SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

1 degree is about 2.5 to 3 yards for most golfers. The head design of 54/55 is identical from a shape/weighting vantage point, so if you go 55 and want to dial it down a degree, you could have a club builder strengthen the loft a degree.

I carry a 54 and love that head shape or full wedge shots.

I'll try to take some video this week from tour event in AZ and post up some short game drills Adam and I go through.

Thanks so much Shawn. I think I will order the 55 this week.

Tapatalkin

I have fallen in love with my 56* so much I am going to order the 60* here in a month or so. Kicked the Jaws to the curb.

I have a question for the testers and other SCOR users. I have a SCOR 60* which I love. It really is the easiest 60* I have ever hit and it gets me within putting distance so many times. I also have a R11 AW which is a 50*. I have been debating getting another SCOR wedge to split the difference. I am trying to decide between a 54* and 55*. The main reason I want one is for a full shot at 75 to 85 yards out. I now hit my 60* about 60 yards and the AW about 100 yards. I can take a bit off of the AW to drop to 90, but struggle taking it down to 80 and 70. I think the 54* or 55* would be great for this area. What do you guys suggest going with? Thanks for your thoughts.

I use my 55 as much as possible. For whatever reason I am 100% confident when I have it in hand and I've had some stellar results from full shots down to chips.

When I had the 60 I had too much gap between the 55 and 60, thus the 58 in the bag. I agree the 60 is incredibly easy to use, but it's still 60 and succumbs to my swing flaws and lack of practice time. Since the club is all carry I had to be too precise on full shots. I did have success with chips and the 60.

Back to the 54 55 question. I played with 5* gaps and I MUCH prefer the 4* gaps I have now. You're in a tough spot trying to use one club to cover 60-100 yards. Odds are you won't see a dramatic difference with 1* of loft between the 54 and 55. I'm partial to the 55 so that's what I'd roll with. If you can do 54 58 that'd be ideal I think. Not sure if you can swap the 60 for the 58.

I use my 55 as much as possible. For whatever reason I am 100% confident when I have it in hand and I've had some stellar results from full shots down to chips.

When I had the 60 I had too much gap between the 55 and 60, thus the 58 in the bag. I agree the 60 is incredibly easy to use, but it's still 60 and succumbs to my swing flaws and lack of practice time. Since the club is all carry I had to be too precise on full shots. I did have success with chips and the 60.

Back to the 54 55 question. I played with 5* gaps and I MUCH prefer the 4* gaps I have now. You're in a tough spot trying to use one club to cover 60-100 yards. Odds are you won't see a dramatic difference with 1* of loft between the 54 and 55. I'm partial to the 55 so that's what I'd roll with. If you can do 54 58 that'd be ideal I think. Not sure if you can swap the 60 for the 58.

Thanks Giff. Yeah I don't think I can change out the 60. I think I am just going to go with the 55. I think it will do the job from 60-80.

Played 18 on saturday for the first time in a month and a hlaf. So, I was eager to get some info back to THP, I feel like I have been a slacker. . I had to play my 49* on the 2nd hole, I was 108 out and in some wet conditions. I hit my 49 around 120-125 but wanted to choke down and make sure I hit ball first with a smooth swing. I did just thta and put the ball in the middle of the green and finished witha 2 putt. 5th hole, I had 100 to the pin and a tree to go over. Took my 53 with a full swing , I had no problem getting over the tree, ball landed right in the middle of the green and I 2 putt for a par. Every time i used my SCORs saturday, I expected good results and I was not once let down.

I really wanted to work on my chipping from just off the green, its been a strong part of my game that I havent been practicing as much as I should. So, 4th hole, and the first time I have to chip from about 3 yards off the green, I have about 6 yards of green before the flag, I take my 53*, put it back in my stance and just make a really nice easy putter stroke at the ball making sure I release the club. Couple of bounces, a nice roll and Booom, sunk it. I was pretty happy and continued to chip very well all day. I almost holed out a couple more times in the round. I swear these are the easiest wedges out there to hit.

Nice. A little chip-in action!

Nice. A little chip-in action!

yeah, and I could have swore I did it 2 other times, I just missed the hole.

I'm going to have a 49/53 setup going with my MC bag. Do you use one loft predominantly for chipping?

Another part of my game I really have wanted to become consistent with is my sand game. I used to have ZERO confidence in it. I found myself in 3 bunkers on saturday, on all greenside bunkers I use my 57*. I got up and down from every bunker. My first bunker shot was a very short shot with very little green. I put it to 3 feet. 2nd bunker shot was about 15 yards and on a funky green, so I picked a landing spot to let the ball funnel to the hole...I hit it right where I wanted to, the ball funneled towards the hole almost going in. tap in. the 3rd was a par 5 I tried to reach in 2 but found the bunker. The pin was back and it was a front bunker on a big green. So, I had ot make sure I got the ball back there. I sure as hell did, put it to about 5 feet and sunk the putt. Pretty awesome bunker day if you ask me.

I'm going to have a 49/53 setup going with my MC bag. Do you use one loft predominantly for chipping?

It all depends on the situation buddy. 53 will be your highest loft?

No, I'll have a 57 as well. I'm pretty much the same right now with going with the situation. It's only a degree different from what I have now, but mentally it seems very different. Nice to see you're having success with a similar set up.

No, I'll have a 57 as well. I'm pretty much the same right now with going with the situation. It's only a degree different from what I have now, but mentally it seems very different. Nice to see you're having success with a similar set up.

Yeah, your setup will be exactly like mine with the SCORs. I use the 53* from the edge of the green to about 5 yards off. If its an up hiller then I pull the 49* to get a little more roll. If there is a hill before the green flattens out, I go 57* to make sure I dont hit that hill and cause the ball to put on its breaks and get no roll. Does that make sense buddy? I think you will have good success with that loft setup

It does make sense. It seemed like a weird configuration at first, but I'm excited to try it out. I've learned a ton from this thread and I haven't even hit the clubs.

It does make sense. It seemed like a weird configuration at first, but I'm excited to try it out. I've learned a ton from this thread and I haven't even hit the clubs.

good stuff buddy! I thought it was very wierd at first too.

I wonder how Spinners would do in the SCOR wedges?

SCORShawn- Have you guys ever tried this?

I wonder how Spinners would do in the SCOR wedges?

SCORShawn- Have you guys ever tried this?

Great question and great shaft from everything I've heard. DG design claims on Spinner shafts are higher kick point to flight the ball lower with more spin...and from those I've talked with playing them, they do just that.

Our GENIUS line of short game specific shafts are designed with similar goals. Softer mid section to flight the ball lower on full shots with more spin. We created this line 4 years ago initially with UST in graphite...firmer tip for better feel on full swing speeds with softer mid for more feel around greens on slower swing speeds. We went with KBS on steel because of the tight frequency tolerance we saw during testing on shafts from various steel shaft manufacturers.

To all LH THPers who have read through this thread drooling for the chance to hit ScorGolf clubs.....The wait is almost over!!

A set of LH prototypes arrived in Victoria BC yesterday afternoon....courtesy of the good folks at ScorGolf in Victoria, Texas.

As these are prototypes, and not yet the "real deal", Shawn has asked me not to post any photos or videos of these clubs.

I will confirm that I have 7 clubs that I safely deposited in my bag yesterday. Lofts are: 42, 45, 48, 51, 54, 57 and 60. The Genus 12 steel shafts (regular flex) look and feel great. This may be the largest set of ScorGolf clubs in any golf bag anywhere!

Thanks to Shawn, Beau and everyone at ScorGolf!

More details to follow as I get serious about giving these beauties a workout.

Thanks for the update dave1269!! I know there are several lefties anxious for these to be in production.

To all LH THPers who have read through this thread drooling for the chance to hit ScorGolf clubs.....The wait is almost over!!

A set of LH prototypes arrived in Victoria BC yesterday afternoon....courtesy of the good folks at ScorGolf in Victoria, Texas.

As these are prototypes, and not yet the "real deal", Shawn has asked me not to post any photos or videos of these clubs.

I will confirm that I have 7 clubs that I safely deposited in my bag yesterday. Lofts are: 42, 45, 48, 51, 54, 57 and 60. The Genus 12 steel shafts (regular flex) look and feel great. This may be the largest set of ScorGolf clubs in any golf bag anywhere!

Thanks to Shawn, Beau and everyone at ScorGolf!

More details to follow as I get serious about giving these beauties a workout.
Dave that is so awesome I've been waiting for you to make this announcement! You name the time and the day and we will spend as many hours as you want on the bear mountain driving range with these beauties.

I can't believe the level of customer service these guys at Scor have, and to send a pre release lefty set up to our beautiful part of the world to Dave is just awesome. I'm not going to lie when I say I can't freaking wait to hit them.

That's awesome news Dave! I really love hearing about SCOR wedges, and I was told in this thread the release for lefties would be March of this year. I've been anxiously awaiting ever since!

That's awesome news Dave! I really love hearing about SCOR wedges, and I was told in this thread the release for lefties would be March of this year. I've been anxiously awaiting ever since!

I actually talked to their customer service in December and they told me the same.

I didn't wait though and went with the Cleveland.

Tap Tap Tap

Buzz being generated from these clubs is fantastic. No shortage of LHers in Victoria BC. On the range yesterday afternoon with 4 fellow lefties, Beau @ScorGolf didn't believe me, says he's never seen 4 LH on a golf course in same day. Wish I had taken a picture to send him.

After hitting balls on the range (mats only) for an hour, I now understand the love for KBS. First time with KBS in the bag. The combination of feel and stiffness is outstanding. I think ScorGolf has teamed with a great partner. This shaft is a big improvement over the shaft in my Eidolons. Scor feels like it has more weight at the bottom, easier for me to get through the ball with lots of control.

Weather forecast for the weekend looks promising....Hope to get in 18 each day. I definitely need to spend more time on the range with these, but that can wait for now. Sunny weekends at this time of year are better on the course!

I'm so pumped for the LH'er for these to get to the production stage soon. The SCOR's are so so soooo good, the fact that they are working their tails off to get to the LH market is just another illustration of how down to earth the company is. Very cool

I am so excited for these to come out...I've been following this thread for a while now and have been itching to have a chance to try these.

Buzz being generated from these clubs is fantastic. No shortage of LHers in Victoria BC. On the range yesterday afternoon with 4 fellow lefties, Beau @ScorGolf didn't believe me, says he's never seen 4 LH on a golf course in same day. Wish I had taken a picture to send him.

After hitting balls on the range (mats only) for an hour, I now understand the love for KBS. First time with KBS in the bag. The combination of feel and stiffness is outstanding. I think ScorGolf has teamed with a great partner. This shaft is a big improvement over the shaft in my Eidolons. Scor feels like it has more weight at the bottom, easier for me to get through the ball with lots of control.

Weather forecast for the weekend looks promising....Hope to get in 18 each day. I definitely need to spend more time on the range with these, but that can wait for now. Sunny weekends at this time of year are better on the course!
Good first thoughts Dave, I don't think most Americans understand just how many lefty golfers there are in Canada, its 30% of golfers here and that seems to shock some people. I'm looking forward to some of your thoughts post round today or tomorrow and to hear how they performed out there for you.

Back