Scorecards: Better format

Miller Time

Twitter - @joshmlr
Reaction score
Handicap
Has Been
Horizontal or vertical? The 2nd picture is the one I'm not a fan of. The clip always hides the name and I eventually forget who is in what order on the card.

One local course I play has it in line with the clip holder in the cart like this:

Castle-Hills-Golf-Course-Scorecard.jpg

Another has it like this and I hate it:

stock-photo-blank-golf-score-card-65990791.jpg

I prefer horizontal.

Horizontal or vertical? The 2nd picture is the one I'm not a fan of. The clip always hides the name and I eventually forget who is in what order on the card.

One local course I play has it in line with the clip holder in the cart like this:

Castle-Hills-Golf-Course-Scorecard.jpg

Another has it like this and I hate it:

stock-photo-blank-golf-score-card-65990791.jpg

The first is definitely my preferred. I've been to a couple munis that did it in the bottom way and it seems pointless.

definitely the first.

Ew. Who has that bottom one? That's miserable. Burn it.

Very used to the horizontal format. I guess I never though much about it. Prefer horizontal to vertical when I see both next to each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horizontal for me and I'll add…bifold. The trifold card never seems to fold neatly or fit on the steering wheel (or in my scorecard holder).

I've never seen a vertical card in person.

I like the top one. A+ for all the blank lines. I played a course recently that only had 4 blank lines. That's tough on a stat geek like me.

Ours and almost every one I have ever played has been like the first. I've only played a handful of courses the go vertical.

Funny thing, two of those I played that were vertical either switched to horizontal later, or were horizontal first.

I'll take the top one.

Horizontal always, that vertical version is :clown:

My favorite is from SkyWest over in Hayward (muni course). It is horizontal, and the back nine folds over so 10 goes over where 1 is (and so on). Works great if you are gambling and keeping track of how many skins/dots someone has as I keep mine folded in a scorecard holder in my back pocket.

I much prefer the vertical, being a left hander its the fear of the smudge. I know we are using pencils but its stuck in the mind somewhere to fear the left side. Wish that translated to the golf game :banghead:

Back