Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Putter Preview

I am going to file this release under "if Callaway can release a lineup of OG white hot putters, Scotty can release the button back." :cool: I might like these. I will certainly roll them when the chance arises. $600 is steep but really not that bad in the grand scheme. Biggest issue for me might be the visual. I'm not into stripes on cars or putters.

Considering what an original Button Back goes for, $600 doesn't seem that bad. I still don't know if I could bring myself to pay it.

Seems a bit over the top with the r/w/b to me and I usually like that sort of stuff.

Seems a bit over the top with the r/w/b to me and I usually like that sort of stuff.
I believe it’s mostly pointed at the back to back US Open wins on 17-18 and that it was the “champions choice” design of putter to put in play.

Don’t hate America, Jeremy.:LOL:

I bet you could buy it for $600, sell it in a few years and make a nice chunk on it.

I believe it’s mostly pointed at the back to back US Open wins on 17-18 and that it was the “champions choice” design of putter to put in play.

Don’t hate America, Jeremy.:LOL:
Which got benched, and needs to make a comeback.

From what I've heard, you won't be able to walk into your local shop and try one on August 6th. They are super limited. More limited than the T22 of 2019. My local shop is getting one, and the allotment is 20 for the rep that covers parts of 3 states. They are already going for double retail on eBay. Good luck finding one at retail now. Seems like everywhere is sold out.

Everything good is super limited 🙁

BRB calling my local shop to see if they'll get one and flip on the market ... limited putters are becoming like the sneaker industry

BRB calling my local shop to see if they'll get one and flip on the market ... limited putters are becoming like the sneaker industry
They’ve always been that way, especially Cameron. See My Girl and any other similar release. It’s the beauty of options though.

Why doesn't every Scotty OTR have this milling?

View attachment 9017785
It looks really similar to the milling pattern on my Studio Style. Talk about a throwback (this is before Scotty decided to only put GSS on Circle T's, and charge 3x the retail price).
SC Face.jpg

I have a flowback 5.5 on order but overall on the fence with this release. It seems too busy and other than the button back has nothing in common with the original release. It's a slightly more special select. Same mass-produced grip, same head finish, and far too busy. However, I'll hold full judgment until I have mine in hand and carpet roll it.
I love the look of the original button-back. Scotty used to make elegant putters and the button back was one of his best. From the brown leather grip to the subtle copper in the buttons, it was just different.
Maybe I'm being harsh but the T22 left me feeling the same way. I mean seriously for $600 can we get a custom grip with the series?

These are hard to resist.

my local golf galaxy just called me. they will be getting 8, all right handed. first come first serve. i didnt ask which model. my location is small and never gets the limited stuff. if u really want one i think theres a very good chance to pick one up at retail.

4214EDBD-329B-4C0C-BF6C-E82BCD15559C.jpeg4E621D7E-CD01-4596-AD2B-0CE2FDF81694.jpegFF81A7E1-DDF7-44D8-85B1-E71868B45BB2.jpeg

I don't want to like these.

I always figured a Button Back release would happen at some point but I'm a little disappointed in this. The milling and copper insert is fantastic but the three lines on the face and the red, white and blue paintfill on the buttons just doesn't look great IMO. I get that it's a tie in to the U.S. Open but it just doesn't look quite right.

I know these will sell out immediately but $600 seems like a hefty price for something that's going to come with a standard grip and I assume a Velcro headcover.

I always figured a Button Back release would happen at some point but I'm a little disappointed in this. The milling and copper insert is fantastic but the three lines on the face and the red, white and blue paintfill on the buttons just doesn't look great IMO. I get that it's a tie in to the U.S. Open but it just doesn't look quite right.

I know these will sell out immediately but $600 seems like a hefty price for something that's going to come with a standard grip and I assume a Velcro headcover.

Someone should be fired and/or put on a firing squad line if those putters come with velcro head covers.

I like ‘em.
Don’t know if I like ‘em enough to drop 6 hondo on one… but I like ‘em.

Then again, I thought I was nuts spending 4 bills on my Special Select Squareback 2…

Someone should be fired and/or put on a firing squad line if those putters come with velcro head covers.
I really hope I'm wrong but I'd be shocked if they didn't.

Scotty doesn't do anything other than Velcro....

...and based on the fact that his covers are instantly bought and resold for profit tells me no one is smart enough to care.

I like how you didn't lead with "whoops" hahaha

Did you really go 33 inches or do they run heavy?
It’s a 35 inch putter.

Back