Scotty Cameron putters

Planning on heading to check these out this week. Being from Louisville, with some mutual friends of JT (pre-Covid days he would line up like 30 shots at the bars and start handing them out to people when he came back home), I’ve always been enamored with the 5.5 with a neck similar to his even if not exact. Hoping it feels right and I walk out with one haha

I bought a SC Futura 7. It was the first mallet putter I ever purchased. I really like it but it didn't change my putting all that much. Square back or mallet doesn't seem to matter. I like them both. Putting is the best part of my game. By far.

In general this silly rule of collectors only applies to tour putters. It all started at TCC, by a few folks who shall remain nameless, that felt that the putter wasn't pure if it wasn't built entirely, and maintained by Scotty - completely ignoring the fact that of the hundred (or thousands) of tour putters SC makes every year, the man himself only actually touches a handful. And I sincerely doubt he regularly sets foot in the custom shop.
alright, long necks on everything!

Neighbor‘s son doing me a favor and just ordered me a 5.5 Futura. Not sure when arriving but stoked to try it.

Not sure if this matters to anyone but Carl's Golfland has a message on their Phantom X 5.5 order page saying they are all backordered until late April.

I ordered mine from Budget Golf but I'm not heard if it shipped other than being told it will ship directly from the manufacturer so I'm pretty much in the dark if mine is backordered or not.

Dang its been a couple years since I joined CC. It used to sell out a lot later in the year if it did.
yeah, Scotty collectors have gone to another level over the last year or two. It's crazy.

My greatest hits cover, that I bought for about 100 bucks a few years ago, now goes for 400+ in great condition. Bonkers.

yeah, Scotty collectors have gone to another level over the last year or two. It's crazy.

My greatest hits cover, that I bought for about 100 bucks a few years ago, now goes for 400+ in great condition. Bonkers.

Ha ha. I saw a discussion on the GH Cover the other day in a different forum and when they quoted a similar number my jaw hit the floor. It is my gamer.

Ha ha. I saw a discussion on the GH Cover the other day in a different forum and when they quoted a similar number my jaw hit the floor. It is my gamer.
I've got one in a shadow box that I used a couple years ago all year long. Half tempted to pull it out of there and get 300 bucks back hahaha

I think the FB games have really driven up the market. When the end user is only throwing a fraction of the total price at the item in the hopes of getting said item it just lends itself to crazy inflation.

These 5.5 are certainly popular putters. I was just given an update on my pre-order from Budget and was told April 28th is what they were told as an estimated ship date.

Well mine is arriving 4/21. Later then I would have wished for but it is what it is. Stoked to finally use it.

Just spent some time scrolling through a couple groups selling used Scotty stuff.
Holy hell, the market is gross right now. 600 dollars for a Circa that could be bought for about 125 a few years ago?

I think I'm at the "love what I have and screw everything else" stage of Scotty. This is insane.

Someone made an on offer for my circa on the course yesterday. I cordially declined. Its not for sale.

Which Circa? I have an old No. 3 that I still being out from time to time.

A little late to share but figured I’d post a picture of my golf galaxy find from the fall. Thing was only $220 and it honestly looked like it had been used for one season. Even has the original sticker!4899BC99-A26B-44CD-8486-311E6F00950A.jpegBC40BF65-55EC-4CFF-B031-55A93368AED8.jpeg

Just spent some time scrolling through a couple groups selling used Scotty stuff.
Holy hell, the market is gross right now. 600 dollars for a Circa that could be bought for about 125 a few years ago?

I think I'm at the "love what I have and screw everything else" stage of Scotty. This is insane.
Dude, I'm with you. I sold off a few things for a quick buck recently, and have zero intention of buying anything new until this calms down. It's bonkers.

Yeah, I think I'm officially done for a while. I will continue to love the few putters I still have, but the rest of it, I just want to tune out.

What finally did it (I've been walking this fine line for a while: )

There is a cover that is currently being gamed on fb. It was part of a big release many years ago. It is not any more rare than any other release - I believe there were 500 (maybe even 1000 made.) It sold for $86.00 when it was new. It was a monumental success and over the years, the prices went up and down, but in general, one could be had on the collector market for around $250-500 (depending on the time, and the condition of the cover)

This particular cover is being offered now at $1500. $150/spot in a 10 spot raffle. I want no part of this. Sure, a chance to get this cover for $150 is great, but whomever walks away with it will surely think this cover is now worth $1500. It is not.

What does that make the rare covers worth? Is the agave man now worth $10,000? What about the teddy bears? $50,000? Give me a break.

I'll stick to watches and guitars for now.

/rant

Dude, I'm with you. I sold off a few things for a quick buck recently, and have zero intention of buying anything new until this calms down. It's bonkers.
It’s all that stimulus money.

Just checking in and wanted to say I freaking love my phantom x 12. Can’t believe it but it fits.

It’s all that stimulus money.
I don't think so. The raffles style of selling things has inflated the market to a point that the joy of collecting is gone (for me anyway.) I like gambling, but I don't like gambling in hopes of finding that one missing piece to my collection that I have been chasing for years - and I don't want to pay 5x the items value because of it.

I think people like the idea of getting something for less than its value - even if there's only a 10% chance that will happen.

But then again, I hope you're right. Maybe when those $1400 checks wear off, all this will end. Unlikely though. .

Back