Looked what showed up today.
IMG_20230210_141408.jpg

I'm not at all surprised to see so many positive impressions of these balls. After seeing so much negativity about DTC brands on the forum, I knew if people gave them a chance, they'd like them. It's Seed here, but it could just add easily have been Vice, Cut, Snell, etc. They are all high quality balls at bargain prices. Fact--you don't have to spend $4 a ball to get great golf balls--certainly any of these are all the golf ball most amateurs need.

I'm not at all surprised to see so many positive impressions of these balls. After seeing so much negativity about DTC brands on the forum, I knew if people gave them a chance, they'd like them. It's Seed here, but it could just add easily have been Vice, Cut, Snell, etc. They are all high quality balls at bargain prices. Fact--you don't have to spend $4 a ball to get great golf balls--certainly any of these are all the golf ball most amateurs need.
Not all things are the same.
Some DTC companies design and test, others do not.
We have done many a story on them all and can say without a shadow of a doubt that Seed designs their own ball and tests. We can also say for fact that not all of what you listed above does that.

Not all things are the same.
Some DTC companies design and test, others do not.
We have done many a story on them all and can say without a shadow of a doubt that Seed designs their own ball and tests. We can also say for fact that not all of what you listed above does that.
As with all things golf, I judge equipment based on my own side by side testing with other brands. I've used all of the ones I've mentioned and had no issues with any of them. To be honest, I don't even care if they design and test for themselves. The performance I get with my own clubs and swing are all that matter. I'm just glad to see some eyes (and formerly closed minds) are being opened to the performance and savings available through DTC.

As with all things golf, I judge equipment based on my own side by side testing with other brands. I've used all of the ones I've mentioned and had no issues with any of them. To be honest, I don't even care if they design and test for themselves. The performance I get with my own clubs and swing are all that matter. I'm just glad to see some eyes (and formerly closed minds) are being opened to the performance and savings available through DTC.
That’s not really the point. The point is with most of the DTC you listed, you have no clue what you’re buying. And neither do they

Last edited:
That’s not really the point. The point is with most of the DTC you listed, you have no clue what you’re buying. And neither do that
No, the point is ALWAYS how it performs for me. Period. End of concerns. Why would I care if Snell is designing and testing or if it's Foremost? All that matters is what it does off my clubs with my swing.

No, the point is ALWAYS how it performs for me. Period. End of concerns. Why would I care if Snell is designing and testing or if it's Foremost? All that matters is what it does off my clubs with my swing.
So with a product that is consistent, you expect the performance to be consistent?

So with a product that is consistent, you expect the performance to be consistent?
I have had no issues with consistency. Again, all I care about is the performance I get. I play vice, and since I started using them, I've gone from a 10 to a 4. I've been playing Cut Red since the beginning of the year, a ball I'm not even very fond of, too clicky for my taste. I had a few sleeves so I'm playing them. And yet I have 3 even par rounds and a -3 in that time. I have no idea what your handicap is, but I can't ask for better performance than that. I'll go back to vice when it gets warm, and I'm sure I'll still love the feel and performance. If I found out it was designed and tested by Foremost, it wouldn't affect my opinion in the least. Foremost is in the business of making balls for multiple manufacturers, as well as their own. Turning out inferior, inconsistent product would hurt them just as it would if the "big names" did that. For that reason, I trust that they are delivering the balls that were agreed upon between them and the DTC brands. I don't give a sh*t if they or the brand designed them

I can say for fact, that at least one of the brands mentioned is nothing more than a logo golf ball right now.

Relating that back to Seed where they have an engineer and design a product and will sol. be on their third generation of said product.

If someone doesn’t care? great. This website was founded on the idea of bringing golfers and the industry closer together than ever before possible. That isn’t going to change and we will continue to share the real stories about equipment.

I can say for fact, that at least one of the brands mentioned is nothing more than a logo golf ball right now.

Relating that back to Seed where they have an engineer and design a product and will sol. be on their third generation of said product.

If someone doesn’t care? great. This website was founded on the idea of bringing golfers and the industry closer together than ever before possible. That isn’t going to change and we will continue to share the real stories about equipment.
And I wasn't trying to be insulting or argumentative. I meant it when I said that I'm just glad people are having their eyes opened to DTC brands and the fact that you don't have to spend $4 per ball to get a quality product.

Just got an email that Seed has bundles for tjose curious about the range and I wanted to bump the thread.

I wanted to bump this thread. I bought 5 boxes of Seed SD-X1's last year, and then also subjected them to a long trackman-based testing session in the winter. They performed pretty well in the trackman session, but i came away a bit more impressed by the TaylorMade TP5 and Vice Pro. That being said the Seed balls were definitely no slouch

Anyway, since the "real" season has started, i've played quite a few rounds outside now, and gave every ball another chance. My feelings on the Seed are still mostly true--it's a bit firmer feeling than some of the other balls (like the Vice or ProV). But i have really become a bigger fan

It's a really good "tweener" ball in a sense---on chips it launches higher than some of the spinnier balls like ProV or Chrome soft. I have a bit more confidence in the trajectory, even while it likely spins a bit less than those balls. And while on a trackman the Vice Pro might outperform it by a tad--the acoustics outside are better for the Seed, you "hear" it a bit better with it's clickiness. I love hitting the Seed balls with irons---It's a higher trajectory than many of the comparable balls and gives good feedback.

it was never the "best" at anything---but i liked it in every aspect enough that i made it my 2023 tournament ball. Ahead of the Vice and Tp5 that outperformed it on the trackman. And so far so good!!!! I did really well in my first 2 round event.....Didn't even lose either of these babies

PXL_20230605_222110347.jpg

Definitely like to see the feedback in here. Seeing the have a deal where you get 4/$99 on the SD-02 or SD-05 makes me think I might check them out next time I need to stock up.

Just reloaded for the late summer fall push. 5 dozen just ordered. SD-X1 has been out of stock for a while so I went with the SD-01 this time around. Excited to see the slight differences between the two.

After playing the SD-01 I have noticed very minimal difference from the X1 on the launch monitor and on the course. Still enjoying what I consider an affordable golf ball that performs very similarly to Pro V1's. They also seem to be getting some love on YouTube here recently as well. This doesn't surprise me at all though.

Back