Scotty Cameron putters

I wish there were rules for flippers, like no more than 25% mark up on newly released stuff. That covers their time and effort, and allows us to have cool stuff at a fair price. Seeing guys buy $4000 putters ($4500 after tax and shipping) from the gallery and list them at $6000+ is just sickening. But those rarely ever sell at that price.

I wonder if SC would consider just doing auction sales? The after market would essentially disappear and they'd get the increase in sales price straight to their pocket. Maybe the overall demand drops without the flipping market though?

I wonder if SC would consider just doing auction sales? The after market would essentially disappear and they'd get the increase in sales price straight to their pocket. Maybe the overall demand drops without the flipping market though?

The market that flippers cater to is relatively small, really just a handful of items being sold to a few impatient buyers. It's a non issue.
By the way, Callaway-Odyssey is now offering some limited availability putters, such as a total of 10 putters of a specific model. Naturally, several of the fortunate buyers who paid Callaway $700 immediately list the putter on ebay for $1,200, trying to make a fast $400 to $500. My thinking is that flipping is only done for very limited items, so it's a small market and not a problem.

If the flipping after market upsets someone, the Cameron Club option is there for that exact purpose. If the membership and marked up ebay prices are both viewed as too expensive, that’s fine, as there are plenty of other options for headcovers and such.

Coming into a Scotty thread to insult people for how they choose to spend their money just seems like sour grapes though.
Are we looking at it through a clear lens, or a defensive one? If someone genuinely doesn't understand the Club Cameron concept, the responses make perfect sense. If they do and are playing dumb, well, I sort of agree.

But we are assuming at this point, aren't we? First question was 'what is it' and the response was 'welcome kit (not clear) and chance to buy more'
Second question was responded with saying you can make money by getting product and selling to others for way more (which is hardly a good presentation).

If you're a Scotty fan and the process works for you, I wouldn't take someone else's confusion or lack of interest in resale as an insult.... Unless they spend weeks in here blasting it at which point we'll drop the hammer haha

I've heard speculation that Facebook "gaming auctions" have created especially high prices for Cameron putters.
I don't think there's any question about that (and I know our boy @BuckNasty has enjoyed them lmao).
Small buy in, okay chance at winning it, price elevates to crazy levels.

FB marketplace has done a lot of things for Scotty collecting, none of which have been particularly appealing to me. Getting a 'deal' anymore is unrealistic, and that's kind of a bummer because some of his older models would be incredibly fun to have (but not at or more than the current price of a putter). I remember 10 years ago, you could get the Studio Style, select, California for 100-150 in used, great condition. Now? No chance they are under 300 haha

I don't think there's any question about that (and I know our boy @BuckNasty has enjoyed them lmao).
Small buy in, okay chance at winning it, price elevates to crazy levels.

FB marketplace has done a lot of things for Scotty collecting, none of which have been particularly appealing to me. Getting a 'deal' anymore is unrealistic, and that's kind of a bummer because some of his older models would be incredibly fun to have (but not at or more than the current price of a putter). I remember 10 years ago, you could get the Studio Style, select, California for 100-150 in used, great condition. Now? No chance they are under 300 haha

I don't do a lot of the waffles on facebook, but I will say this, low buy say $25 for a chance at a $500 piece is kind of nice.
The other side to this is say you have an OTR putter, new its $379, on facebook no one will pay that, no one, they want it for say $300. But by doing a waffle on that putter, it can go for $400 at $25 a spot and people will pay. So the seller is out paypal fees say $15 and shipping fees say $15, now their at $370. That's a whole lot better than the $300 when your trying to fund something even small.

Are we looking at it through a clear lens, or a defensive one? If someone genuinely doesn't understand the Club Cameron concept, the responses make perfect sense. If they do and are playing dumb, well, I sort of agree.

But we are assuming at this point, aren't we? First question was 'what is it' and the response was 'welcome kit (not clear) and chance to buy more'
Second question was responded with saying you can make money by getting product and selling to others for way more (which is hardly a good presentation).

If you're a Scotty fan and the process works for you, I wouldn't take someone else's confusion or lack of interest in resale as an insult.... Unless they spend weeks in here blasting it at which point we'll drop the hammer haha
Fair enough. I read his responses as insulting those who participate rather than questioning what the membership was. Good challenge on you though, perhaps I was being overly defensive. This is all coming from me who has never done the Cameron membership...haha

I stand by my original point that people will spend whatever they can afford and "value" is unique to each of us. As long as they aren't bankrupting themselves or their family, I won't judge anyone spending $145 for Scotty accessories, $1000s on an collector baseball card, $10000s on a painting, or $500 on a share of GameStop stock :ROFLMAO:

Fair enough. I read his responses as insulting those who participate rather than questioning what the membership was. Good challenge on you though, perhaps I was being overly defensive. This is all coming from me who has never done the Cameron membership...haha

I stand by my original point that people will spend whatever they can afford and "value" is unique to each of us. As long as they aren't bankrupting themselves or their family, I won't judge anyone spending $145 for Scotty accessories, $1000s on an collector baseball card, $10000s on a painting, or $500 on a share of GameStop stock :ROFLMAO:
That sure is the truth... and if you look at my pics in the thread personally, I can relate :ROFLMAO:

, I won't judge anyone spending $145 for Scotty accessories,

I've joined Club Cameron four different times; that is 2009, 2011, 2016, and 2021. Each year the $110 to $145 cost of membership was somewhat offset by me selling an item or two from the kit. For example, if I sell a kit head cover for $60 that reduces my membership price by about half, and I get to keep the remaining kit items. Most beneficial to me is getting the opportunity to buy one or two of the monthly Cameron Studio Store Releases. I passed on this month's Hawaiian Open Hula Girl theme items, but might buy next month's Mardis Gras theme cover. It's fun to be part of the Cameron Club :)

Last edited:
Try living in AZ at the moment, especially Phoenix, plenty of house flippers around driving up the market. If the market can bear it whom am I to say its a bunch of BS that Californians are making a mass exodus, and people in need of housing are being priced out. Part of me gets it that people are in the club to profit, but they also paid to be in that club, and if the collector market is hot for those products, its going to be hot. I have some SC covers, I "paid" for them. But for me personally its more sentimental value, and something I wont get rid of.

I've heard speculation that Facebook "gaming auctions" have created especially high prices for Cameron putters.
It's not so much speculation, as this is the reality. Games pages tend to bring in higher prices by their nature, creating an inflated sense of value in the actual marketplace. But as I have said in the past, a putter that rakes in $6000 on a games page isn't actually worth $6000 - if sold outright it would probably go for $4500. Guys who are using games prices to try to sell stuff are not finding much luck. This is why you almost exclusively see newly released putters on the games boards.

I don't do a lot of the waffles on facebook, but I will say this, low buy say $25 for a chance at a $500 piece is kind of nice.
The other side to this is say you have an OTR putter, new its $379, on facebook no one will pay that, no one, they want it for say $300. But by doing a waffle on that putter, it can go for $400 at $25 a spot and people will pay. So the seller is out paypal fees say $15 and shipping fees say $15, now their at $370. That's a whole lot better than the $300 when your trying to fund something even small.
Waffles are like Kino, you buy in, and just walk away, in the back of your mind you're hoping you hit the lucky number. I have been apart of a few on non golf items, won some lost some, still fun if the item interests you.

I think we need to reel this in.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I love SC stuff and ill pay whatever I want for certain things.
This!!

Now let's get back to putters.

I'm watching a 2005 holiday circa 62 #1 on ebay.

I play the first of 500 version, but the holiday one is sick.

Back