Scotty Super Rats

Son of a ***** that's awesome! A flowneck and site dot, perfection!

Hey, we may be twins. Those are two of the things I love about this putter. I seem to putt better with flow or slant necks, rather than plumbers with a full offset. I also love the top site dot.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
I am not going to say much more. I would not want to incriminate anybody. Theoretically speaking, if a purchase were made, these might be conceptual renderings.

What he said. :quiet:

twotone1.jpg

twotone2.jpg

towtone5.jpgtwotone6.jpg

It arrived today. I feel like it is elegant in its simplicity. I have rolled it on my Puttout Matt. I like that it definitely provides good feedback. It seems to be putting a tight roll on the ball. It does not feel as soft as my Toulons, but it has a soft, dense feel, with an ever so slight click, if that even makes sense. I am excited to see if I can make any putts with it out on a real green.

9E42F657-16E7-4CF3-9189-807781B2C543.jpeg863C7B00-BCB8-4B64-B690-E241D7120B2A.jpeg7853E1A4-F307-4FA5-A2A3-950F92428A1A.jpeg

It arrived today. I feel like it is elegant in its simplicity. I have rolled it on my Puttout Matt. I like that it definitely provides good feedback. It seems to be putting a tight roll on the ball. It does not feel as soft as my Toulons, but it has a soft, dense feel, with an ever so slight click, if that even makes sense. I am excited to see if I can make any putts with it out on a real green.

View attachment 8939183View attachment 8939184View attachment 8939185
You will ;)

Yup, that is awesome. Great pick up!

I spent about an hour on the Puttout matt. I am getting a feel for this putter. I don’t think I was truly hitting it on the sweet spot earlier. It feels super soft for a putter that has a GSS insert, rather than a man-made material for the insert. I am really excited to play a round with it.

I spent about an hour on the Puttout matt. I am getting a feel for this putter. I don’t think I was truly hitting it on the sweet spot earlier. It feels super soft for a putter that has a GSS insert, rather than a man-made material for the insert. I am really excited to play a round with it.
Congrats my friend!! I can't wait til you get it out onto a real green to get that feedback you're looking for.

How's it framing the ball? Loving it?

Congrats my friend!! I can't wait til you get it out onto a real green to get that feedback you're looking for.

How's it framing the ball? Loving it?

Thanks, @Canadan. I really like how it frames the ball. The black color is perfect. In terms of loving it? When you make a good stroke on it, the feeling is so satisfying. Last night, I went through four or five other putters on the putting mat, and this putter feels better when you make a good strike. It may be in my head to justify the purchase, but I don’t think so. I would certainly analogize it to playing a high end blade v. another club. The strike on the ball feels like perfection.

With all of the practice facilities closed, it took a while to get this out on the practice green to see if I could lag with it. At first, I was fearful I could not. However, it has come alive for me. In my last round, I had 30 putts and 1 putted 5 times on the back 9. I am super excited about it.

I just came here to drool... some beautiful pieces you folks are rolling with!!

Maybe one day...

But I agree with @Space Bandito, if I ever get another Scotty, I want it to be a tri-sole.

I just came here to drool... some beautiful pieces you folks are rolling with!!

Maybe one day...

But I agree with @Space Bandito, if I ever get another Scotty, I want it to be a tri-sole.
Tri sole is cool, but Super Rats? Pure happiness.

Thanks, @Canadan. I really like how it frames the ball. The black color is perfect. In terms of loving it? When you make a good stroke on it, the feeling is so satisfying. Last night, I went through four or five other putters on the putting mat, and this putter feels better when you make a good strike. It may be in my head to justify the purchase, but I don’t think so. I would certainly analogize it to playing a high end blade v. another club. The strike on the ball feels like perfection.
I am really interested to see how the finish wears for you. I find myself wiping the face of my putter down endlessly with my thumb, and wonder what that would do to black finish.

I do not have the ability to articulate it, but there is something about the head, the balance, how it wants to release through the ball. Maybe it is the milling with the GSS insert. I do not know, but I agree, “pure happiness.” I have no buyer remorse, even though it was a lot of dough.

I do not have the ability to articulate it, but there is something about the head, the balance, how it wants to release through the ball. Maybe it is the milling with the GSS insert. I do not know, but I agree, “pure happiness.” I have no buyer remorse, even though it was a lot of dough.
I love that!!! And SAME.

I joke about it regularly, I may as well just stamp my damn name on the thing and get it over with -- I'm never getting rid of it. Too many great rounds and memories with it.

I am really interested to see how the finish wears for you. I find myself wiping the face of my putter down endlessly with my thumb, and wonder what that would do to black finish.

I wipe this one with my towel every time I leave the green. I will keep you apprised.

I really like the idea of a GSS insert... but there’s something about the Tri sole that I’m drawn to.

I really like the idea of a GSS insert... but there’s something about the Tri sole that I’m drawn to.
They are pretty sweet, absolutely. I really like to let the putter sit naturally and flat to the ground, which is kind of a mind**** with the tri-sole shaping.

They are pretty sweet, absolutely. I really like to let the putter sit naturally and flat to the ground, which is kind of a mind**** with the tri-sole shaping.
Yes! That’s exactly what I like about it. So I know that I’m approaching the ball square.

This is becoming magical for me. I had 15 putts for 9 holes this evening, six 2 putts and three 1 putts. Only one of the three 1 putts was a gimme. The others were over twenty feet. I also had a couple of second putts that were around ten feet. I don’t know if it is because the putter was so expensive that my mind has tricked itself into thinking it must be good or I will have wasted a bunch of cash or if this just works for me, but I am as confident with a putter in my hands as I have ever been.

Back