SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Just like with my quick and dirty posting of the round yesterday with the J40's it was my first round with a FULL set of SCOR's in the bag and the new loft configuration I went with. I've got a phone full of thoughts I'm working on deciphering and typing down on these, the DPC's, the RBZ, and the B330's but quick and dirty...

I've said it a million times now I genuinely believe the SCOR system and the wedges themselves are 1,000,000% game changers...and I've always admitted I was a MAJOR pessimist when we first heard and read about the system. The fact is these are easy to hit and easy to dial in multiple distances with the grip system. As for the lofts I went with, seamlessly fit with my DPC's after the 9i and I can honestly pull off every single shot and MORE with the 57* that I used to lean on my 60* wedges for.

Wonderful, wonderful, clubs.

Just like with my quick and dirty posting of the round yesterday with the J40's it was my first round with a FULL set of SCOR's in the bag and the new loft configuration I went with. I've got a phone full of thoughts I'm working on deciphering and typing down on these, the DPC's, the RBZ, and the B330's but quick and dirty...

I've said it a million times now I genuinely believe the SCOR system and the wedges themselves are 1,000,000% game changers...and I've always admitted I was a MAJOR pessimist when we first heard and read about the system. The fact is these are easy to hit and easy to dial in multiple distances with the grip system. As for the lofts I went with, seamlessly fit with my DPC's after the 9i and I can honestly pull off every single shot and MORE with the 57* that I used to lean on my 60* wedges for.

Great post Jman, I was lucky enough to win a 56* off facebook and I llike it so much I am going to add a 60* for this season.

Ok so I played yesterday at Cowboy's golf club in Dallas. The temp never got above 53* and there was a 10 mph breeze that would show it's teeth on all but two holes and it always seemed to be in my face.
Unlike Mondays round this course was in tip top shape but the company was not as good. I'll take good company any day. But the golf course was in great shape yesterday do there was no complaining. The format was a scramble to every lie was perfect. So any flaws or miss hits would be due to operator error. Since I am only human there are bound to be some pulls and such.
Well I grabbed the 57 or 52 every chance I got. I had several occasion that I was able to really get a feel for these clubs. Every occasion was from 80 and in. I never had or needed to hit either club full. As with my previous set of wedges I tend to play more half and 3/4 shots of a lower trajectory or low skippers. Nothing has changed and the SCORS performed quite well.
A few shots in particular stick out my mind: 57 yds to a back left flag from left side of the FW. Anything long would leave a slick down hill putt. But the only way to get it close was to throw it passed the hole and bring it back. I'm not one of these guys that can pull it back on a string on command. I think 3 out of 10 times maybe. I really am more of a hit and stop. But I was determined to pull the spin it back shot off. Well I hit a low shot that was nipped almost perfectly that hit beyond the flag, one hopped and sucked back a few inches and settled pin high left with a fairly easy slightly downhill putt. This shot was with the 52*
I hit (3) shots on our last three holes with the 57. 81yd, 15yds and 87yds. The 1st was to a back left over a trap at the foot of a hogs back. I hit a one hop and stop to 4'.
The 2nd was a short sided pin on a drivable par4 that need to stay below the hole of a slight downhill lie. I hit a perfect low nip that hit the fridge, hopped forward and settle 5' from the flag.
The last was from the left hand rough to a front pin with a slight uphill lie. I used the slope and hit a perfect lofted spinner that hit like a ton of bricks and settled 3' left of the flag.
All three produced birds and stunned myself and my playing partners.
I admit I was swinging the golf club really well and these rulers aren't rare but they are also not the norm. I think I have a good short game, the SCOR wedges made it look tour like. I'm also not going to say these are the greatest thing since sliced bread but yesterday they sure made a strong case.
I enjoy the slight clip they make at impact and really like how easy they get through the turf. The spin they provide has been well document long before I got my hands on them so I won't rehash, but they spin as well as any wedge I have played recently.
I have a ponder or question for all you out in golf land. Why have I not heard of these or eidolon wedges prior to THP. I'm not saying I know everything but something that seems to be extremely solid as a club and not gimmicky should be talked about in more circles. I've had these for two days or two rounds an I'm really wondering why I don't hear about more Pros playing them. What is the catch? Are these just a honeymoon set of wedges? The tech behind them is spilling over into other wedge setups, why aren't more people talking about SCOR. I will continue to
put these through their paces and report back my results. Color me impressed!

Great post Jman, I was lucky enough to win a 56* off facebook and I llike it so much I am going to add a 60* for this season.

I won a 60 and liked it so much. I have 55 showing up on Tuesday.

Great post Tadashi! I also wonder why these arent talked aboout or hear Pro's playing them. Being as good as they are with the technology they have you would think everybody would be talking about them.

I am excited to see that you are going to be giving your feedback on these clubs. I too am in serious ponder mode on these. I am sure I will eventually pull the trigger.

If you haven't pulled the trigger by then, the 51 and 55 will come with me to the Chambers outing. The 59 will be determined based on when the fishcaking GSW shaft gets here and if I have enough time to get use to it.

I still admit I like a bit more heel relief in the higher lofts (59 in my case) then these have but that's the only complaint I've got other then my occasional whining about the weight.

Thank you Jman!!! Glad you are seeing a difference where it counts most...on the course and your scorecard!

Ok so I played yesterday at Cowboy's golf club in Dallas. The temp never got above 53* and there was a 10 mph breeze that would show it's teeth on all but two holes and it always seemed to be in my face.
Unlike Mondays round this course was in tip top shape but the company was not as good. I'll take good company any day. But the golf course was in great shape yesterday do there was no complaining. The format was a scramble to every lie was perfect. So any flaws or miss hits would be due to operator error. Since I am only human there are bound to be some pulls and such.
Well I grabbed the 57 or 52 every chance I got. I had several occasion that I was able to really get a feel for these clubs. Every occasion was from 80 and in. I never had or needed to hit either club full. As with my previous set of wedges I tend to play more half and 3/4 shots of a lower trajectory or low skippers. Nothing has changed and the SCORS performed quite well.
A few shots in particular stick out my mind: 57 yds to a back left flag from left side of the FW. Anything long would leave a slick down hill putt. But the only way to get it close was to throw it passed the hole and bring it back. I'm not one of these guys that can pull it back on a string on command. I think 3 out of 10 times maybe. I really am more of a hit and stop. But I was determined to pull the spin it back shot off. Well I hit a low shot that was nipped almost perfectly that hit beyond the flag, one hopped and sucked back a few inches and settled pin high left with a fairly easy slightly downhill putt. This shot was with the 52*
I hit (3) shots on our last three holes with the 57. 81yd, 15yds and 87yds. The 1st was to a back left over a trap at the foot of a hogs back. I hit a one hop and stop to 4'.
The 2nd was a short sided pin on a drivable par4 that need to stay below the hole of a slight downhill lie. I hit a perfect low nip that hit the fridge, hopped forward and settle 5' from the flag.
The last was from the left hand rough to a front pin with a slight uphill lie. I used the slope and hit a perfect lofted spinner that hit like a ton of bricks and settled 3' left of the flag.
All three produced birds and stunned myself and my playing partners.
I admit I was swinging the golf club really well and these rulers aren't rare but they are also not the norm. I think I have a good short game, the SCOR wedges made it look tour like. I'm also not going to say these are the greatest thing since sliced bread but yesterday they sure made a strong case.
I enjoy the slight clip they make at impact and really like how easy they get through the turf. The spin they provide has been well document long before I got my hands on them so I won't rehash, but they spin as well as any wedge I have played recently.
I have a ponder or question for all you out in golf land. Why have I not heard of these or eidolon wedges prior to THP. I'm not saying I know everything but something that seems to be extremely solid as a club and not gimmicky should be talked about in more circles. I've had these for two days or two rounds an I'm really wondering why I don't hear about more Pros playing them. What is the catch? Are these just a honeymoon set of wedges? The tech behind them is spilling over into other wedge setups, why aren't more people talking about SCOR. I will continue to
put these through their paces and report back my results. Color me impressed!
You will see us on tour more and more. Our guy hits champions tour next week in Naples...already a handful of mini tour, lpga and champions guys playing them...matter of time before we get a win. We cannot afford PGA endorsements and most guys in top 125 have fourteen club deals. We had three guys make it through qschool that started playing SCOR in August...the week after third stage and getting exempt status somewhere on PGA or nationwide, all had signed with major equipment OEM.

We put a lot more credit what you say about our clubs in your foursome every weekend vs what a paid endorsement in a magazine or interview says. Exactly the reason we've been so active here and put resources into everyday golfer testing vs. tour. There is a saying in the golf industry..."what wins on Sunday sells on Monday"...and sadly, it is true. That is why it is hard for smaller companies like SCOR to make it...and get into the bags of more golfers. Once we try to start acting like a big company with big company endorsements, cash gets tight. It's a lot of wedges to get a big tour guy playing our stuff.

Awesome post Shawn and I love your enthusiasm for your product. Fact is: guys like us will be buying your product, not tour professionals!

I've enjoyed Dave's lefty feedback a lot. Thanks for getting some wedges in his hands.

Awesome post Shawn and I love your enthusiasm for your product. Fact is: guys like us will be buying your product, not tour professionals!

I've enjoyed Dave's lefty feedback a lot. Thanks for getting some wedges in his hands.

Agreed on Canada lefty Dave. Thanks for all your feedback. We've been so busy since PGA Show treading water, I haven't been able to find time to sleep hardly...much less be as engaged here as normal. Love all you guys here and appreciate your support greatly!

I understand where you are coming from Shawn. It is hard to remember about all the club deals on tour. I think some pros would do great with you clubs in there hands. Ever since I got the 60 I won in my hands. My chipping game went from one of the weakest parts to one of the strongest parts of my game. I can't wait to get my 55 in this week. I think it is going to give me so many more options that my previous 56 struggled at.

We are glad to have ya and you all put out an amazing product! I would not have known about you all without the forum testing and your level of involvement on the forum. More than pleased with my purchase.

Agreed on Canada lefty Dave. Thanks for all your feedback. We've been so busy since PGA Show treading water, I haven't been able to find time to sleep hardly...much less be as engaged here as normal. Love all you guys here and appreciate your support greatly!

You will see us on tour more and more. Our guy hits champions tour next week in Naples...already a handful of mini tour, lpga and champions guys playing them...matter of time before we get a win. We cannot afford PGA endorsements and most guys in top 125 have fourteen club deals. We had three guys make it through qschool that started playing SCOR in August...the week after third stage and getting exempt status somewhere on PGA or nationwide, all had signed with major equipment OEM.

We put a lot more credit what you say about our clubs in your foursome every weekend vs what a paid endorsement in a magazine or interview says. Exactly the reason we've been so active here and put resources into everyday golfer testing vs. tour. There is a saying in the golf industry..."what wins on Sunday sells on Monday"...and sadly, it is true. That is why it is hard for smaller companies like SCOR to make it...and get into the bags of more golfers. Once we try to start acting like a big company with big company endorsements, cash gets tight. It's a lot of wedges to get a big tour guy playing our stuff.

Shawn sorry is works that way. I know some pros in the top 125 that could benefit from having an open mind. You have a quality product and I am glad that my buddy is letting me borrow these wedges, quality stuff from what I am seeing.

I've never seen a wedge like this. I absolutely love the look of them and next year around this times will be getting a full setup. Keep doing what you're doing and eventually SCOR will hit it big!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks TC.....It's been a crazy week for me, and no golf this weekend due to family commitments. Coolbreeze and I will be getting together on the practice range in the next week or so, you can look forward to his thoughts as well.

My SCOR 55* will be here today. I am stoked about getting this out on the course. I think it is going to help me bridge that gap between my 60* and 50* AW. It is going to be a nice 75-80 club.

When I first received the SCORs and did nothing but talk about the Vsole and how I think its the greatest thing on a wedge ever. There was lots of skepticism. so, to see all of the major OEM's making wedges with a sole similar to the Vsole (saying its good in all conditions) puts a smile on my face.

I told you buddy!! :)

I love all of the feedback here! Keep the updates coming and I will try to think of new questions I have about these, but needless to say I am thoroughly impressed!

When I first received the SCORs and did nothing but talk about the Vsole and how I think its the greatest thing on a wedge ever. There was lots of skepticism. so, to see all of the major OEM's making wedges with a sole similar to the Vsole (saying its good in all conditions) puts a smile on my face.

I told you buddy!! :)

Its that thing that makes you go hmmmmmmmmm, hehehehe

The V-Sole is FOR REAL!

I know you did good sir, even in the crappy conditions I played with it in it was the go-to do-it-all loft for me. So nice to not have to worry about the mis-hits I had with the 60*'s. No reason to even risk it with as versatile as the 57* is.

Its that thing that makes you go hmmmmmmmmm, hehehehe

The V-Sole is FOR REAL!

I know you did good sir, even in the crappy conditions I played with it in it was the go-to do-it-all loft for me. So nice to not have to worry about the mis-hits I had with the 60*'s. No reason to even risk it with as versatile as the 57* is.

What did you have a 60* of?

and SCOR's face I'd imagine too!

and SCOR's face I'd imagine too!

The sole is what I was THE most pessimistic about when we first heard about the SCOR's as I didn't pay attention to Eidolon before then (stupid me) but after the reviews started I got the Eidolon's cheap to see for myself about the sole. I've said it 1000's of times already, I'm convinced it changed my game forever. I don't think about my lie any more, I think about my shot. Its amazing.

I agree that the VSole has been the piece of technology with these that has really stood out and is something that really could help an enormous percentage of golfers.

I know that golf balls have a lot of patents filed around the companies research, and you see occasional disputes between two companies based on these patents, however, you don't seem to read as much about patented technology in golf clubs. Be it an idea like the VSole, or a speed slot on a driver/fw, or whatever, even major manufacturers seem to find an idea that provides a benefit and incorporates it into their own future lines. Obviously, there is some pride in being the first to come up with the idea, but ultimately pride doesn't pay the bills.

I guess I would be curious about how much of the intellectual property is able to be protected in the clubmaking industry. In a case like other major OEM with a similar sole, are there even patent issues involved, are they licensing the patent from another vendor, or are the patents so specific that the overall concept really isn't protected such that a minor change to an angle, grind, or camber causes the concept to fall outside of the existing patent.

May not be a discussion for this particular thread, but the VSole made me think about it.

I'll have more thoughts on these tomorrow but a big shout out to Super Tuna. He is letting me hit the 43* and 47* SCOR wedge. I just got these in last night, took them out for a good session today and wow. They'll up end replacing my ZStar PW and actually fill the gap between that and my 50* with the 47*. Hope that made sense :)

I'm going to use these as much as I can until the MC stuff starts rolling in from the wedge and iron side. My initial impressions were, why didn't I try these sooner? I've mentioned this thread has made me ponder but I've realized that I waited entirely too long. Sucks that I could only hit off of mats due to weather but a pure strike is a pure strike. These deliver the goods. The GEnius shaft feels incredible throughout the swing and the SCOR at impact is one of the top 2 wedges I've hit. Like nothing and it's like you're hitting cotton balls. Look forward to flinging divots in the next couple days and a full recap tomorrow. Tuna thank you so much again for letting me try these out!

We really need a Scor smilie!

Back