Scotty Cameron putters

Yeah, I think I'm officially done for a while. I will continue to love the few putters I still have, but the rest of it, I just want to tune out.

What finally did it (I've been walking this fine line for a while: )

There is a cover that is currently being gamed on fb. It was part of a big release many years ago. It is not any more rare than any other release - I believe there were 500 (maybe even 1000 made.) It sold for $86.00 when it was new. It was a monumental success and over the years, the prices went up and down, but in general, one could be had on the collector market for around $250-500 (depending on the time, and the condition of the cover)

This particular cover is being offered now at $1500. $150/spot in a 10 spot raffle. I want no part of this. Sure, a chance to get this cover for $150 is great, but whomever walks away with it will surely think this cover is now worth $1500. It is not.

What does that make the rare covers worth? Is the agave man now worth $10,000? What about the teddy bears? $50,000? Give me a break.

I'll stick to watches and guitars for now.

/rant
What cover is it?

I don't think so. The raffles style of selling things has inflated the market to a point that the joy of collecting is gone (for me anyway.) I like gambling, but I don't like gambling in hopes of finding that one missing piece to my collection that I have been chasing for years - and I don't want to pay 5x the items value because of it.

I think people like the idea of getting something for less than its value - even if there's only a 10% chance that will happen.

But then again, I hope you're right. Maybe when those $1400 checks wear off, all this will end. Unlikely though. .
Oh I’m not saying it’s not the raffles, thats a huge part. The big group out of San Diego? The name of it is what you’d call a crappy bar. I remember last year when vasko started his. There’s also this other swerve dump that literally takes a shat putter sends it in to sc customs for refurbishment and paint and then raffles it for like $1200 and I’m like who the hell are these idiots buying these spots? Fing morons...

I asked Budget to cancel my 5.5 pre-order after I found out it wasn't going to ship until the end of April. I actually found one in store at Golf Galaxy in the same stock specs and hit a few balls with it and I ended up not liking the feeling so decided I'd rather not spend the money on it. At least I think it is being canceled. They told me they could cancel it last Friday but I haven't heard back from them and I haven't received my refund yet.

Just picked up my 5.5 the other day. Going on the course for the first round with it today. Felt good at home and in some practice.. so we’ll see on the course.

Considering a Scotty Laguna to compliment my mallet gamer. Need to let the mallet know that there's a backup if she doesn't perform.

Can someone school me on insert (2018 version) vs no insert style? What is preferable in Scottys, never had one?

Considering a Scotty Laguna to compliment my mallet gamer. Need to let the mallet know that there's a backup if she doesn't perform.

Can someone school me on insert (2018 version) vs no insert style? What is preferable in Scottys, never had one?
I have a no insert laguna. I love it. Scotty has great one piece putters, and I'm not an insert fan.

I have a no insert laguna. I love it. Scotty has great one piece putters, and I'm not an insert fan.
@OneFootShort - Inserts are for chumps ;) . Go with a solid putter. You'll be happy.
Awesome! Thanks guys. I thought I remembered something about inserts not being very well liked but wanted to make sure. Now off to the waiting game of trying to find one.

Awesome! Thanks guys. I thought I remembered something about inserts not being very well liked but wanted to make sure. Now off to the waiting game of trying to find one.

do not go with a 2018 laguna, 2018 insert feel is the worst. I do have a concept X bc I love the head so much but wish the face was diff

what about a circa or a Monterey?

no need to wait, can find tons instantly on fbook

Are you looking for performance or just want to join the scotty club? Scotty club is great! They are sexy af and very popular. You will have it forever. If you are looking for performance, get fit, try everything!!! Odyssey, TM, Evnroll, Betty, seemore and on and on. Thats the fun part and will yield best results.

Yeah, I think I'm officially done for a while. I will continue to love the few putters I still have, but the rest of it, I just want to tune out.

What finally did it (I've been walking this fine line for a while: )

There is a cover that is currently being gamed on fb. It was part of a big release many years ago. It is not any more rare than any other release - I believe there were 500 (maybe even 1000 made.) It sold for $86.00 when it was new. It was a monumental success and over the years, the prices went up and down, but in general, one could be had on the collector market for around $250-500 (depending on the time, and the condition of the cover)

This particular cover is being offered now at $1500. $150/spot in a 10 spot raffle. I want no part of this. Sure, a chance to get this cover for $150 is great, but whomever walks away with it will surely think this cover is now worth $1500. It is not.

What does that make the rare covers worth? Is the agave man now worth $10,000? What about the teddy bears? $50,000? Give me a break.

I'll stick to watches and guitars for now.

/rant
facebook marketplace and games absolutely ruined the aftermarket experience.

facebook marketplace and games absolutely ruined the aftermarket experience.

how did Facebook marketplace do so lol... making something more readily available doesn't increase its inherit value. It's the underground groups who's valuations are solely being affected by games.

In the underground alcohol world, there are two clear separate valuations. No one BINS anything for close to game price.

Waiting for my Scotty Select Squareback 2 to get to the Pro shop and, frankly...…. the wait is killing me!

SO anxious to start working with it.... had hoped to get it in a couple of weeks ago, before things really ramp up for the season, but i guess I'll just have to wing it and hope that going from the blade to the mid-mallet is progress and not a step back! I have never changed up putters during the season, so we'll see how it goes.

how did Facebook marketplace do so lol... making something more readily available doesn't increase its inherit value. It's the underground groups who's valuations are solely being affected by games.

In the underground alcohol world, there are two clear separate valuations. No one BINS anything for close to game price.
I remember less than 10 years ago, used Scotty Studio selects would go for 125 dollars on forums like THP or TCC or even eBay.

Since the introduction of the groups on facebook and the games that are played, those same putters are more expensive used than they were at retail (which is nonsense).

picked up the 2021 phantom x5.5 2 weeks ago and its such a big upgrade over the pervious phantom models. I love the site line on top instead of the 3 dots. The feel off the face is notably better

My only complaint, which is subjective, is I still think the color way is hideous

Also stopped by the gallery store this weekend while in San Diego... disappointed it’s till not open to go in, only window shopping

but I walked away with this!!

FDED6BFD-9DA8-45C6-B6C2-8A13D348E7E1.jpeg287C7C6B-211A-4A6D-A2FE-3F466CC9BD48.jpeg5C8F2CB1-D0F8-40A2-8FF9-405FF4BEAF1B.jpeg

picked up the 2021 phantom x5.5 2 weeks ago and its such a big upgrade over the pervious phantom models. I love the site line on top instead of the 3 dots. The feel off the face is notably better

My only complaint, which is subjective, is I still think the color way is hideous

I think the new color way with the top milled is way more attractive than the previous ones

anyone get the x11.5 out on course yet????

Ive had alot of success with the 5.5 and love it. Went to the scotty gallery 2 weeks ago and picked up a MOTO 11.5 since I already had a 5.5 but starting to think I made a big mistake. Im putting a stability shaft in the 11.5 so havent gotten it on course yet but each time ive used the stock model at PGA or Golf Galaxy I find myself hating the putter lol. I can't make anything with it. Then pick up the 5.5 and its automatic for me

Are you looking for performance or just want to join the scotty club? Scotty club is great! They are sexy af and very popular. You will have it forever. If you are looking for performance, get fit, try everything!!! Odyssey, TM, Evnroll, Betty, seemore and on and on. Thats the fun part and will yield best results.
I think I'm looking for both. I love the idea of a scotty and have messed around with friends' putters before, just never owned one. I'm normally a one-putter guy, monogamous to my putter, if you will. I played a two-ball odyssey center-shaft for 10-15 years, don't recall. Gave it to my dad and upgraded to a Spider Mini, now I can't get my dad to give it back. Haven't really putted as well with it as I did the center-shaft. Wondering if that is something I should look back into.. Just want one to mess around with at the house, switch in and out of the bag when I'm not agreeing with the spider, etc. It wouldn't be a shelf queen by any means, I literally own one putter, so I'm not much of a collector.

anyone get the x11.5 out on course yet????

Ive had alot of success with the 5.5 and love it. Went to the scotty gallery 2 weeks ago and picked up a MOTO 11.5 since I already had a 5.5 but starting to think I made a big mistake. Im putting a stability shaft in the 11.5 so havent gotten it on course yet but each time ive used the stock model at PGA or Golf Galaxy I find myself hating the putter lol. I can't make anything with it. Then pick up the 5.5 and its automatic for me
After have the 5.5, every time I check out the 11.5 I can’t appreciate the look of the putter at address with low bend shaft. I know the jet neck adds weight but I feel the putter just looks and flows better with the jet neck vs the low bend.

After have the 5.5, every time I check out the 11.5 I can’t appreciate the look of the putter at address with low bend shaft. I know the jet neck adds weight but I feel the putter just looks and flows better with the jet neck vs the low bend.
Agreed, the "adds weight" screams ********. No issue with the slant neck in the H20. Screams, we can make it cheaper by not having to make a slightly different head for the 11 and 11.5.

Back