Cfrick13

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m torn between a Scotty pro platinum and a Taylormade spider. Rolled them both good, one has to go, I just don’t know which one. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are quite the opposite so it's really dealers choice. I'd go blade if they both produce the same results.

I'm a mallet guy so I would go with the Spider! In other words, its up to you!! Which are you more comfortable with? Good luck with your choice!!!

Put them both up for sale, let the market decide which one is left over. It would be like "Putter Thunderdome".

Scotty fan here, just great putters.

I'm debating Scotty vs the rest. I love the way the Newport line feels but also like the Ping Vault 2.0. They both feel firmer than the other putters I tried.

Those are pretty different styles, I'd just go with whichever one I feel more comfortable looking down at.

I've never putted better than I have with my Spider, and I've tried Scotties. I'm sold.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Been a blade putter for 40 years but the Scotty is in the garage with a couple of older Pings while the Spider X is in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have played Mallets for the past 15 years. Had a putter fitting with a SAM and all of the fun stuff and was told that blade would better suit my stroke. Switched and haven't looked back Scotty Studio Select Squareback 1.5. Never thought putter fitting mattered. Had a friend get fit was put into a spider. I don't change clubs much but this was an eye opener.

spider for performance, scotty for aesthetics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spider

Back