Scotty Cameron Special Select Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
You are the info man, sir. Thanks for posting. (y)

I really like the look of these putters.

Never been a huge fan of Scotty Cameron, but the putters always seem very classy to me. The 3 Dots in the cavity of the putter with the Red Ring around them just looks really nice to my eye.

The Price Point isn't awful either at $400.

Wow. I really like the look of that finish. So many putters, so little time.

These look super clean.

Seems like they wanted them to look like the buttonbacks. I'm digging them

I want to make a joke about these being special, like what a weird name.

Anyways, they look great, super clean.

That milled in the USA placement is terrible imo.

Other than that, they look nice.

I just got the email on these. Look good. I am not a scotty guy so I most likely will not get one but they look good.

Yep, that looks like a Scotty Cameron. It's the nicest looking (non special edition) release they have had in quite awhile but it's not super exciting. I love that they got rid of the insert though and that button back look is a great improvement.

dagnabit those look good.

@Molten using fancy words like ubiquity haha

These look good as they always do but also meh at the same time. I do like the return of the tri sole though

I was just reading the promotional email from Titleist on this release. It’s interesting that with all of the inserts that we see, Cameron is going back to a milled face. Looks classy, though.

I think I'm going to acquire a mid-mallet and play around with it. I like these more than most Scotty putters in recent memory.

Another great writeup, @Molten!

I'm happy they went back to a single material head although I think there would have been merit to keep the mid-mallets a two piece construction. Would still prefer to see a Cameron line go back to the tight milling of old, even as near back as the Select series.

The Scotty Cameron on the face looks awful in my opinion. I look at that and all I can think about is 20 years of bad replicas from eBay haha. Stretched out and weird, not my thing at all.

Also, the intentional sole offset with blank spot on the one side? Feels sloppy to me.

I'm happy they went back to a single material head although I think there would have been merit to keep the mid-mallets a two piece construction. Would still prefer to see a Cameron line go back to the tight milling of old, even as near back as the Select series.

The Scotty Cameron on the face looks awful in my opinion. I look at that and all I can think about is 20 years of bad replicas from eBay haha. Stretched out and weird, not my thing at all.

Also, the intentional sole offset with blank spot on the one side? Feels sloppy to me.
I don't like the face milling either it looks too big. I also don't like the cameron on the back of the neck.

Such a clean and classic look, always been a fan of the shapes and styles SC puts out there. No wonder they are under lock and key at our GG store, everyone would be giving them a try. Out of my price range at the moment though, but those that enjoy a premium putter won't be disappointed here.

That Scotty Cameron on the face is just massive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clean and classy. (y)

Even though I like these, they still won't get the ball in the hole any better than the other 5 Scotty Cameron putters I have. But hey, the Newport 2 will still be in my bag this spring! :unsure:

Back