• No

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Easy poll. Who is planning to see an instructor in 2020 and who is sticking with self-taught to start the decade.

I go about once a quarter now that I found a good one that knows my game. Always something to work on.

I’ve got a few lessons left in the package I bought for the Grandaddy. I’m going to use them up this year.

I'm planning to get a package of lessons in the run up to the Morgan Cup. Mostly working on short game I think, but need to sharpen up to a razor's edge!

Not a yes or no for me. I am fence sitting as to whether to go see one or not. I guess the term is I am thinking about getting a few lessons this year. At my age, not sure how much it will help. I know, no matter how old you are it helps.

Yes. First one of the year is next week. I do not have any way of improving if I don’t

Yes, the cause of my faults are never what I self diagnose them as. Even just a couple of hours will be a massive help.

My Christmas present from my wife was a 3 lesson pack so weather permitting and winter rust shaken off I’ll start every 3 weeks.

Yep. I try and go at least once every couple months with something specific in mind to work on.

I did a weekly lesson for the last half of 2019. I learned a lot and it was fun but unfortunately my scores are about the same.

Haven't ever had a lesson to this point, don't see it changing this year

Ive been having weekly lessons and will continue that for the next few months I'd say. I get to practice 4-5x in between lessons, so I don't feel this is too often.

I always enjoy lessons and the trek to getting better. Helps keep me focused during practice too.

In a new state though so will be on the search for someone I like and trust.

I have already taken one lesson in 2020 and plan to regularly access instruction. Five lessons since late last summer. I think of my instructor as my coach. I also engage and informally “work” with an additional pro. Once I finally set measurable goals for my game, I knew that learning and developing my skills through instruction was required. I have always been one who will work harder at passions and decided to additionally work a little smarter at golf.

In other words, 1) I need all the help I can get can and 2) I am the worst coach I will ever have.

I'll be taking lessons more frequently this year now that the pro who knows my swing inside out and backwards is back at my home course. I'll hopefully be able to play with him a few rounds as well to get some on course teaching too.

Eventually, yes. I’m looking at a couple of different ones that have a strong video capability. I’d like to see what I’m doing correctly or not.

Eventually, yes. I’m looking at a couple of different ones that have a strong video capability. I’d like to see what I’m doing correctly or not.
Yes, videos are very helpful. I get my wife to video tape me in a number of different swing views and I come home and study what I am doing. I have a software that will slow the swing down too. It helps me see what is actually going on in my swing.

@fupresti .....been going weekly since October and don't plan to stop

Been making a lot of great progress so far

Planning on it. I need to find someone that won't just shake their head and walk away after the first five minutes.

I just started the year off seeing one and don't regret one bit. Hope to hit the new year on a new foot and breaking some goals.

I will at some point. I'm hoping to get into my old course that is now wanting to be super exclusive, as the pro there was the pro before they closed for a redesign and we have a history. If that doesn't pan out, I'll have to find someone new as my friend that was giving me lessons took a job at a course down in West Palm Beach.

Absolutely. I start lessons in early February.

I want to take a few more lessons this year. Nothing serious, just some fine tuning.

I have one more lesson in a package I bought last year, so I will use it with that instructor then look for someone else. TXG golf did a video recently with a guy based out of Orlando and I really liked his style, so I'll probably reach out to him. Also thinking about doing a video series with Larry Cheung instead.

I'm still going back and forth. I know I should and I've talked to our Pro about it but haven't pulled the trigger yet

Back