Scotty Cameron putters

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Tell me about it. With the crappy forecast we have coming up the wedges will get the pink treatment. I have a Scotty that will be sent to the custom shop in the future that I have some ideas for kicking around and pink is apart of those ideas!
Looking forward to seeing the final product on the wedges but definitely on the Scotty. Pink rocks

tinkergolfman

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It has to be over a decade since I last owned a Cameron but I picked one up today. GoLo 3 at 33" and added a Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0.

I've owned:

Napa (will NEVER forgive myself for selling it)
J.A.T.
Futura
Newport Teryllium
Santa Fe Teryllium

Looking good

jim54

must be the shafts
Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Scotty folks, I am looking to try some heavier weight for my X5 and looking on the bay there are many to choose from. So will the go lo weights fit the X5 or do I have to look for the X5 only? I realize these may be fakes but for an experiment it would be fine.

Galen Marek

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've only rolled her on the carpet but I'm really enjoying the look and feel of the putter. I'm also very pleased with the D-1 swing weight as well as it's hard to find 33" putters that heavy. My only complaint is that it didn't come with a tool or additional weights. Back in my day a Scotty Cameron came with a divot tool and a silicon cloth and I had to walk uphill in the snow to purchase it.

choppstixxx

AK Look-a-like
Reaction score
Handicap
15ish
Scotty folks, I am looking to try some heavier weight for my X5 and looking on the bay there are many to choose from. So will the go lo weights fit the X5 or do I have to look for the X5 only? I realize these may be fakes but for an experiment it would be fine.
I would buy a weight tool and see if you have the larger (blade model) thread base or the smaller (mallet). Then you can buy with confidence on eBay.

MSH134

Reaction score
Handicap
the newest edition

jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap

buckeyewalt

Reaction score
Handicap
032.jpg 033.jpg 034.jpg 035 (2).jpg

I bought this putter a year or so ago. Have used it a few times, but having issues with the "knuckle". Hopefully it will be worked out.

Can't seem to upload pictures properly......

kc720

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2manyclubs

buckeyewalt

Reaction score
Handicap
What's wrong with it?
The knuckle is not set correctly when I first got it, sent it back to SC under warranty, they claim to reset it, but I still feel it's not set correctly. If you look at picture 32, the knuckle has to be 100% parallel to the dots or the tape I put on. if it's off just a fraction, the stroke will not be straight. I like the putter, just have a hard time aligning the putter.

kc720

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2manyclubs
The knuckle is not set correctly when I first got it, sent it back to SC under warranty, they claim to reset it, but I still feel it's not set correctly. If you look at picture 32, the knuckle has to be 100% parallel to the dots or the tape I put on. if it's off just a fraction, the stroke will not be straight. I like the putter, just have a hard time aligning the putter.
Hmm I'm not seeing the issue... perhaps you prefer a half shaft offset on a single bend

Big SoIL

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ugh, sitting in a hotel room in Indianapolis, 5 hours from home, and I check the tracking on my X5R. Originally it said Monday delivery, it's sitting on my porch and I won't be home until tomorrow night. I'll be calling someone to at least stop by and put her in the house first thing in the morning.

Canadan

You Are Great
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I'm addicted to the idea of getting a grinder cover right now. Tops on the list are the following:

There's something about that smirky face that just works for me hahaha

lambro2

Reaction score
Handicap
That black one is sweet!

kc720

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2manyclubs
I have these two covers on the way.

buckeyewalt

Reaction score
Handicap
Hmm I'm not seeing the issue... perhaps you prefer a half shaft offset on a single bend
All of my putters have the full shaft offset, which is my preference. The knuckle is a moveable piece, in other words there are 3 pieces that go into the putter. Unlike a single shaft, I have a shaft, knuckle and a SS tube. If the knuckle is cocked one or another the slightest, a square face toward the hole is almost impossible.

kc720

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2manyclubs
All of my putters have the full shaft offset, which is my preference. The knuckle is a moveable piece, in other words there are 3 pieces that go into the putter. Unlike a single shaft, I have a shaft, knuckle and a SS tube. If the knuckle is cocked one or another the slightest, a square face toward the hole is almost impossible.
I have a few knuckleheads myself. What I meant is that your putter looks straight as far as I can see in the pics

buckeyewalt

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a few knuckleheads myself. What I meant is that your putter looks straight as far as I can see in the pics
It looks straight, but the top part is slightly cocked downward. The putter face has a distinct pull that I can only attribute to the knuckle. I'll probably send it back to SC and have them look at it again. Never had issues with putter...never, until this one. Maybe it was not meant to be.
Thanks for trying to help!!!

Pringles

waywardpoints
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm addicted to the idea of getting a grinder cover right now. Tops on the list are the following:

Man that second cover all murdered out is a beauty.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

kc720

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2manyclubs
It looks straight, but the top part is slightly cocked downward. The putter face has a distinct pull that I can only attribute to the knuckle. I'll probably send it back to SC and have them look at it again. Never had issues with putter...never, until this one. Maybe it was not meant to be.
Thanks for trying to help!!!
Hope you get it worked out. Love the knucklehead on mallets

musicmaster6921

hacking away everyday.
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 21.4
It has to be over a decade since I last owned a Cameron but I picked one up today. GoLo 3 at 33" and added a Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0.

I've owned:

Napa (will NEVER forgive myself for selling it)
J.A.T.
Futura
Newport Teryllium
Santa Fe Teryllium

Man that Golo looks sweet. Been pondering one for awhile. Just beautiful.

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap

Love that 2nd one

MSH134

Reaction score
Handicap
As far as I know all the weights are the same but not positive

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Why do all these putter guys love kool aid?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MSH134

Reaction score
Handicap
does that have 40 gram weights in it?
10 gram wrights for now but going to replace as soon as I get the new tool I ordered

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in