Scotty Cameron Special Select Putters

Got these in at work the other day, I work at Golf Galaxy, and today the Titleist guy came in. They are good looking for sure but just seem boring like most scotty's. The milling does look really good though.

Now the SM8's.....drool

I think these are the nicest Scotty release in recent memory (since 2014 at least), but a few head scratching elements here.
The font on the face is disgraceful. Wow. I also really dislike that "milled in USA" placement on the back.

The cavities look like they took some inspiration from the OG Buttonbacks, and the floating dots really remind me of a few custom Byrons I've seen. Single piece milled though is the main thing and it's about time. The inserts have been awful IMO.

Not really blown away by these.

As a Scotty fan, I am not sure what to think. Sounds weird but I can’t decide if I love/hate them. Will definitely need to see them in person.

Always loved the Newport design.... Cameron always on point to sharp looking gear!

I prefer these to the releases of late, and welcome the return to an all-milled design. I really like the button back design and can tolerate the Cameron font on the face but I don’t care for the Made in USA placement. Maybe that could have gone on the sole?

Purdy putters there.

I don't know how to feel about this one.

Mostly everything looks fantastic.

The face text and cavity text makes it look like a knockoff.

That Squareback ?...
Yes it is. I need a Squareback in my life and I do not prefer inserts in my putters.

I really think they look like an “oh ok let’s release a solid version again, it’ll sell, graphics don’t matter that much”.

Minority opinion I know.

And again the Milled in USA placement is dumb, imo.

I really think they look like an “oh ok let’s release a solid version again, it’ll sell, graphics don’t matter that much”.

Minority opinion I know.

And again the Milled in USA placement is dumb, imo.
I'm not sure you're in the minority with that opinion. The graphics dept. across the company has been absolutely terrible in the last 12-18 months. I have a suspicion that they no longer have a graphic designer, and have passed the duties on to some low level employee who knows how to open Corel Draw.

I'm not sure you're in the minority with that opinion. The graphics dept. across the company has been absolutely terrible in the last 12-18 months. I have a suspicion that they no longer have a graphic designer, and have passed the duties on to some low level employee who knows how to open Corel Draw.
The Corel Draw just made me snort.

What kills me is this is the line that should just be simple, clean, and elegant. You don’t need crazy engraving locations, ya know?

These look great i will own one

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Have one in my cart and am heading to the superstore today when they open to see in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first Scotty in a while that looks like a 'Scotty" imo. It just screams classic design and I really like this on the back.
View attachment 8923294
Koepka's buttonback has been getting a lot of airtime, gotta capitalize on the publicity.

Just placed my order for a 1/500 Fastback 1.5.

Fairly certain the shaft will be a .390 like the Global Limited is due to the same neck configuration but I'll wait to have it in hand to measure and then I'll order up another Stability Tour shaft for this one. (y)

Just left the superstore had to order mine with different weights and grip and at 34 1/2 inches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are clean, and the back end looks timeless

766d8292a1f9d98d8dfdc033187c67d6.jpg
4f8ee07a1aad8ddad5bb7315999347fc.jpg
e5036d7b3260c49809004657333d328b.jpg

I can’t begin to tell you how good the face feels on this Putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

766d8292a1f9d98d8dfdc033187c67d6.jpg
4f8ee07a1aad8ddad5bb7315999347fc.jpg
e5036d7b3260c49809004657333d328b.jpg

I can’t begin to tell you how good the face feels on this Putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great looking putter. Congrats.

Back