SeeMore Putters Consistency Training Mirror and Triangulator Review Thread

hadi05

Just happy to be here! Also Bald...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
15ish
Need some help getting your body alignment correct every time when you walk up to the ball on the green?

Do you struggle with proper putter face alignment?

@seemoreputters has two solutions to help you with that!

SeeMore Putters Consistency Training Mirror to facilitate proper body alignment to the ball and target line.
SeeMore Putters Triangulator to help train your eye to what a correct aim looks like to your target line.

20220210_122158.jpg
20220210_122237.jpg
@Doubleb21, @Reframmellator, @TexasHacker34 and @GraniteRoost please feel free to leave your comments here on these putting alignment aids that were so graciously donated to us by @seemoreputters

Its a great mirror, its one I used for a very very long time. Fits the SPi principle of eyes over the inside of the putter at setup.

I'm pretty stoked about it @Jman. My biggest curiosity is how consistent am I in my set-up everytime and if I see any improvement with using the SPi lines.

The Triangulator is going to be eye opening to me in terms of am I actually aiming at my intended target.

I'm pretty stoked about it @Jman. My biggest curiosity is how consistent am I in my set-up everytime and if I see any improvement with using the SPi lines.

The Triangulator is going to be eye opening to me in terms of am I actually aiming at my intended target.
They're both dead useful, you'll get a lot of good out of them.

Watching for FedEx Delivery Guy

I love the triangular, still have it in my locker

Got any good advice on how to use them without tees @Jman?

Got any good advice on how to use them without tees @Jman?
Eh, its tough if its not totally flat out there. I used tees, just only the middle slots behind the putter as it just helps ingrain not rolling the putter head inside on the takeaway.

Eh, its tough if its not totally flat out there. I used tees, just only the middle slots behind the putter as it just helps ingrain not rolling the putter head inside on the takeaway.

Thanks!

Wow thank you so much @seemoreputters that is amazing generosity! I am truly excited to use both of those items as soon as they arrive. I am going to go watch the video's on these to familiarize myself with the set up.

Thanks for getting this started @hadi05

@seemoreputters, thanks! Can't wait to see all the videos on these and put them to use. '22 is going to be a great year for me in terms of putting.

Spent some time this evening with the mirror. My shoulder set-up was great. The RST from the SeeMore Mini Giant DF was very helpful. I did have to move my head down a little. I believe it actually helped me see my lines better before I went heads up to putt. Still made plenty of putts outside.

Going to use this for drills at home just to practice set-up. It's a great tool!

I went outside and used the @seemoreputters consistency training mirror this morning and learned a few things. (Note I didn't use the tees because of artificial turf outside)

The black line is for your shoulders.
The red line is for your eyes.
The green line is for a natural swing arc.

1. My new set-up because of using the RST has my shoulders square and on the black line.
2. I noticed I needed to put my eyes down a little more to align with the red line. This really helped me see my line better when I did.
3. My stroke goes to the inside on the swing arc and could use a little more work on being consistent.

Looks like I have some work to do inside practicing on my swing arc and stroke consistency. I wouldn't have recognized these things without filming or without the mirror.

I did purposely not set my shoulders right on a few putts outside this morning and guess what.... They didn't go in the hole. Depending on if I had my shoulders open or closed to my target line determined if I went to the left or right of the hole. A light bulb went off for me on that. If you're shoulders aren't square to target your swing arc naturally won't follow your intended swing path towards your target line.

Looking forward to your responses on these training aids. I have recently started using a mirror. It has helped a great deal.

I went outside and used the @seemoreputters consistency training mirror this morning and learned a few things. (Note I didn't use the tees because of artificial turf outside)

The black line is for your shoulders.
The red line is for your eyes.
The green line is for a natural swing arc.

1. My new set-up because of using the RST has my shoulders square and on the black line.
2. I noticed I needed to put my eyes down a little more to align with the red line. This really helped me see my line better when I did.
3. My stroke goes to the inside on the swing arc and could use a little more work on being consistent.

Looks like I have some work to do inside practicing on my swing arc and stroke consistency. I wouldn't have recognized these things without filming or without the mirror.

I did purposely not set my shoulders right on a few putts outside this morning and guess what.... They didn't go in the hole. Depending on if I had my shoulders open or closed to my target line determined if I went to the left or right of the hole. A light bulb went off for me on that. If you're shoulders aren't square to target your swing arc naturally won't follow your intended swing path towards your target line.

This is awesome and what i have been fighting a bit! I will be curious where my eyes land the first time i use that mirror.

This is awesome and what i have been fighting a bit! I will be curious where my eyes land the first time i use that mirror.

Let's just say @Doubleb21 it was an eye opening experience for me. pun intended.

After a few sessions of getting the feel for a natural swing arc. I was able to replicate it multiple times this afternoon with great success. This mirror is a great tool for you to use to get your self a consistent set-up.

I cannot thank @seemoreputters and THP enough for this opportunity to learn more about and improve my putting.

Were my eyes opened tonight.

As I mentioned in the Mini Giant Deep Flange review thread, I watched the two-minute instructional video on how to use the mirror, and decided to use just the mirror and my PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer, placed six feet apart on a fairly low-napped carpet in the home office.

There is a thing called kinesthetic intelligence. It describes awareness of one's body in space and the ability to manage that. It's akin to "natural athleticism" - the guy or woman who can pick up a driver for the first time ever and hit a baby draw 200 yards in the fairway. I don't have that. I think my hands are at A when they are really at D.

You know who else seemed to lack kinesthetic intelligence? Ben Hogan. In his classic Five Lessons, he described in minute detail the positions and motions of his hands, arms, shoulders, and everything else but his ears during the swing, What's more, he commissioned an illustrator to put some of those descriptions into pictures. I read an article about how years later, someone broke down film of Hogan's swing and compared it to what Hogan described, what he said he felt, in Five Lessons. There were numerous and significant differences between what Hogan said his body was doing and what was actually going on.

I bring this up for two reasons:
  1. If Ben Hogan did that, there's hope for us.
  2. I found a huge difference between what I felt in my alignment and how I was aligned.
Others have done a great job describing the functions of the various lines on the mirror. My objectives tonight were simple:
  1. Use the mirror to align myself properly
  2. See how many putts I could sink out of 100, when aligning myself according to the mirror's guidance.
Here is how I envisioned my putting stance:
  • Eyes centered over the putter alignment line (center of the putter head)
  • Putter shaft perpendicular to the ground - no forward press or backwards lean
  • Because my typical miss is a push, my shoulders are probably pointed slightly to the right of my target line
  • my putter face alignment to the target line is OK but not great

When I placed the ball in the mirror slot, took my stance, and enabled RST, here is what I found when I checked in with the mirrror:
  • my eyes were aligned with the centerline of the putter head, but about 1/2" ahead of the ball, not over the putter head
  • my shoulders were pointed left of the target line
So I made my initial corrections, Without moving my hands, I brought my eyes to SeeMore's recommended position: centered over the RST markings on the heel of the putter. I turned my shoulders slightly until they were parallel with the shoulder line on the mirror.

And now the RST was not aligned. When my eyes were forward of the ball and I aligned the RST, that produced a pronounced forward lean. WIthout RST, I probably would not have known that after I used the mirror to align my stance. So I brought my hands back until the lines lined up.

Before I started my putting evaluation. I lined up the mirror and the hole and made a few putts using the mirror alignment lines. Over the course of a few putts, I noticed the free-floating mirror moved just enough to throw the mirror alignment off line. So I started to ignore the mirror marking and align the putter by eye. Turns out my alignment by eye is pretty good. Based on this, I don't see that a longer alignment line on a putter would benefit me all that much.

NOTE: I could see the benefits of using the mirror alignment outdoors, when the mirror can be pinned to the green with tees. I also noticed that as I practiced more with the mirror and putted using proper alignment, the mirror hardly moved. This makes sense, because if the mirror had moved, then my shoulder alignment would have been off, and that did not appear to be the case by the results of my putts. Nonetheless, I continued to align by eye, and it worked really well for me.

So after these adjustments, my stance initially felt different. Neither good nor bad, just different. But after four or five putts, it started to feel better. I found it even easier to execute a smooth pendulum swing. The 6-foot putts went in. And kept going in - 100 in a row, with 12 "perfect putts" ending up in the microtarget. For comparison, with my old stance, I made 91.6% of about 150 putts from 4.5 feet, and my perfect putt rate was about 3%. The numbers say all there is to say about the benefits of proper overall alignment. It's going to take a lot of practice to erase the muscle memory, but when the benefits are this visible, it's going to be less of a chore.

I'm not a training aids guy. I'd use a CD, shiny side up, to check my eye position instead of springing for a mirror. But after seeing improvement with the switch to the MGDF, and reading posts about the importance of alignment, I was ready to buy a putting mirror when SeeMore graciously gifted us. I'm now a believer. Here's my takeaway:
  • if you want a more consistent stance, practice with a putting mirror. The SeeMore mirror is a great choice.
  • if you want a more consistent putter alignment, get a SeeMore with RST. It's certain to give you a consistent alignment.
  • if you want a more consistent AND CORRECT stance and alignment, practice with the SeeMore in conjunction with a putting mirror.

Last edited:
Had a friend come over today to try a different putter and the training mirror.

His results are undeniable!

Baseline at 6' with his existing gamer
11/20

Mini Giant DF
12/20

Use of alignment tool for practice for 10 minutes then try again

Existing gamer
13/30

Mini Giant DF
17/20

When we went to 10' he put his existing gamer away and just used the Mini Giant DF

11/20

I used the mirror with a mallet I have at home at 6'

Baseline
9/20

After 10 minutes of practicing with putting mirror
14/20

I believe this could improve more if I used the Triangulator to check my actual aim.

Just wanted to share that these training aids can be used with ANY putter and you show improvement. Although using a SeeMore Putter with RST will be like a cheat code!

So excited to open up my Consistency Training Mirror and Triangulator today! Thank you SeeMore and THP for this unexpected bonus!

I made a quick video, this one was tricky to film. Be gentle. :)

@Reframmellator I loved your post above and kinesthetic intelligence is my new favorite term. I feel like the feedback from CT mirror and RST are a great combination that are helping me develop better awareness.

Back