Scotty Cameron putters

tour scottys has a very cool GSS 009 Scoty Dale 350G deep milled chromatic bronze
@Space Bandito

And yours have no interest for you at all, that's why you buy them. ;)
To be fair I didn't actually buy this one. Won it rather. The other 3 and the 2 or 3 tour rats that I have I have owned for several years. They all exist in head form in a drawer in my shop. I don't like insert putters. I keep the TRs around because every now and then I like to mess around with weights.

This came in today, I’m excited and kind of like yeah it’s a spaceship.. but I’m trying to do what’s possibly best for my putting stroke. So we shall see. Overall I do like the looks of it.
C5A758F3-11CE-456C-9713-7310FA5C1243.jpeg1868E606-1364-4802-A5F4-DC7DED8ACE21.jpegC165C1E6-E06B-4554-9BF5-EFF0F510C442.jpeg

Here is a Cameron III model putter produced about 25 years ago, prior to Scotty partnering with Titleist.IMG_7933.JPG

Today was a good mail day

8206E0D5-1C0E-41EB-BBEA-59F1EE103761.jpeg
B2EA6B26-5D54-4CDA-A548-E223B7AB9BD3.jpeg
53CBF8A7-3147-40CB-B0B5-6AE018F9EEB9.jpeg

I don’t like the new Johnny racer BS.
In fact it’s stuff like this that makes me say to the brand as a whole-

Where is this heading?
His video talking about it I just thought how dumb.

Scotty makes a good putter. Some of his designs were pretty radical. As for value, that is up to the individual. As mentioned, if it works well for you, then it probably is. I would echo what has been said and try out as many as you can and hopefully on an actual putting green as opposed to those in the retail stores. The in-store greens, anybody can put. I swear they are intentionally designed so that every put goes in the cup (no proof). FWIW, I designed a data base for Scotty when I worked at Titleist. The purpose was to track where each putter head was in the process as they were sent out to various vendors for each operation i.e. Anodizing, paint fill, inserts, grind. Final assembly was done at the Titleist plant (in Escondido at the time). Scotty used to have a retail outlet up the coast (Encinitas?). As for me, I prefer Odyssey, but also have a few "relics" Northwestern (Tom Weiskopf). Years ago, I had a Ping blade that looked like a hot dog on a stick.

Does Scotty still use a third party to do his milling?
haha...used to be 3rd party everything. I worked receiving for a spell, all the iron heads came from the same place and once in awhile a head from another company like Cleveland show up in a box. True Temper, Aldila, Graffaloy shafts, ferrules, grips. There were a couple of guys who did custom grinds for the pro's forged heads. They sort of did them by eyeball. a guy named "Ernie" was an artisan. Basically all Titleist did was assembly. There was of course and in-house R&D. Q&A was pretty good. Loft&Lie, step pattern, frequency matching, hosel depth, champfer, head swing weight, all the normal stuff.

Back