Scotty Cameron Special Select Putters

Haven’t paid any attention to this release but saw these today at the local GG. Really like the squareback 2 model. Ponder engaged...

Hard ponder on this one. Word on the street is they are flying off the shelves

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I just rolled the new Special Select line today. The 1st thing I noticed is Scotty copied the shoulders of SWAG putters. The shoulders are convex instead of concave or linear, but I still bought the Flowback 5.0.

Hard ponder on this one. Word on the street is they are flying off the shelves

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I was at the superstore on Friday and the was a guy waiting at the door at 9:30 am waiting for them to open and he walked out 10 minutes later with 3 of them all different models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at the superstore on Friday and the was a guy waiting at the door at 9:30 am waiting for them to open and he walked out 10 minutes later with 3 of them all different models

Wow...never putted with three putters at one time LOL j/k Being a newport select 2 guy, I would have to see how these new Scotty's feel. With golf and new equipment money can sprout wings!

Wow...never putted with three putters at one time LOL j/k Being a newport select 2 guy, I would have to see how these new Scotty's feel. With golf and new equipment money can sprout wings!

I ordered a Newport model and the feel is awesome like they used to feel before all the insert crap came out. I really didn’t need a new Scotty as I love my swag but as Rambler always says choices man choices lol

were they 400+ at the superstore?

I ordered a Newport model and the feel is awesome like they used to feel before all the insert crap came out. I really didn’t need a new Scotty as I love my swag but as Rambler always says choices man choices lol

Is the feel as good as your SWAG or better? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is the feel as good as your SWAG or better? Just curious

The feel of the new Scotty is incredible to compare it to the swag is hard I really can’t tell the difference as far as feel goes but I ordered a Newport model as all I have ever owned in the Cameron line have been Newport’s except for a dalliance with a X5r. And my swag is a handsome too model and I feel the swag feels a little lighter but it might not be at all it’s all just feel to me. As a man that has spent his whole life making a living with his hands I think it makes me feel things that most people dont feel. When I was demoing the new Cameron’s I told the fitter that the Newport 2 felt lighter he said now way they are designed and weighted to be the same he weighed them out and the Newport 2 was 2 grams lighter no idea how I felt it but I did

The feel of the new Scotty is incredible to compare it to the swag is hard I really can’t tell the difference as far as feel goes but I ordered a Newport model as all I have ever owned in the Cameron line have been Newport’s except for a dalliance with a X5r. And my swag is a handsome too model and I feel the swag feels a little lighter but it might not be at all it’s all just feel to me. As a man that has spent his whole life making a living with his hands I think it makes me feel things that most people dont feel. When I was demoing the new Cameron’s I told the fitter that the Newport 2 felt lighter he said now way they are designed and weighted to be the same he weighed them out and the Newport 2 was 2 grams lighter no idea how I felt it but I did

In your case feel is real! I think most can tell a weight change in putters, but 2 grams WOW that is not much. :cool:

Gorgeous putters, but I doubt they help me with my stroke. There are days I could putt just as good with a rake as I would with one of these bad boys.

I greatly appreciate your feedback! The head weight of the Newport 2 without weights is 280g, the swingweight of the 35” with 2x30g weights is D8. My 35” Concept X CX-01 was E3 which is a bit on the heavy side for me for what it’s worth.

Saw them in person at my club's shop on Friday, and then swung by Roger Dunn's superstore today to actually putt with them. Went in wanting to demo the Fastback, Squareback, and Flowback 5.5, so those are the only ones I actually putted with.

They all felt great and put a good roll on the ball. In typical Scotty fashion, the fit and finish are first class.

In the interest of full disclosure, I typically use a 34" or 34.5" putter. For the demo clubs on the floor, they had the Squareback in 33, Fastback in 34, and Flowback in 35. I made the most putts with the Fastback. It's a shape that I generally do like, and it's a length I like, so that's not terribly surprising. I made the fewest putts with the Flowback. Again, not terribly surprising. 35" is a little long for me, and I can struggle with larger putter heads. It's a mental thing; I feel like I'm going to hammer the ball, so I decelerate a little coming into it. With smaller heads, I put more of an 'aggressive' pop stroke on the ball, which works better.

I do want to try the Flowback again in a 34, as well as the Squareback in a 34. As I said, I like the general shape of the Fastback, but this particular putter's looks doesn't do it for me, as much. I currently have a Taylormade TP Mullen in the bag, and I actually like the shape of that more than the Fastback. But if I were to drain putts from all over the place the next time I demo it too, then who knows....

Gut feeling is that a 34" Squareback will work better for me than the 33" did (and the 33 wasn't bad at all), and it may end up being added to the collection.

Just got the email my custom Scotty has been shipped !!!!!!!

Rolled the Newport last night. Big fan of it and happy Scotty seems to have come back to his senses.
It's too bad there are no stock alignment aid options though.

I imagine one of these will make it in my bag before this season is out, if not sooner. I game a newport 2 now and really like it. I bet the Select is sweet.

Picked mine up last night and have been rolling it on the birdie ball. I believe Scotty has done a great job going back to no insert putters and am glad to have one but there is definitely going to be a battle with my Swag Handsome Too

as someone who's never been a fan of Scotty's, I was impressed with the new line. I've always found Cameron putters to be very firm off the face and to me its not a great feel. These putters felt noticeably softer off the face

I felt like the head had a heavier feel on the Newport 2 and 2.5 and liked both putters a lot. I could definitely see myself gaming one of these

I am going to go on a hunt for a Delmar to roll.

I am going to go on a hunt for a Delmar to roll.

You will love the feel I love mine was in the dome for 2 hours just putting with a few guys in some little contests 2 guys left for the superstore when we were done to find one of there own

I stopped into the local shop to see if they had one, they did not have the Delmar but had the 1.5 fastback. Rolled a few with that one and it felt good but too similar in toe hang to the Atlanta I have.

I will have to make a trip to the big city to get one in hand I believe.

766d8292a1f9d98d8dfdc033187c67d6.jpg
4f8ee07a1aad8ddad5bb7315999347fc.jpg
e5036d7b3260c49809004657333d328b.jpg

I can’t begin to tell you how good the face feels on this Putter.

I really like how clean that looks

It was kind of funny, the young guy working there tells me when I asked for the Delmar that they don't make it anymore that is a old model. I pulled it up on the phone and he then said "oh we sold that one" ha, ha these young folks are a hoot..

Back