Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Putter Preview

Interesting... Standard for Scotty is 10-15-20 for 35-34-33.

Always making it weird.

weird is my specialty..

I don’t know. Maybe the heads are lighter over all. I couldn’t say. Or they messed up on this one. I didn’t change anything or have any special requests.

Scotty doesn't do anything other than Velcro....

...and based on the fact that his covers are instantly bought and resold for profit tells me no one is smart enough to care.
It's a head-scratcher. Heck, one of my Scotty velcro covers lost its "cling" in less than one season. Ugh.

It's a head-scratcher. Heck, one of my Scotty velcro covers lost its "cling" in less than one season. Ugh.
Yeah, I don't think they mind that reality.

I also don't know how good AM&E magnets are, but they should definitely catch up with the times.

im a big fan of thom browne so i like the stripes...

the secondary market prices for these is crazy

It’s ridiculous what people will pay just for that name.
It's spiraling in an impossible way, to be sure.

Back 10 years ago, you could buy a 2-3 year old used Scotty for 125 dollars. Those same putters today are selling for 400.

I just watched a video on YouTube of a guy claiming a Masters 2021 Scotty (the one that costs 795) is worth 4,000 dollars.

What a joke.

makes me kinda not like Scottys even more..

The Beanie Babies of the golf world. :p

PS - I own two that I love. Both purchased below retail.

makes me kinda not like Scottys even more..
I don't take issue with Scotty, but the aftermarket collective have lost their damn minds that's for sure.

It’s ridiculous what people will pay just for that name.

NM just saw someone post that these are hard to get and are going to be very limited so I guess that explains it

Last edited:
I would generally agree that you can't have too many putters but you can definitely pay way too much for them.

NM just saw someone post that these are hard to get and are going to be very limited so I guess that explains it
And that's exactly how they get those kind of prices for them. They've done an incredible job making their product into a status symbol for golfers, then they create limited quantities to drive demand and people are willing to pay the ridiculous prices for them because they feel special when they have something that few others have. A $4000 Scotty doesn't putt any better than the $150 Ping Anser it was modeled after.

Interesting... Standard for Scotty is 10-15-20 for 35-34-33.

Always making it weird.

I believe these are the same head as the Special Select line, which was made lighter without the weights and then heavier weights on the heel and toe. Think it goes 35-34-33 is 30-35-40 gram weights.

I believe these are the same head as the Special Select line, which was made lighter without the weights and then heavier weights on the heel and toe. Think it goes 35-34-33 is 30-35-40 gram weights.
Feels like a strange choice to me. Why not stay consistent. 20g off? why?

Feels like a strange choice to me. Why not stay consistent. 20g off? why?
Total weight is the same as always. Just removed weight elsewhere to add more weight into the heel and the toe to increase MOI.

3E810BDE-97D6-419C-9769-360B71C0607B.png

Judging by other 2nd hand sites and FB groups I think I’m the only one to play mine lol. So far so good!!

074EF2DB-4981-4007-AD65-F565B4B1DD2F.jpeg619E2357-0B2E-4FC6-B2E4-7500906859A1.jpeg

I saw on one of the golf boards that someone removed the paint on theirs. It made it look even better. So there are some that are using them. :)

I saw on one of the golf boards that someone removed the paint on theirs. It made it look even better. So there are some that are using them. :)
Do you remember where you saw that? I’m planning on removing the paint from mine and would love to see how it looks before hand lol

Back