Scotty Cameron putters

Bamagolfer1

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm considering what would be a huge investment for me in buying a Scotty Cameron putter. Are they truly the cream of the crop when it comes to putters? I was hoping some of you would share your thoughts with me about this. Thanks in advance!

They're not in my opinion. But everybody has different opinions.

"cream of the crop"? I am not sure... They are well crafted putters, but it is all about what suits your style and stroke. Buying a Scotty will not make you a better putter, but if it is the best putter for you then I say go for it. Many companies make milled putters with good craftsmanship and Scotty is for sure one of those.

The only way to find out if it works for you is to roll as many as you can and pick the one that sets up best for you!

Good luck man

Cream of the crop? No. But that would mean there is a cream of the crop. Titleist/Scotty Cameron makes a quality putter without question. So do many other of the premium putter companies out there.

Personally, when it comes to full milled putters, I am a fan of SeeMore. Cost is close to the same, and I like the RST technology, but that is a personal opinion. Others like the Scotty putters as much or more.

To be the "best" there would need to be a noticeable difference in manufacturing or materials and I am not sure that can be said.

I'm considering what would be a huge investment for me in buying a Scotty Cameron putter. Are they truly the cream of the crop when it comes to putters? I was hoping some of you would share your thoughts with me about this. Thanks in advance!

Putting is all about confidence. If a SC gives you the confidence you will make more putts, than you'd be silly not to play one.

Does Scotty still use a third party to do his milling?

I wouldn't say they are better than any other brand for everyone. The best putter I've ever rolled was a Scotty, but that's me, not you.

If you're on a budget and want a quality putter check out the Cleveland Classic putter line. I loved mine, great feel, I just do better with a mallet. I also really like the Nike Method Core series with the milled insert.

Depends on personal preference. I personally loveeeeeee Scotty putters. I've been through quite a few high end brands and for me Scotty is my preference. Are they worth it? All depends on you, to me they are worth every penny and I putt better with them than odyssey, seemore, Nike methods etc.

Taptaptaparoo

A solid putter making company, there's no doubt about it, but it's entirely each to their own.

I've rolled somewhere in the realm of 6-10 Scotty Camerons in an attempt to find the perfect one and none worked well for me. Standard milling, deep milling, I just couldn't find the right match. Switched to SeeMore last year and I probably won't ever look back, because I found a great headshape for me, with unbelievably personal customer service.

In the end, if you can find a Scotty that fits your stroke, buy it, but definitely find somewhere to roll them first.

It is such a personal preference when it comes to putters. I absolutely love Scotty Cameron's, but alot of people dont. However, it is a personal feel and confidence thing when it comes to picking the right putter.

I like them...Cream of the crop? Lots of great putters out there. Sliceapotomus nailed it...

Cream of the crop? Nah, I don't think so. I have a Scotty right now and while i like the feel of it I'm so hot and cold putting with it I just have a lack of confidence in it. No one here will argue they make a quality putter, but putters are such an individual item that you need to try several to see what you like.

Cream of the crop? Nah, I don't think so. I have a Scotty right now and while i like the feel of it I'm so hot and cold putting with it I just have a lack of confidence in it. No one here will argue they make a quality putter, but putters are such an individual item that you need to try several to see what you like.

lol@ at your WITB. I love it.

i've had a few different scotty putters. didn't like any of them much. love the Ping Grayhawk i have now.

I have owned SeeMores and now own a Scotty. SeeMore's customer service is probably the best in the golf industry. I wasnt a big fan of the DB4 or the FGP but its such a personal thing. I am currently using a Scotty GoLo S and really like it. I dont know if it is just the switch back to a mallet that I am enjoying or what but I am putting very well at the moment. Go roll a bunch of stuff and see what you are most confident with. The "cream of the crop" to one person is completely different to another. Also dont let price tag automatically make you think its the best.

I have owned SeeMores and now own a Scotty. SeeMore's customer service is probably the best in the golf industry. I wasnt a big fan of the DB4 or the FGP but its such a personal thing. I am currently using a Scotty GoLo S and really like it. I dont know if it is just the switch back to a mallet that I am enjoying or what but I am putting very well at the moment. Go roll a bunch of stuff and see what you are most confident with. The "cream of the crop" to one person is completely different to another. Also dont let price tag automatically make you think its the best.
The GoLo is one of my favorite putters, I have lusted over that one for quite a while now.

The GoLo is one of my favorite putters, I have lusted over that one for quite a while now.

Just bought one after a couple dozen hours in stores trying ... everything. The GoLo S5 always impressed and in the end was the one. Cleveland and Betti are out of the bag and the GoLo is in. Now I just have to work on getting on the green in the first place. :)

They pop up at fairly reasonable cost on eBay, new ones too. I was all set to do that until a salesman spent some time with me in GG and made a couple of suggestions...5 30 ft putts in a row later, I thought I owed him the sale.

I'll never understand the Scotty hate from some. Don't think they're worth the money, just don't buy one.

If you want "cream of the crop" Get a Japanese putter, but if you want a good all around putter. Get the Scotty.

Back