Scotty Cameron Futura X, noticed something funny today.

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
I got my new putter this afternoon and headed to the practice greens straight away. Being that I hadn't seen one in the flesh before I decided to get it, I didn't really know what to expect. Anyway it's a great putter and making short putts is ridiculously easy. I hit maybe half a dozen putts with it and then it dawned on me, when addressing a ball the putter looks like a stick man. I've added a picture to show what I mean. It makes me smile every time I look at it, lol

Haha I love it

I have a weird mind but it literally jumped out at me and now it's all I can see, not complaining though. Lol

Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Just like the FedEx logo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Funny stuff!

Lol that's funny.

Nice. That will keep me from picking up one. :)

Now you can start drawing faces on your ball.

Lol. Thats great if you ask me.

LMAO! never noticed that... im sure from not until it goes away ill see it!

so what are your thoughts on it? sound, feel? control? etc.. Id love to hear what a good golfer thinks about it.

Haha nice catch, thanks to you I will never be able to look at one of these without greeting the stick man that is gazing up at me.

Haha nice catch, thanks to you I will never be able to look at one of these without greeting the stick man that is gazing up at me.

+2....thanks for that! lol

Just like this picture....you are welcome!

BDaj1tXCIAAW-Kx.jpg

so what are your thoughts on it? sound, feel? control? etc.. Id love to hear what a good golfer thinks about it.

Hey bud, I only managed to get about half an hour on the practice green and in that time fell in love! It sounds very different to any other putter I've tried in the last few years and kinda reminds me of the original Futura, except with more of a thud at impact? As for distance control, WOW!, this thing puts an awesome roll on the ball and starting it on the right line is easy as can be thanks to the alignment system.
The best part though, putts within 6ft are so easy it's almost criminal and makes it feel like you're cheating. Lol. I'll have more to write once I've putted with it again which should be in a few hours.

Once you see it, you can't unsee it.
Just like the FedEx logo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I wonder who else sees "it".

Hey bud, I only managed to get about half an hour on the practice green and in that time fell in love! It sounds very different to any other putter I've tried in the last few years and kinda reminds me of the original Futura, except with more of a thud at impact? As for distance control, WOW!, this thing puts an awesome roll on the ball and starting it on the right line is easy as can be thanks to the alignment system.
The best part though, putts within 6ft are so easy it's almost criminal and makes it feel like you're cheating. Lol. I'll have more to write once I've putted with it again which should be in a few hours.

Try hitting 3 balls off the heel/center/toe and see what the difference are...for me they were about 8 - 12 " dispersion. Love the distance similarities with less than perfect strikes!

I"m certainly not a good golfer, but the best golfer I know uses this very same putter. and he is /seriously/ good with it. How much of that is the putter, I'm not sure, but that indian sure does fire this arrow true.

I"m certainly not a good golfer, but the best golfer I know uses this very same putter. and he is /seriously/ good with it. How much of that is the putter, I'm not sure, but that indian sure does fire this arrow true.

definitely skill is the key here--I think he has won the club championship with 3 different putters now :)

haha, that's funny

That is funny Clint. Love it. :D

You forgot to draw the cape on the stick figure...just sayin

You forgot to draw the cape on the stick figure...just sayin

Good call, sorry. I'm a crap artist so I left it to the viewer to "imagine" the cape, lol.

Try hitting 3 balls off the heel/center/toe and see what the difference are...for me they were about 8 - 12 " dispersion. Love the distance similarities with less than perfect strikes!

I took your advice and it's crazy how similar a distance they all travel. I struggled with it this morning on the practice green and was doubting my choice getting this putter but once I realised the practice green was ridiculously long and slow I went and putted on the 18'th and I'm glad I did. The green was cut the day before and rolled beautifully and filled me with so much confidence. I played a few holes this evening and had a 40ft+ birdie putt that I knew I had very little chance of making so lagged it within a few inches of the hole. The putt was downhill, downgrain and breaking left to right by the way. I'm very quickly falling on love with this putter.

Now thats funny right there

Did some putting practice today and i didnt even notice the little man ;(.One thing that's beginning to irritate me is that there is no alignment line in the crown. Of course you can send it to Scotty and be without a putter for 2 months..

Im Seriously Going to buy this Putter. Thanks to all you guys with your input. Ive been on the fence for about a month now and reading your stuff made me Fall over the other side of the fence! Not to mention The Stick Man! That wes the Clincher!nThanks again Boys

That's Classic, Makes you wonder if Scotty did it on purpose..LOL

Back