SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Just saw this Pirate.

I did it because of turf interaction. Alot of places I play a PW shot tends to be in a range with almost hardpan like turf areas (still fluffy sometimes too) but the 2.0 for me was terrible form the tight stuff. The SCOR remedied that and I now have a much more wedge like feel out of the club than I did the 2.0 or any other PW for me for that matter. It really has changed my game from that distance. Forgiving, acturate, great interaction, great sound, and excellent spin...it was a great choice for me and my game.

Thanks Jman!!

Thanks Jman!!

No worries man.

If it tells you anything else, I got the Bridgestone J40 DPC's I have coming in bent 1* strong so that the PW would be 45* like my SCOR as well! hehe

I still struggle a bit mentally with the 45 deg SCOR Wedge replacing my R11 PW. Now the 45 deg SCOR wedge is versatile and easy enough to hit, but coming from a Game Improvement set, I do struggle mentally with the size of the 45 deg SCOR being smaller than both the R11 9 iron and 50 deg SCOR.

Because I do not use my PW or 45 deg club for much beyond full shots, I keep pondering that specific slot and have not come to any decision yet. I'm certainly not seeing much detriment to replacing it, but not sure much of what advantage in that slot either.

I'm a little suprised that the SCOR 45* is smaller than the R11 9i.......I know it might be a pain in the ass, but could you post a pic of the R11 with the 45* and 50*? I thought the head sizes of the SCOR clubs looked the same on the website. Thanks for the input!

Sure...not sure I'll get it tonight or not, but I'll try.

I'm curious about replacing my PW with one of the SCOR wedges. Of those who have done this, have you seen noticable advantages in the club change? I always thought that the PW from your iron set was best because it matched the rest of your irons. Now through reading this thread and going to the SCOR website it seems that the PW with your irons is really more like a 10i than a wedge in it's make-up. Can someone explain this a little better for me?

I will do my best, I got a SCOR to replace my PW and I have been very pleased with it. It is more versatile than the GI wedges. The Vsole allows for you to play it out of different lies with a little more ease than that of a stock PW. yes, the head may be a little smaller but SCOR has packed these clubs with forgiveness. With the SCORs, you just have to pick your distance, what you feel is the right * of club, if you need to choke down or not and TRUST it. They just flat out perform.

I will do my best, I got a SCOR to replace my PW and I have been very pleased with it. It is more versatile than the GI wedges. The Vsole allows for you to play it out of different lies with a little more ease than that of a stock PW. yes, the head may be a little smaller but SCOR has packed these clubs with forgiveness. With the SCORs, you just have to pick your distance, what you feel is the right * of club, if you need to choke down or not and TRUST it. They just flat out perform.

Thanks One-T........how do you feel about the Scor 41* replacing your 9i?

Are any of the testers using Firm + steel shafts? How much stiffer are they compared to Firm steel?

Pirate...I'm not sure these really show what I think I'm seeing, but here are some pics. Due to thinking I'm crazy once I took the pics, I measured the width of the groove area and even though the SCOR was smaller, it is consistent for the 45 and 50 (3 1/16") compared to the R11 PW (3 1/8")...so yes, the hitting area is a smidge smaller, but it shouldn't be the mental block my brain has turned it into.

First is the 45 deg SCOR on left and the R11 PW on right.

IMG_1650.jpg

Again the 45 deg SCOR on left and the R11 PW on right.

IMG_1649.jpg

Finally the 45 deg SCOR and the 50 deg SCOR

IMG_1652.jpg

Pirate...I'm not sure these really show what I think I'm seeing, but here are some pics. Due to thinking I'm crazy once I took the pics, I measured the width of the groove area and even though the SCOR was smaller, it is consistent for the 45 and 50 (3 1/16") compared to the R11 PW (3 1/8")...so yes, the hitting area is a smidge smaller, but it shouldn't be the mental block my brain has turned it into.

First is the 45 deg SCOR on left and the R11 PW on right.

IMG_1650.jpg

Again the 45 deg SCOR on left and the R11 PW on right.

IMG_1649.jpg

Finally the 45 deg SCOR and the 50 deg SCOR

IMG_1652.jpg

Thanks so much for the pics......you answered my question....... I appreciate the time it took to post this for me!!

Thanks One-T........how do you feel about the Scor 41* replacing your 9i?

I quite like it. honestly the SCOR 41* is a more versatile club than your stock PW, unless you game blades. I truly have found myself hitting more GIRS.

Thanks so much for the pics......you answered my question....... I appreciate the time it took to post this for me!!

Absolutely...sorry for not at least cleaning the clubs up before taking the pics :act-up:

Thanks for posting those pics ad!

Trying to figure out to go 50/55/60 or 49/53/57 right now.

I'm partial to the 49, 53, 57. With the RBZ the AW is 50 but I'm still thinking the 53, 57 will fit nicely

Trying to figure out to go 50/55/60 or 49/53/57 right now.

I'm partial to the 49, 53, 57. With the RBZ the AW is 50 but I'm still thinking the 53, 57 will fit nicely

Yeah, I'm thinking moving away form the 60 might help more than hurt. I'm pretty lethal with it but still crappy shots happen with that club, plus, tighter gaps and gaps that blend with my adjusted J40's (stay consistently 4* all the way through the set).

Still, its tough.

Why not split the difference 50/54/58

That 5* gap from the 45 to 50, the difference would bother me because I'm OCD like that haha.

Yeah, I'm thinking moving away form the 60 might help more than hurt. I'm pretty lethal with it but still crappy shots happen with that club, plus, tighter gaps and gaps that blend with my adjusted J40's (stay consistently 4* all the way through the set).

Still, its tough.

For a 60 deg, this is the easiest to hit 60 deg I've ever tried...but if I was building my set again, I'd probably do smaller gaps to end at like a 57 or 58.

For a 60 deg, this is the easiest to hit 60 deg I've ever tried...but if I was building my set again, I'd probably do smaller gaps to end at like a 57 or 58.

See, and that tugs on me too.

Maybe 49/53/58.

Maybe I just need to call Beau tomorrow haha

See, and that tugs on me too.

Maybe 49/53/58.

Maybe I just need to call Beau tomorrow haha

Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner! When do you ever hit a full 58*? I know for me it is once in every 10 rounds. I like the 58* because it is super versatile, but that 5* GAO isn't as big of a deal as the gap between a 45 and 50.

Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner! When do you ever hit a full 58*? I know for me it is once in every 10 rounds. I like the 58* because it is super versatile, but that 5* GAO isn't as big of a deal as the gap between a 45 and 50.

I agree, the gap there is much easier to work around than the 45 to 50 would be as far as full swings. Plus, the 58 will be able to do anything I needed my 60 to do I suppose.

I agree, the gap there is much easier to work around than the 45 to 50 would be as far as full swings. Plus, the 58 will be able to do anything I needed my 60 to do I suppose.

I agree! I switched to a 58* from a 60* and have been very happy with the transition. It does everything my 60* did plus I don't get as many flubbed shots. I don't think I will ever have anything more lofted than a 58* again.

I agree! I switched to a 58* from a 60* and have been very happy with the transition. It does everything my 60* did plus I don't get as many flubbed shots. I don't think I will ever have anything more lofted than a 58* again.

See, I've done the same before and loved playing a 58 versus a 60, I simply went back though because the wedges I was playing at the time the 58 was hard to open up when needed, certainly not an issue with the SCOR's.

I think the 49/53/58 may be the winner.

See, I've done the same before and loved playing a 58 versus a 60, I simply went back though because the wedges I was playing at the time the 58 was hard to open up when needed, certainly not an issue with the SCOR's.

I think the 49/53/58 may be the winner.

Jman - thanks for your order. We're going to get the lengths on your new set synched up with the 45° you already have...and we'll credit you $29 on the set of three so the math is right, like you ordered a set of four from the beginning.

Sincere / heartfelt thanks for your support! Looking forward to your feedback!

Shawn.

Back