Scotland or Ireland

You have a chance to go with your buds on a special golf trip to either Scotland or Ireland?

• Scotland

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • Ireland

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Your bud has invited you to go on a week trip to Scotland or Ireland. Where would you prefer to go?

My real answer would be both, but if I had to choose between the two I'd put Scotland ahead simply for the historic courses I would like to play once.

My real answer would be both, but if I had to choose between the two I'd put Scotland ahead simply for the historic courses I would like to play once.
Doing both would be a special trip. I have never done that. Probably more than a week also.

Poll answer: Scotland

Real life answer: Yes. Either one. Zero hesitation. Both countries have jaw dropping scenery and history on and off the links. Give me either one and let me smile for a week with a buddy!

I chose Ireland because it's on my bucket list.... i'm of Irish heritage but have never been .... there are some great courses to play there, and I have friends who have family there and would love to visit with them. In reality.... i'd be thrilled to go to Scotland as well and wouldn't turn down the opportunity.... especially for a golf trip

I would be ecstatic with either destination. But, I picked Scotland because I am more familiar with the history of some of the courses and would like to walk along the same ground as the greats of the game have. I might even imagine me walking with them.

Either one would be a trip of a lifetime.

I have ALWAYS wanted to travel to Ireland to visit, but if we are talking about a golf trip with my friends than Scotland for sure.

I chose Ireland because it's on my bucket list.... i'm of Irish heritage but have never been .... there are some great courses to play there, and I have friends who have family there and would love to visit with them. In reality.... i'd be thrilled to go to Scotland as well and wouldn't turn down the opportunity.... especially for a golf trip
What area is your friends family?

I would be ecstatic with either destination. But, I picked Scotland because I am more familiar with the history of some of the courses and would like to walk along the same ground as the greats of the game have. I might even imagine me walking with them.

Either one would be a trip of a lifetime.
So you may think I'm full of baloney ...But I'm off to Scotland in August with 3 Ole Miss Grads.....Ha

So you may think I'm full of baloney ...But I'm off to Scotland in August with 3 Ole Miss Grads.....Ha

Small world. Hope y'all have a large time and Scotland has enough to drink! Give'em a hotty toddy for me.

Scotland, the course videos I’ve seen of there are absolutely incredible. The natural beauty of the courses and the layouts are what dreams are made of.

Your bud has invited you to go on a week trip to Scotland or Ireland. Where would you prefer to go?
Scotland, no question. Ireland is great too but there is nothing like Scotland for golf.

Scotland, no question. Ireland is great too but there is nothing like Scotland for golf.
My count is 11 Irish and 9 Scottish trips.....I'll agree the golf in Scotland is a slight step up. But the Scottish are making a comeback this August with 16 rounds...

Scotland - because it's in my blood and I need to get there.
You'll get there.....My standard line I use though......Get there while you still have game, not when you are old.....and playing forward

Wife and I went to Ireland and jumped over to Scotland for a couple of days. I really want to get back to Scotland for some more time, but man Ireland is just beautiful and if it's for golf, so many courses. Ireland probably gets my pick.

I went with Scotland - it's been on my list of places I need to see, even before I played golf.

Back