Seeing an Instructor in 2020

Planning on Seeing an Instructor in 2020

• Yes

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
An aside. I have gotten myself into trouble watching youtube tour player swing analysis and/or instruction videos and trying to implement different swing approaches. On a positive not this has helped me learn more about the swing and, in particular through making mistakes, my swing, but that can be a rabbit hole of crazy. There are so many approaches and fixes and styles, and every player is different. I can see a point in the future where I will be able to explore and learn widely about swing approaches and pick and choose things that might work better for me. I am not even remotely close but I do hope to become a student of the swing as well as a player. I enjoy that aspect of golf.

Yes I'll see my home course pros again this year, we have a newer one I haven't seen yet and will probably give her a try, she's worked with my kids and they seem to really like her style of teaching.

I will probably have a couple. I tend to do it as needed but we will see. I may start with the fitness instructor who is TPI certified a program to try to build some more speed.

Sticking with what I have. The instructor right up the road is very good, but he either tells me what I already should know, or tries to get me into positions this 60 year old back can't handle.

I have worked with the same instructor for close to 20 years. He is a friend so I wont schedule a lesson per say, I will usually have him take a look or email a vid as needed.

my plan was one every 3-4 wks but surgery is putting that on hold...

Yes. I'm at the point in my return to golf that I need some profesional input. I hopefully have not developed too many bad habits. I know that I was able to correct a few of my previous bad ones. But to take the next step and improve my performance, I need the insight that a quality professional can provide. I've read a few teaching pro's bio and philosophy from the area around me and believe that I have the my initial choice picked out. Now I just need to reach out and schedule that initial lesson.

I will be continuing the lessons for 2020 and trying to up my practice time also.

I’ve already started a structured lesson program this year. Have not ever done something like this before. Big swing changes for 2020.

Yes sir! Soon as the snow is gone and my instructor opens his range/course back up I plan on continuing lessons.

I’m pretty much a beginner so yes for me - taking group lessons in April and then individual lessons based on what I need...which is probably a lot. Seeing as I have no idea what I’m doing, breaking bad habits shouldn’t be too hard:)

I have always self diagnosed and have been decently successful but not to the point I want to be. I need to spend the spring getting used to the new clubs as well as my latest swing changes I've have focused on over the winter. Once I see where my game has moved to, I expect get a pro lesson a couple of times this year to set direction.

Probably stick to self taught

Only had 1 lesson. That was when I was 9 years old.... back in 1980.
My problem isn't my golf swing. It's what's between my ears.

Yes, I'm looking forward to some serious effort into all facets of my wedge game. Technique, on course shot selection training, fitting me to the best tools and specs for me etc... I'll be working with a TPI instructor who just finished (yesterday I think?) Jame's Ridyard's Wedge Works Instructor Training in Orlando concurrent with the PGA Merchandise Show. From what I'm told Ridyard rarely offers these classes in the US so my pro was fortunate to get in. Part of the certification requires him to document the progress of his live training with several students. I hope to be one of those but he might do most of that up in Ohio where my pro is based? What I have going for me is his dad is my regular golf partner and my pro is down here often working with him (and me). He did record some baseline work with me when he was down for Christmas, and is coming here next month to share some of what he learned from Ridyard with us. Also he's supposedly coming here to do short game strategy 'playing lessons'. Timing of that depends on when Tiger's course opens, but at a minimum I'm invited to join them at Payne's Valley and Ozarks National and if I'm not part of his documented training I will at least get the benefit of his expertise as he works with his dad.

I'm also on the fence about it. Though I now belong to a private course with a pretty solid pro. I've always worked through stuff myself.

I’ve been seeing an instructor and honestly I’ve come to not like him much. When my prepaid lessons are used up I’ll be trying another.

I know a guy that has had three lessons and his game has basically not changed at all. To me, that was not a good investment and no, I don't know where the problem is, but I know the guy made some changes because of what the instructor taught him.

To me if I put in the work, I do expect something out for the investment. Also this guy's instructor is well-known and has great feedback. It seems to work for some and others it doesn't.

Back