Scotland's courses able to open again on 29th May!

Looking forward to getting out myself Dissapointed we did not get an outing this year Doc . Hopefully get one with all the crew next year.

Looking forward to getting out myself Dissapointed we did not get an outing this year Doc . Hopefully get one with all the crew next year.
Definitely, it will be done once things settle down again and we get back to some sort of normality

Is it only the holes within 5 miles of your house? Would you have to skip the long par 4 on the back 9? Hope it drys out for you all!
Honestly absolutely no idea, the whole thing has been poorly explained. Either way, I’m playing and I’m playing the whole 18!

Well, we got the news last night that everyone up here was waiting for last night, Scottish Golf announced;

"Following today’s announcement from First Minister Nicola Sturgeon, Scottish Golf is pleased to confirm that golf clubs in Scotland can begin to prepare for a return to golf on 29 May 2020 at the earliest, subject to final confirmation by the First Minister by way of an update currently planned for 28 May.

Scottish Golf has worked with Scottish Government, Active Scotland, sportScotland, Health Protection Scotland, The PGA and key industry partners at every opportunity to produce a clear guide for all golf clubs and golfers in Scotland.

It should be noted that a final decision will be made by the First Minister on 28 May and if any changes to the current procedures are required to align with updates provided by Scottish Government then these will be shared with you as soon as they are known to ensure re-opening plans can be updated or adjusted accordingly."

There is going to be the usual social distancing rules applied that you'll all be familiar with by now but the only potential fly in the ointment is that they're limiting the game to around 5 miles from your own house. Clearly this makes very little sense, and hopefully they will scrap this part because there are zero people who will abide by that - myself included!

All going well though, this time next week I'll be swinging those Cobras like a man possessed - bring it on!!!
Their guidance is asinine. 5 miles... A great discussion took place a few days ago in Florida....The Gov spoke to the media and tore into them for their BS coverage.....He spoke specifically of golf at one point. Saying can anyone name one instance of the virus being transmitted thru golf...He laughed about the thought of the virus being transmitted via a golf flag pin....He mentioned that FL had 10's of thousands of visitors from NY/NJ during their spring break in the midst of the onset of the virus and what came of that......Nothing. It's good that the game is coming back. It's a sad state of affairs that your people haven't risen up and advised your leadership of their BS decisions.

All going well though, this time next week I'll be swinging those Cobras like a man possessed - bring it on!!!
Happy that you'll be able to finally experience the fantastic Cobra clubs :cool:👊

Happy to hear you can get out and play, sir! Hit'em straight. :golf2:

Their guidance is asinine. 5 miles... A great discussion took place a few days ago in Florida....The Gov spoke to the media and tore into them for their BS coverage.....He spoke specifically of golf at one point. Saying can anyone name one instance of the virus being transmitted thru golf...He laughed about the thought of the virus being transmitted via a golf flag pin....He mentioned that FL had 10's of thousands of visitors from NY/NJ during their spring break in the midst of the onset of the virus and what came of that......Nothing. It's good that the game is coming back. It's a sad state of affairs that your people haven't risen up and advised your leadership of their BS decisions.
Yup, am on board with every singe part of that. The nonsensical thing is that not one person will or can abide by the 5 miles rule, including me. I believe that they've amended slightly to "broadly" 5 miles which then just opens everything up. Whole situation is becoming slightly farcical and political point scoring at the minute.

Happy that you'll be able to finally experience the fantastic Cobra clubs :cool:👊
Oh me too, can't even tell you. I only got to hit them once properly the day before the lockdown started, so have been absolutely itching for weeks now. Will be the most enjoyable slice of my life off the first :LOL:

Happy to hear you can get out and play, sir! Hit'em straight. :golf2:
Thanks my friend, however the second part of your comment I can't promise haha

Yup, am on board with every singe part of that. The nonsensical thing is that not one person will or can abide by the 5 miles rule, including me. I believe that they've amended slightly to "broadly" 5 miles which then just opens everything up. Whole situation is becoming slightly farcical and political point scoring at the minute.
I am in contact with a couple of vendors of our trip. The apartment provisions offer 50% refund at this point. I have appealed as to that....Meantime a couple courses allow for a refund except Carnoustie and St Andrews...They may allow for roll over to 2021 but it is a moving situation...Meantime I have set up a trip for buds to go to Ireland....actually the same week and all parts are refundable or able to rebook to 2021....Irish love, Scottish not so much....The thing that is downright disturbing is that anyone outside of your country.....If asked about Scotland....Golf is #1 response to the question...How fast will the traveling golfer come back if they feel they were abused in this situation? I'll keep you posted. The guys on this trip are all good ole boys and very motivated to go...We just don't know that we will be received if we show up....

Likewise, it's not been great. I've had a few games booked over the period and had to obviously cancel them - not one have I had a refund for including Royal Aberdeen. They allow course credit, but no actual refund which doesn't sit too well with me. Appreciate if you cancel a trip close to the time meaning they can't replace you, but when the courses are closed I'm not sure that's right. I understand totally about trying to protect cash flow, but there needs to be some fairness. I really hope you manage to get a good solution for your guys, would be great if you could get over.

Likewise, it's not been great. I've had a few games booked over the period and had to obviously cancel them - not one have I had a refund for including Royal Aberdeen. They allow course credit, but no actual refund which doesn't sit too well with me. Appreciate if you cancel a trip close to the time meaning they can't replace you, but when the courses are closed I'm not sure that's right. I understand totally about trying to protect cash flow, but there needs to be some fairness. I really hope you manage to get a good solution for your guys, would be great if you could get over.
I just got done connecting with all of the Irish for my buds....SW itinerary....No refunds just prepaid rollover to next year...My Scottish....Gonna hold out hope to as late as possible. Still have not heard back from Apt...Ugh...A good chance I go regardless of group...but I have compiled a plan B list...and once the paint starts to settle will engage...I have a list of places that I'll call the 2nd tier...places I haven't been...That I will reach out to rate...The wife may not be open arm about that but.....Ha

Back