Scotty Cameron putters

Taking my Scotty Special Select Flowback 5.5 out for it's first round today. :cool:(y)

I like window shopping in this thread 😆

does anyone know how different baby blue is from tiffany blue out of the custom shop?

does anyone know how different baby blue is from tiffany blue out of the custom shop?
Also, please don't send your putter to the CS for paint. Such a waste of time and money (not to mention they aren't even open right now, but happily taking deposits.) Especially when someone you know does paintfill at a very reasonable rate.

Also, please don't send your putter to the CS for paint. Such a waste of time and money (not to mention they aren't even open right now, but happily taking deposits.) Especially when someone you know does paintfill at a very reasonable rate.
correct, i had been looking on their customization for sometime and had always really wanted to do a laguna in tiffany.. i know its probably overrated and over down in regards to the laguna in tiffany but its neat and thats their imo ill call their gallery color.. but i was just curious because they dont offer it how close the baby blue would be.

correct, i had been looking on their customization for sometime and had always really wanted to do a laguna in tiffany.. i know its probably overrated and over down in regards to the laguna in tiffany but its neat and thats their imo ill call their gallery color.. but i was just curious because they dont offer it how close the baby blue would be.
It would be noticeably different. Scotty uses two types of blue that are reserved for GSS putters only. It started with Tiffany blue, but I'm assuming legal stepped in and said "stop doing that before we get sued" (Tiffany & Co actually owns the color.) Now he uses "Scotty Blue" which is a pretty basic robin's egg blue. Again, both are reserved for GSS putters only.

Can you elaborate on the comparison? What makes it better?

Couple of things I can really tell a difference. First, the feel and response I get from the SC is nothing like the Anser. With the Scotty I can instantly feel whether I hit the ball in the middle, toe, or heel. Before using the Scotty I thought my Anser had great feel. Now when I switch back to the Anser, I can feel the difference right away. This has helped me really dial in on getting the ball started on the correct line. The Scotty feels way more stable in my hands. I'm not exactly sure what the Anser weighs, but the Scotty feels heavier in the club head which has made my stroke more consistent.

The grip is all personal preference, but going from a SuperStroke Flatso 2.0 to the Pistolini Plus grip I feel like I have more control of the club. I also like the texture of the Pistolini grip. Last but not least, the Anser has a "long neck" compared the shortened neck of the Scotty. So far, I feel like this has helped with my alignment.

Overall, I'm really starting to fall in love with this putter. Granted I've only had it for a day, but I can already see a little improvement on the practice mat. Oh, and can't forget, the Scotty is also just a beautiful putter to stare at!

Couple of things I can really tell a difference. First, the feel and response I get from the SC is nothing like the Anser. With the Scotty I can instantly feel whether I hit the ball in the middle, toe, or heel. Before using the Scotty I thought my Anser had great feel. Now when I switch back to the Anser, I can feel the difference right away. This has helped me really dial in on getting the ball started on the correct line. The Scotty feels way more stable in my hands. I'm not exactly sure what the Anser weighs, but the Scotty feels heavier in the club head which has made my stroke more consistent.

The grip is all personal preference, but going from a SuperStroke Flatso 2.0 to the Pistolini Plus grip I feel like I have more control of the club. I also like the texture of the Pistolini grip. Last but not least, the Anser has a "long neck" compared the shortened neck of the Scotty. So far, I feel like this has helped with my alignment.

Overall, I'm really starting to fall in love with this putter. Granted I've only had it for a day, but I can already see a little improvement on the practice mat. Oh, and can't forget, the Scotty is also just a beautiful putter to stare at!
Thanks for the response. I have a more spartan looking custom anser style putter. It has very similar chatacteristics to your scotty. I recently put a Ping Blackout grip on it as the original was worn out and experimenting with mid size grips. 20200205_221356.jpg

Thanks for the response. I have a more spartan looking custom anser style putter. It has very similar chatacteristics to your scotty. I recently put a Ping Blackout grip on it as the original was worn out and experimenting with mid size grips.

I love the Anser style putters. I went with the Newport 2 as it the same style and it has the black alignment line. Looking down, it is almost identical to my Anser. Here's a picture I took - left is Anser, right is Scotty. This really shows the difference in neck length when addressing the ball.

D8AAFEE3-AB95-4016-8EE7-B11845896485_1_201_a.jpeg

I love the Anser style putters. I went with the Newport 2 as it the same style and it has the black alignment line. Looking down, it is almost identical to my Anser. Here's a picture I took - left is Anser, right is Scotty. This really shows the difference in neck length when addressing the ball.

View attachment 8945050
That Scotty is 😵😍🏅💰

Put my Phantom 12.5 putter back in the bag today and it felt great. Made some great putts on the back 9.

It may have hit a few branches falling out of the ugly tree, but I will say that it performs for me and it doesn't sacrifice too much in the sound/feel dept.

View attachment 8945050
20200205_221426.jpg
Mine has a white line. Hmm, should I change it to black?

I did something..

263C4344-2CB4-4450-BA3D-9BA08508C625.jpegA50BA736-23D4-4171-8258-292F6D6657D1.jpeg77337B99-7477-48B6-9366-F35C71360BA2.jpeg263C4344-2CB4-4450-BA3D-9BA08508C625.jpegA50BA736-23D4-4171-8258-292F6D6657D1.jpeg77337B99-7477-48B6-9366-F35C71360BA2.jpeg

Nice, dude! The feedback off that head is SO strong.

Carpet rolled it this evening! So far so good. I'm extremely disappointed though that a putter at this price doesn't have a magnetic closure HC

Carpet rolled it this evening! So far so good. I'm extremely disappointed though that a putter at this price doesn't have a magnetic closure HC
haha, well, considering his 400 dollar tour covers are velcro...

Never going to happen.

LOVE the teryllium insert on these!!

I've never rolled a copper insert. And tbh I thought it would be much softer. Don't know why. But initial thoughts are the 2018/2019 insert has a softer feel. Only rolled like 10-12 putts though. Verdict is still out

There is a TON of feedback of this Terylium insert. I know instantly where on the face I have struck it. The more I roll it, the More I really like it. I think perfection would be pretty darn close if there was a deeper mill pattern on this Teryrylium insert. If Scotty does that and it would be tough to beat!

Last edited:
Back