Scotty Cameron - Old vs New

1585771326778.png
I’d rather have this than any new one. Man that thing is just gorgeous.

Old and it's not close.

I’d rather have this than any new one. Man that thing is just gorgeous.
So clean, and the finish is nuts.

Shame they bailed on carbon heads. I get it, completely, but still a shame.

like, a non circle T related Scotty shape?

I feel that.
There’s a ton of cool circle Ts that aren’t a Newport. Most of his creations are Newport, I find the creations very cool and how they look, just not a fan of the Newport at all. Right now he’s got a really cool squareback in the gallery thats sold of course but.. The closet thing to a Newport that I actually like is a Laguna.

There’s a ton of cool circle Ts that aren’t a Newport. Most of his creations are Newport, I find the creations very cool and how they look, just not a fan of the Newport at all. Right now he’s got a really cool squareback in the gallery thats sold of course but.. The closet thing to a Newport that I actually like is a Laguna.
Like this one! 1585882423531.jpeg

This thread made me look at some Scotty’s for a while in the interwebs. To me it looks like the “new” putters act like a high end euro sedan. While they’re great performers they lack soul. It’s like they’re all business. The “old” Scotty’s just seem to remind me of a mid 60’s Cadillac or Lincoln. The style, and craftsmanship is just superb. The older ones seem to have more “fun” put in them with the paint fill and actual hand stamping.

This thread made me look at some Scotty’s for a while in the interwebs. To me it looks like the “new” putters act like a high end euro sedan. While they’re great performers they lack soul. It’s like they’re all business. The “old” Scotty’s just seem to remind me of a mid 60’s Cadillac or Lincoln. The style, and craftsmanship is just superb. The older ones seem to have more “fun” put in them with the paint fill and actual hand stamping.
I like that take, a lot actually.

The older ones seem like they came out of the hands of someone who cares. The new ones present like a full on manufacturers delight. Maybe I'm just being picky.

Scotty's new studio-only offerings are sooo good.

But talking off the rack, his old stuff was much more inspired.

I would even argue that the pre-gallery custom order sticks we so much better than what comes out of the gallery. They crank so much out for the two stores, the online shop, Rand, and Dalton, that it feels like mass production of what is supposed to feel more like one-offs.

Everything, no matter how pretty that you see offered for sale today comes with at least 3-5 clones.

This thread has me combing the internet now and the old Scotty's are so superior. I want one badly now. If you showed me a refinished one from the late 90s/early 00's and a new one from this year there's no way on looks I would pick the new one.

Yeah, shame it's not accessible to 99% of golfers though.

Another like! It’s basically a Hollywood.

4B69C5C4-2226-4689-AE79-F0A44013C314.jpeg

Money is a figment of the imagination. You don't need it, but if you want it, you'll find a way to get it.
sounds like every scotty purchase ever for me hahaha

This thread may or may not have caused me to bid on and win two Scotty Cameron’s Ofer night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_1744.jpg
IMG_1746.png
IMG_1747.png

IMG_1745.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_1744.jpg
    IMG_1744.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2
Back