Scotland or Ireland

You have a chance to go with your buds on a special golf trip to either Scotland or Ireland?

• Scotland

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • Ireland

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
Traveled to Ireland for a golf trip and visited Scotland as a tourist. Survey says....Scotland!!!

My count is 11 Irish and 9 Scottish trips.....I'll agree the golf in Scotland is a slight step up. But the Scottish are making a comeback this August with 16 rounds...
I hope to golf in both countries at least once but if I have to choose, its Scotland.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would be thrilled to visit Scotland or Ireland for golf but doubt I will ever have the opportunity to do so.

I went with Ireland. I’ve been once and it was such a magically special trip that it’s hard to imagine anything better. I usually prefer new experiences but in this case I’m choosing the return trip to heaven.

I went with Ireland. I’ve been once and it was such a magically special trip that it’s hard to imagine anything better. I usually prefer new experiences but in this case I’m choosing the return trip to heaven.
It is special in both places....I have been fortunate to get to many of the courses in both. But I've also played quite a few numerous times. My best advise typically is SW Ireland as your first time over. Fabulous courses and easy to arrange.

Having been to Scotland, I’d say there, but we supposedly have a trip to Ireland (North anyway) that was scheduled for last year.

Having been to Scotland, I’d say there, but we supposedly have a trip to Ireland (North anyway) that was scheduled for last year.
Last year sucked. I had a Scottish which is now this year. Just booked my flight. All systems seem like a go. North Ireland is fabulous.

My paternal great grandparents were born in county Roscommon Ireland so that would be my first choice. It’s been on the bucket list for a long time and it will be one of the first trips we will take in two years when we are empty nesters.

Last year sucked. I had a Scottish which is now this year. Just booked my flight. All systems seem like a go. North Ireland is fabulous.

I guess we’re set for this summer but at the same time time, they’re already rescheduling May 2021 trips for next year. So we’ll see.

Scotch >>>>>>> Water >>>>>> Irish Whiskey. That is your answer

Personally, I would go to Ireland first. I think you get a little more of a complete trip if you do Ireland: golf, pubs, music, scenery, hospitality and other things. Scotland, while has all those too, it is a little more 'clinical' (prob wrong wording) -- things are just a little less fun/hospitable.

I have played every course in Ireland and would probably still go back first. I have played most of the main courses in Scotland, but still have a good number to knock off.

Scotland for me. My wife's family on her father's side are natives of St Andrews.

Scotland, for the historic golf courses.

Golf in Scotland is great, but if I had to choose it would be going to Ireland again.
Fewer tourists, more laid-back.
Especially if you go north-west into Donegal, Sligo, Mayo. And great courses of course!

Both countries are absolutely stunning beyond description, but I'm going to have to go with my loyalties here and say Scotland.

As an Englishman with an Irish grandparent, I will always prefer Ireland , because the people are so friendly. The courses are just as good and the off course part of the holiday will be better in Ireland. Scotland has the history, but Ireland has the craic.

Personally, I would go to Ireland first. I think you get a little more of a complete trip if you do Ireland: golf, pubs, music, scenery, hospitality and other things. Scotland, while has all those too, it is a little more 'clinical' (prob wrong wording) -- things are just a little less fun/hospitable.

I have played every course in Ireland and would probably still go back first. I have played most of the main courses in Scotland, but still have a good number to knock off.
Your view is much like mine. On paper the courses in Scotland are better. On the ground experience is just a little better in Ireland. If you haven't....make your way to Wales. Royal Porthcawl is the best there and Pennard is special and a few more. But believe it or not....The Welsh are the friendliest folks I've ever met...and they have more sheep than Ireland...Ha

I hope to go to both locations some day. I honestly have no clue which one I would choose if I had to select just one.

Scotland for me. My wife's family on her father's side are natives of St Andrews.
St Andrews you can go visit and have a ton of fun even if you don't play golf. But staying put in St Andrews which is my standard if visiting that area...Rent a flat for a week. But there are 12 great courses near by.

Golf in Scotland is great, but if I had to choose it would be going to Ireland again.
Fewer tourists, more laid-back.
Especially if you go north-west into Donegal, Sligo, Mayo. And great courses of course!
The Northwest which I have visited specifically twice for play in just that area is the best bang for your buck in all of Ireland and Scotland. Some stunning natural links with massive dunes. Carne/Enniscrone/Connemarra/Sligo/Donegal/Narin Portnoo...Further up at Portsalon and Rosapenna and Billyliffin....I'm drooling Ha

Both countries are absolutely stunning beyond description, but I'm going to have to go with my loyalties here and say Scotland.
And near by in your backyard is some of the most under rated great links....Dreaming of being back at Cruden Bay soon and Royal Aberdeen and Trump.

As an Englishman with an Irish grandparent, I will always prefer Ireland , because the people are so friendly. The courses are just as good and the off course part of the holiday will be better in Ireland. Scotland has the history, but Ireland has the craic.
Worded perfectly.

I hope to go to both locations some day. I honestly have no clue which one I would choose if I had to select just one.
You can't miss with either. My typical advise is SW Ireland for your first romp. Into Shannon play Lahinch and Trump Doonbeg run down stay in Killarney. Play Tralee, Ballybunion both, Dooks, Waterville and finish at Old Head. Go visit Old Head Golf Links, Kinsale - Restaurant, Accommodation & Spa - Home be forwarned though...once you see this you'll be setting your trip up soon...Ha

You can't miss with either. My typical advise is SW Ireland for your first romp. Into Shannon play Lahinch and Trump Doonbeg run down stay in Killarney. Play Tralee, Ballybunion both, Dooks, Waterville and finish at Old Head. Go visit Old Head Golf Links, Kinsale - Restaurant, Accommodation & Spa - Home be forwarned though...once you see this you'll be setting your trip up soon...Ha
Whenever I get around to making this trip happen, I will definitely be looking back at all of your recommendations!

Back