Scotty Cameron putters

Here's a little sneak peek. Ohhh, and if anyone can accurately guess what this will look like when it's all done, I'll give it to you for the cost of shipping.

Now, I am fully aware that no one is actually going to guess correctly (I promise, my mind is made up, and I won't change how I envision the end result,) so I'd like to offer a consolation prize as well:

Whomever has the closest guess will get something cool from me (not gonna lie, it'll probably be a custom ball marker.)

So feel free to take a crack at it.

IMG_20200207_123245.jpg

It's going to have a multi color finish, probably more gloss than matte, with some blue and grey elements in there.
You are going to find a way to eliminate that gross flange line, and replace it with a top line like a normal person would want.
White and tiffany paintfill.
Then you're going to stamp "I <3 Canadan" on it.

Nailed it. I'll send you my address.

It's going to have a multi color finish, probably more gloss than matte, with some blue and grey elements in there.
You are going to find a way to eliminate that gross flange line, and replace it with a top line like a normal person would want.
White and tiffany paintfill.
Then you're going to stamp "I <3 Canadan" on it.

Nailed it. I'll send you my address.
Flange lines suck, but I'm not going to weld the flange.

If I were going to stamp "I <3 Canadan" I would really need to figure out a way to give it a sparkly, magical unicorn appearance.

Flange lines suck, but I'm not going to weld the flange.

If I were going to stamp "I <3 Canadan" I would really need to figure out a way to give it a sparkly, magical unicorn appearance.
a man can dream.

Many years ago, I contemplated getting a Scotty Cameron Newport 2. At the time, they were going for $249 retail. That was without any customizations. I ended up ordering a custom putter from Vons Golf. Anser 2 style with a flat milled face to my specifications made out of 303 stainless steel. I think I paid $170 for it. Been in the bag ever since. I find it interesting how the Scotty Camerons have evolved over time. I'm curious to know if the changes ended up primarily to be cosmetic vs functional.

I'll play, I think a colored mirror finish instead of paint. Like a blueing or oil can kind of effect.

Here's a little sneak peek. Ohhh, and if anyone can accurately guess what this will look like when it's all done, I'll give it to you for the cost of shipping.

Now, I am fully aware that no one is actually going to guess correctly (I promise, my mind is made up, and I won't change how I envision the end result,) so I'd like to offer a consolation prize as well:

Whomever has the closest guess will get something cool from me (not gonna lie, it'll probably be a custom ball marker.)

View attachment 8927036
Did you remove the finish on it? How'd you get it to look like that?

I was doing some surfing this afternoon looking at some Scotty Cameron putters and came across this custom made one and just had to share the pic of it, cause it looks so cool.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg

If you're on a budget and want a quality putter check out the Cleveland Classic putter line. I loved mine, great feel, I just do better with a mallet. I also really like the Nike Method Core series with the milled insert.

Agree 100% with this. The Cleveland Classic line of putters has an amazing milled design and feel and can be had very inexpensively. This one I just picked up on Ebay last week and it was $64 with shipping. It feels as good as the SC and other milled putters I own/have owned.

This Cleveland uses 304 stainless for these putters which is more corrosion resistant than the 303 stainless(also very corrosion resistant) that Scotty Cameron uses in their Studio Stainless designs. 304 Stainless is 18% chromium and 8% nickel while 303 is 17% Chromium, 8% nickel, and 0.15% Sulfur/Selenium which makes it slightly easier to mill.

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 3.06.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-07 at 3.06.27 PM.png

Last edited:
I was doing some surfing this afternoon looking at some Scotty Cameron putters and came across this custom made one and just had to share the pic of it, cause it looks so cool.

View attachment 8927038

View attachment 8927040
I'm always suspicious of these. I feel like they make one for pictures and then sell a bunch of fakes. Putters closely resembling this are all over the Chinese fake market for around $80

I'm always suspicious of these. I feel like they make one for pictures and then sell a bunch of fakes. Putters closely resembling this are all over the Chinese fake market for around $80
Thanks for the warning, as I was only looking and not intending to buy I think I'm safe. Appreciate the warning though. (y)

Also, I will be sending you a DM about a possible putter I might like to have refurbished. After looking at what you posted above I have to say that is so cool looking, Nice job, SB. (y)

View attachment 8927036
blue color, green fill, orange accents.

I’m thinking a nice murdered out finish... All black errything.

All this typing with none of the picture posting awesomeness of a 'new-to-you' Cameron!

Come on, man. Show us the goods.
Screenshot_20200127-105419_eBay.jpg:drinks:

Does anyone know what kind of shaft is used in the new OTR models? Are they just the standard putter shafts we’ve seen for years or does Scotty use something a tad different? Debating the switch to a KBS CT Tour shaft in the new special select model but not sure if it’s worth it or not. Have used that shaft in a few other non-Scotty putters and like it a lot.

Does anyone know what kind of shaft is used in the new OTR models? Are they just the standard putter shafts we’ve seen for years or does Scotty use something a tad different? Debating the switch to a KBS CT Tour shaft in the new special select model but not sure if it’s worth it or not. Have used that shaft in a few other non-Scotty putters and like it a lot.
All SC shafts are made by Nippon. They're proprietary with a .580 butt diameter.

Back