Seeing yourself swing

I found it very useful - I saw myself coming back on the inside to much, throwing at the top, toppling forward, straighteing my right leg on the backswing, trapping myself at impact and being far to "armsy".

Apart from that it was perfect though.

I put it up on Swing Academy - it's a useful tool.

I only find the video useful if the pro points out what I'm doing right or wrong. I can't look at my swing and figure anything out on my own.

It's funny--the video is useful, but I absolutely hate swinging with the sun behind me, so I can see my shadow. That's incredibly distracting.

It's funny--the video is useful, but I absolutely hate swinging with the sun behind me, so I can see my shadow. That's incredibly distracting.

Haha its funny you mention that claire. I too have a hard time making a soild swing when i can see my shadow in front of me.

Honestly, I'm kind of scared to see my swing on camera. I'm hitting my clubs pretty well now and I'm sure if I saw my swing, there would be something i wouldn't like about it. I would get parinoid and try to fix it and it would mess up my game. I want to see my swing but at the same time I don't.

Honestly, I'm kind of scared to see my swing on camera. I'm hitting my clubs pretty well now and I'm sure if I saw my swing, there would be something i wouldn't like about it. I would get parinoid and try to fix it and it would mess up my game. I want to see my swing but at the same time I don't.

Wait until you start hitting the ball a little flaky and then take a look at your swing on video with a pro to help point out your flaws. I use to play with a guy who had a butt ugly swing but he hit the ball very well with that ugly swing. I am sure if he had seen it on video he would have tried to change it, probably for the worse.

I got to see my swing today while taking lessons. My instructor drew lines and showed me how it should look. He took me to stand in front of a big mirror and then stood behind me showing me how to make the proper turn. After I hit a couple balls he videotaped me again and my swing had improved drastically. I'm a visual learner so I understood this a lot better than someone trying to tell me what I was doing wrong. I've been practicing and it's amazing how much better I am striking it now.

My hubby and I shot short videos with our cell phone yesterday while chipping. I immediately noticed that I was not following through on my swing. Video clips offer great feedback!

It's funny, it took me seeing my swing to realize that I really don't swing as fast as I thought I did. It gave me the confidence to go after my drives.

I think video helps you improve much faster if you know what to look for. Go to swingacademy.com and post your video. There is some very knowledgeable guys over there that will take time to look at your swing and break it down for free.

I just saw myself swing on video for the first time too. I was in shock. I am a 14 handicap and thought I had a decent swing. I knew my swing was short but had no idea it was as short as it is. Also my legs were really stiff. I need to put more bend in them. If you haven't seen yourself on video you should.

Well, I was afraid of what I would see, but decided to do it and enlist the help of the Resident Pro Andy as well. You all can see my swing under the Ask the Pro: "Analyze my swing" thread. To be honest, it wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. But there are areas of improvement, like me and Andy both caught my hip slide/knee kick right away, and now he has me working on keeping my downswing more on plane. I've also realized that my swingplane was quite shallow. Be prepared to spend some time at the range though, as changing your swing SUCKS. But, in the end, it'll be for the better...

Back