Scoring blowup, good to bad.

Popeye

Reaction score
Handicap
This week I went to my local tract that I know very well. Everything was working. Perfect rhythm, rolling the putts, crushing the driver. Shot a 68.
Next day playing at a much nicer, more difficult course but feeling my oats. Out of Rhythm, missing every putt, spraying the driver. Had some moments but overall a crap show. Shot an 82.
I'm totally mystified how this game can swing to extremes for me.
What are your worst two day swings??? I know I'm not the only one.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
- 6 66 to +22 94. I shot in the 100’s shortly after.

28 shots. That’s the most I remember between two rounds.

I may be a little streaky. I CAN hit all the shots. I just don’t very often? 🤷‍♂️

There have been worse, but recently I went from a 95 (22.9) to a 109 (36.5) a week later.

In recent memomry I shot a 79 on a new to me course. Putted lights out with 27.

Followed that up two days later, on a new to me course, with an 88 with 36 putts. An easier course I thought than the previous one.

I'm quite sure there have been larger scoring splits between my rounds. Just don't readily recall them.

I just roll with how I play on any particular day, or course. Probably 90% of my rounds are consistently in the mid/low 80s. (82-86). Most of those are on my very familiar to me, home course.

Some days are just better than others. However, any day golfing is still a good day, regardles of my final score.

this year i went from 91 to 78 on two different courses of similar rating but different slopes.

And people wonder why “unknowns” win tournaments.

So far you guys need to learn what a good blowup round is.

When you are a 4.7 index and are on 100 watch, that’s a blowup.

That’s my life. I have had an 11 and a 13 this year in 3 full rounds. Lol. But I also closed out last year with five rounds of 72-76. That’ll screw you for a while index wise when you play as little as I do now.

That’ll change. I need to just join the CC and be done with it. Stop on my way home from work, take a shower, focus, and get good at golf again.

Yes I’m listed as a 4.7. Hahaha. I found a groove for 5 rounds. I’m playing as about a 18 this year. Worked on strength and flexibility the last 9 months. Speed is back into range but I have 100# less oomph. Contact is an issue now. I’m a completely new body this year. Vastly better but way lighter.

down in hilton head island about 15-20 years ago. played a track that was very narrow and shot 84. This was a near best performance ever at the time given the course. Next day, same course, had to be 120. Was in the pine straw almost every hole. When I sat the driver for the 6i, still in the pine straw.

Next actual day? One doesn't come to mind. I'm sure I've had about a 12 stroke swing from going gonzo to not having it the next day at some point, like I tend to on my card at any given time, but most of my worst days come after not playing for a bit.

After the lockdown lifted here in the UK, I played on 3 consecutive days after not playing for 4 months: 92,84,76. Unfortunately I couldn’t complete the set with a round in the 60’s on the 4th day 🤣.

The first time I shot 70, I followed that up with an 82 the next day that could've been even worse.

My worst swing in two rounds so far this year was from a 78 to a 90 in successive rounds two days apart. Yep, my game can be volatile. :LOL:

My handicap has been rising for the last few weeks. I don’t feel like I am playing any worse, but my scores are saying something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the lockdown lifted here in the UK, I played on 3 consecutive days after not playing for 4 months: 92,84,76. Unfortunately I couldn’t complete the set with a round in the 60’s on the 4th day .
That quite the three day drop.

I swear .... I hate Golf. I shot 80 Sunday and shot a a -3 69 today. Drives me nuts. Granted yesterday included two triples but damn... how about some consistency.

Just in the past three rounds, I’ve gone from 78 to 95 to 85. Consistency is the key. :laughing:

Just in the past three rounds, I’ve gone from 78 to 95 to 85. Consistency is the key. :laughing:
Nice

Back