over the #2 spot in the bag until further notice, bumping out the RadSpeed Big Tour, for two reasons. One, the hybrid is more consistent for me in a variety of lies. Two, my driving is getting a little more dialed in, meaning I'm not looking for a little more versatility out of the #2 slot instead of having a back-up tee club, as the Big Tour is a cannon for me off the tee. (Until I put multiple stinkers in the dataset while fighting a balky swing in winter, my 3 wood average was right at my driver average...)
The Cobra LTDx Max 3 wood is inbound to challenge the 2 hybrid for the gamer slot. Will be fun to compare.

Update as the season starts to wrap:

Driver:
Cobra LTDx with LINQ M40X Black

Fairway:
Cobra LTDx Max 3 wood with UST ProForce V2

Hybrids:
Cobra RadSpeed (Elderberry) 4 and 5 hybrid with MMT hybrid

Irons:
Cobra Copper Forged Tec 6-GW with Accra iSeries 110

Wedges:
54 and 58 Cleveland RTX Zipcore with Modus 115 wedge shaft

Putter:
Cobra Vintage Sport-20 with KBS

Thoughts:
The Sport-20 still needs to earn the top spot but is getting the run of play now, maybe longer as I think I’m going to play with putter shafts next year.

The King Tec may get a LTDx Max 5 wood challenge next spring and I‘m Edison wedge curious.

The Mizuno JPX 921 Forged and STZ will likely get the season opener run next year. I’m fortunate enough to have two iron sets and drivers I love but not quite good enough to swap in and out interchangeably so I play them in a few month blocks each year.

It’s no good without photos:
DC0FDFD7-D012-4FC5-B09D-DE8B854FC01E.jpeg

Update as the season starts to wrap:

Driver:
Cobra LTDx with LINQ M40X Black

Fairway:
Cobra LTDx Max 3 wood with UST ProForce V2

Hybrids:
Cobra RadSpeed (Elderberry) 4 and 5 hybrid with MMT hybrid

Irons:
Cobra Copper Forged Tec 6-GW with Accra iSeries 110

Wedges:
54 and 58 Cleveland RTX Zipcore with Modus 115 wedge shaft

Putter:
Cobra Vintage Sport-20 with KBS

Thoughts:
The Sport-20 still needs to earn the top spot but is getting the run of play now, maybe longer as I think I’m going to play with putter shafts next year.

The King Tec may get a LTDx Max 5 wood challenge next spring and I‘m Edison wedge curious.

The Mizuno JPX 921 Forged and STZ will likely get the season opener run next year. I’m fortunate enough to have two iron sets and drivers I love but not quite good enough to swap in and out interchangeably so I play them in a few month blocks each year.

Just curious, if you had to play a big tourney tomorrow, which ones would you be taking?

Just curious, if you had to play a big tourney tomorrow, which ones would you be taking?
Is this referencing putter?

irons and driver, just curious as they’re both strong options

Irons would be Cobra. Just feel really comfortable with them and the vast majority of my low rounds have been with them. Just wish the PW/GW worked for me more on little running chips around the greens.

Driver is more of a toss up. If my swing is more dialed in I’d go LTDx. I think it has more speed without giving much up. Right now I’m a little lost on the tee so if playing a big tourney tomorrow the ST-Z 220 may get the call. The head is stable for wide misses high toe and the deeper face is comfortable to look at.

Back