Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M

I will be rolling this one when it hits stores. I love the look and the design that went into it.

Huge fan of the older model of this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why didn't they roll with the slant neck like Justin is using, especially with the success of the Tour Spider as well as Odyssey rolling out slant neck 7s? Cost savings?

Probably more like they can't sell that $3500 "tour" version as easily. Justin Thomas won the PGA with the better real version of this type of mallet so I'm sure you'll see a lot of the tour ones for sell out of Scotty's gallery shop. You know they could have made one like it for production (see Newport 2.5 or 1.5) without having to weld it, but they chose to hype up their tour mystique instead.

Last edited:
I love the look of Justin Thomas' actual putter with the flow neck. I would buy that one in a heartbeat. Aesthetically this one doesn't do as much for me. I've seen pics lately that Tom Slighter has done the JT flow neck mod to some putters and they looked great.

"IF" I was to even think about trying out the new futuras it would be the 5S.
I recently had a golo S5 that I liked. Its something about the mallet with a straight shaft I really like.
But... I keep going back to the original 2003 futura, I putt well with it!

That thing is slick... I'd love to try a CS version if they make one

Rolled a 5.5M at my local shop. It's nice. Good feel and I like the look of the smaller head.

How's the weight feel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't spend a ton of time with it, but the weighting/balance felt good. The feel off the face is like the other Futura models. And as I mentioned, I like the look of the smaller head a lot better than the 7 (I'm not a fan of bigger mallets).

d7d0f1f0b557460b5851b2f4dece40f6.jpg

I absolutely love mine. I went for the “Heavy Head” Custom Shop 34” and changed the grip to a SS Flatso 1.0. Rolls the ball with little effort and feels amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back