Scotty Cameron - Old vs New

Really liked the Newport mid slant, thought it was easier to line up. Will probably get another one at some point.

This years release is good. The last with the insert was so bad. I still love the looks of a Circa 62 #3 and all of those were good. Although by todays standards pretty light.

Tough to beat pro platinum's though.

My current gamers are a 2000 Pro Platinum Newport 2 35" and a 1997 Classic Newport 2 also in 35". I love the feel of the older milled carbon steel putters.

Based on the OP pics? Old in a large margin for me. I’m not down with the modern looks they’ve gone to.

Based on the OP pics? Old in a large margin for me. I’m not down with the modern looks they’ve gone to.
While I do think the latest is an improvement, I think it might be 13th or 14th on my list if we're talking last 20 years with 20 releases considered.

You ver think of refinish that thing!? Would be sweet
It is on the to do list. Maybe next winter. I would like to refinish it in platinum.

While I do think the latest is an improvement, I think it might be 13th or 14th on my list if we're talking last 20 years with 20 releases considered.
I’d put them further down than that tbh

2012 to 2019 were big misses for me.
That’s about the same span of blah for me as well.

Give me the Cali series back!

That’s about the same span of blah for me as well.

Give me the Cali series back!
If they brought out a Cali series re-run, and added some of the more traditional heads, I'd legitimately call you and squeal.

In fact, I'm committing to that.

If they brought out a Cali series re-run, and added some of the more traditional heads, I'd legitimately call you and squeal.

In fact, I'm committing to that.
Would be amazing

This does nothing for me, even if it was free, I’d say no thank you.
If it was free, you could sell it for an obscene number of dollars and buy many of your favorites!

....and then delete all socials because you'd take endless grief for selling arguably the most iconic putter ever hahahaha

:ROFLMAO:
I realize you could sell it for lots of money, I get that. I’m saying the putter in general. Just blur out the name. The stick, no thanks.

:ROFLMAO:
I realize you could sell it for lots of money, I get that. I’m saying the putter in general. Just blur out the name. The stick, no thanks.
like, a non circle T related Scotty shape?

I feel that.

Back