SeeMore Putters Consistency Training Mirror and Triangulator Review Thread

So excited to open up my Consistency Training Mirror and Triangulator today! Thank you SeeMore and THP for this unexpected bonus!

I made a quick video, this one was tricky to film. Be gentle. :)

Great Video and I cannot wait to be using that.

I went outside this morning and and took 48 putts for another thread. Then I got the SPi Consistency Training mirror out and checked my set-up and stroke based on what I now feel is correct. Everything is where it was supposed to be and my stroke pretty well followed the green line. Practicing my set-up, alignment and stroke and getting feels for each one is working very well with the mirror. This is a great training aid to use to help you develop a solid set-up and stroke. I will continue to make this a part of my putting practice just to I can ingrain that feel I want for a proper set-up and consistent stroke. I was able to do this with both the @seemoreputters Mini Giant DF I am testing and my old gamer a Odyssey 2 Ball Ten Mallet. I'll probably say this 100 times, both of the trainers work exceptional well with all putters, not just a SeeMore Putter.

I am hoping tomorrow that the practice green will be open for me to take some putts and use the triangulator.

Last edited:
I cannot thank @seemoreputters and THP enough for this opportunity to learn more about and improve my putting.

Were my eyes opened tonight.

As I mentioned in the Mini Giant Deep Flange review thread, I watched the two-minute instructional video on how to use the mirror, and decided to use just the mirror and my PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer, placed six feet apart on a fairly low-napped carpet in the home office.

There is a thing called kinesthetic intelligence. It describes awareness of one's body in space and the ability to manage that. It's akin to "natural athleticism" - the guy or woman who can pick up a driver for the first time ever and hit a baby draw 200 yards in the fairway. I don't have that. I think my hands are at A when they are really at D.

You know who else seemed to lack kinesthetic intelligence? Ben Hogan. In his classic Five Lessons, he described in minute detail the positions and motions of his hands, arms, shoulders, and everything else but his ears during the swing, What's more, he commissioned an illustrator to put some of those descriptions into pictures. I read an article about how years later, someone broke down film of Hogan's swing and compared it to what Hogan described, what he said he felt, in Five Lessons. There were numerous and significant differences between what Hogan said his body was doing and what was actually going on.

I bring this up for two reasons:
  1. If Ben Hogan did that, there's hope for us.
  2. I found a huge difference between what I felt in my alignment and how I was aligned.
Others have done a great job describing the functions of the various lines on the mirror. My objectives tonight were simple:
  1. Use the mirror to align myself properly
  2. See how many putts I could sink out of 100, when aligning myself according to the mirror's guidance.
Here is how I envisioned my putting stance:
  • Eyes centered over the putter alignment line (center of the putter head)
  • Putter shaft perpendicular to the ground - no forward press or backwards lean
  • Because my typical miss is a push, my shoulders are probably pointed slightly to the right of my target line
  • my putter face alignment to the target line is OK but not great

When I placed the ball in the mirror slot, took my stance, and enabled RST, here is what I found when I checked in with the mirrror:
  • my eyes were aligned with the centerline of the putter head, but about 1/2" ahead of the ball, not over the putter head
  • my shoulders were pointed left of the target line
So I made my initial corrections, Without moving my hands, I brought my eyes to SeeMore's recommended position: centered over the RST markings on the heel of the putter. I turned my shoulders slightly until they were parallel with the shoulder line on the mirror.

And now the RST was not aligned. When my eyes were forward of the ball and I aligned the RST, that produced a pronounced forward lean. WIthout RST, I probably would not have known that after I used the mirror to align my stance. So I brought my hands back until the lines lined up.

Before I started my putting evaluation. I lined up the mirror and the hole and made a few putts using the mirror alignment lines. Over the course of a few putts, I noticed the free-floating mirror moved just enough to throw the mirror alignment off line. So I started to ignore the mirror marking and align the putter by eye. Turns out my alignment by eye is pretty good. Based on this, I don't see that a longer alignment line on a putter would benefit me all that much.

NOTE: I could see the benefits of using the mirror alignment outdoors, when the mirror can be pinned to the green with tees. I also noticed that as I practiced more with the mirror and putted using proper alignment, the mirror hardly moved. This makes sense, because if the mirror had moved, then my shoulder alignment would have been off, and that did not appear to be the case by the results of my putts. Nonetheless, I continued to align by eye, and it worked really well for me.

So after these adjustments, my stance initially felt different. Neither good nor bad, just different. But after four or five putts, it started to feel better. I found it even easier to execute a smooth pendulum swing. The 6-foot putts went in. And kept going in - 100 in a row, with 12 "perfect putts" ending up in the microtarget. For comparison, with my old stance, I made 91.6% of about 150 putts from 4.5 feet, and my perfect putt rate was about 3%. The numbers say all there is to say about the benefits of proper overall alignment. It's going to take a lot of practice to erase the muscle memory, but when the benefits are this visible, it's going to be less of a chore.

I'm not a training aids guy. I'd use a CD, shiny side up, to check my eye position instead of springing for a mirror. But after seeing improvement with the switch to the MGDF, and reading posts about the importance of alignment, I was ready to buy a putting mirror when SeeMore graciously gifted us. I'm now a believer. Here's my takeaway:
  • if you want a more consistent stance, practice with a putting mirror. The SeeMore mirror is a great choice.
  • if you want a more consistent putter alignment, get a SeeMore with RST. It's certain to give you a consistent alignment.
  • if you want a more consistent AND CORRECT stance and alignment, practice with the SeeMore in conjunction with a putting mirror.

Thanks for taking time for the information above. This is fantastic and something that EVERY golfer in the world could use. Appreciate it! (y)

A huge thank you to @seemoreputters as my package arrived today! I did not get a chance to use it till this evening. I got it all setup and the first thing I noticed is I didn’t see my eyes or shoulders in the mirror. I had to move myself quite a bit in to get lined up with my eyes and shoulders.

Friday I am taking both with me to my lesson and we are doing nothing but putting. I am excited to get really set up and have a tool to check my set up out on. I will report back Friday after my lesson with my coach’s findings and progress! The new explanar mat is nice the balls rolls well.
CA89FEF6-ABAF-4F83-9BC4-42AD9C583E0E.jpegEEE9C272-17E5-40E2-9CB1-2B6704B87D80.jpeg

Great home set-up @Doubleb21! Can't wait to hear what your coach has to say about the Consistency trainer

Spending some more time with the CT mirror the last couple of evenings. Some quick high points:

• I like the inclusion of the shoulder line and extra footprint of the CT mirror. I recently bought a different mirror and it is not large enough to see my shoulders. A few more squares inches makes a big difference here.
  • I also like the color coded green, red, and black alignment lines. The whole setup is really simple to look at visually, and the bold line widths are easy on the eyes
  • The included drawstring travel bag is lovely. The bag is perfect size for the mirror, and the triangular zipper pocket for the Tringulator is an distinctive functional detail.

• B0308476-D647-47D6-A948-FF9994907148.jpeg

I spent some time using the mirror today practicing my set up. I rolled some really straight putts today being properly setup over the ball. I didn’t try anything over 5 ft as I am just getting use to what the setup feels like.

One mod I am going to make to my CT mirror is to find some grippy backing. It is designed to use tees to pin it to the putting green, but slides around a little on the carpet inside. Brainstorming...

Played a quick 9 yesterday and noticed on a much bigger green than what I have at home, I was fighting my alignment aid on the golf ball. This is something I wouldn't have noticed without using the RST and alignment line on the putter.

I can't wait to spend some time on a large putting green with the Triangulator, because this will help me confirm my target line alignment (done by ball) and give me more confidence that I'm aiming in the right place.

How many of you struggle with alignment to target line on larger greens, or is this something that I'll struggle with as a heads up putter?

One mod I am going to make to my CT mirror is to find some grippy backing. It is designed to use tees to pin it to the putting green, but slides around a little on the carpet inside. Brainstorming...

I am very interested in that, but trying to find something thin enough that doesn't cause the mirror to not be flat any more, or cause a tilt.

I am very interested in that, but trying to find something thin enough that doesn't cause the mirror to not be flat any more, or cause a tilt.

Currently pondering coarse wet/dry sandpaper, or ping pong paddle rubber, but it has to be thin without the sponge layer. My pondering started with snowboard Stomp Pads and have been trying to downsize to an appropriate thickness.

I spent more time this morning with the SPi CT Mirror. I am really enjoying using it. How I test myself is to put the putter down where it needs to be close my eyes and set-up my stance. I then open my eyes and look at my eyes and shoulder positioning compared to what the SPi mirror recommends. It's a great way to check your "feels". I am too the point where I don't have to make many adjustments. However, I do try and use the mirror several times a week for a few minutes just to practice my set-up.

I noticed this morning in the video that I am picking up the putter a little and it is coming to the inside before I make my putt. I am following the green line, but not centered. I'll have to research this a little more to see where this is coming from. My instinct tells me that maybe, I am pushing down on the putter during set-up. That could definitely cause issues long term.

Once the weather is more cooperative I can not wait to get the triangulator on the practice green.

I made a quick mod to my SeeMore Consistency Training mirror. I added some 2” 40-grit wet dry PSA sandpaper disks to the back. 10-pack was $2.29 and I used four for total cost of $0.92. Seems to stay put nicely on the carpet now.

B424BDC4-19A8-4A31-BCEE-FE4DD6AF3E09.jpeg
A63274B2-BC33-44E5-872A-77165B57CC42.jpeg

Lots of mirror work has been happening since i received my package from Seemore! Today i took the mirror and my triangulator to my lesson. Had my coach look over the set up for verification in the mirror. We then got out the triangulator to mess around with it. This tool is going to be invaluable to me. We went through a few quick aims points and set it up and see how it worked. This is a very easy to use tool that i feel will help me understand the view i am looking for on my intended line. This is such a great tool for aiming.

I will be taking this to the green next week for an extended practice session! We didn't get a chance to take some pics as the Senior PGA guys flooded the green for a qualifying event that had going on. As we left a few of them said to keep on working what we were doing! I will definitely have more info on this soon!

Lots of mirror work has been happening since i received my package from Seemore! Today i took the mirror and my triangulator to my lesson. Had my coach look over the set up for verification in the mirror. We then got out the triangulator to mess around with it. This tool is going to be invaluable to me. We went through a few quick aims points and set it up and see how it worked. This is a very easy to use tool that i feel will help me understand the view i am looking for on my intended line. This is such a great tool for aiming.

I will be taking this to the green next week for an extended practice session! We didn't get a chance to take some pics as the Senior PGA guys flooded the green for a qualifying event that had going on. As we left a few of them said to keep on working what we were doing! I will definitely have more info on this soon!

I can't wait to hear more about how the triangulator works for you. That is a tool I'm very excited about. It just needs to warm up a little more for me to get some time on the practice green with it.

I can't wait to hear more about how the triangulator works for you. That is a tool I'm very excited about. It just needs to warm up a little more for me to get some time on the practice green with it.

What is great is you just need a few tees and a sleeve of balls plus you putter for some serious improvement!

So excited to open up my Consistency Training Mirror and Triangulator today! Thank you SeeMore and THP for this unexpected bonus!

I made a quick video, this one was tricky to film. Be gentle. :)

Love this! Really easy to see the benefits of using this mirror.

I made a quick mod to my SeeMore Consistency Training mirror. I added some 2” 40-grit wet dry PSA sandpaper disks to the back. 10-pack was $2.29 and I used four for total cost of $0.92. Seems to stay put nicely on the carpet now.

View attachment 9067862
View attachment 9067863
Where did you get the sandpaper? I've never seen disks that small - didn't know they came in that size lol!

Where did you get the sandpaper? I've never seen disks that small - didn't know they came in that size lol!

Those are made for a 2" air powered die grinder - you might find them at a local hardware store, auto repair supply store, or jobber shop. You can get a 50-pack on Amazon for $9, or I was able to order through an industrial supplier (McMaster Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/4678A111-4678A71/ ).

I feel a little bit guilty about putting an abrasive on the bottom tht eventually might shed particles and scratch the top surface. I may still be on the lookout for some sort of sticky rubber backing to replace the sandpaper.

I've got the SPi training bag, tees, sleeve of golf balls, ball marker and the putter in the car. Going to have some fun today on the practice green while our son has his golf lesson.

Wow this Triangulator is a game changer. I learned a few very important things today.

1. I need to use an alignment aid on the golf ball to set-up my putts over 6'
2. I need to use the triple track that Callaway offers for the alignment aid. Sorry @OldandStiff it is terrific track for me, not terrible track. I tried several different alignment aids and no alignment aid on the ball.
3. The SPi mirror has done a great job on helping with alignment and set-up.
4. It's super easy to use the Triangulator and get instant feedback. A must have for anybody who wants to work on putting.
20220220_123143.jpg

Last edited:
Wow this Triangulator is a game changer. I learned a few very important things today.

1. I need to use an alignment aid on the golf ball to set-up my putts over 6'
2. I need to use the triple track that Callaway offers for the alignment aid. Sorry @OldandStiff it is terrific track for me, not terrible track. I tried several different alignment aids and no alignment aid on the ball.
3. The SPi mirror has done a great job on helping with alignment and set-up.
4. It's super easy to use the Triangulator and get instant feedback. A must have for anybody who wants to work on putting.
View attachment 9068862
Use whatever helps man!

I don't know what any of this is, but it looks impressive, and makes me feel kinda lazy. (y)

Use whatever helps man!

I don't know what any of this is, but it looks impressive, and makes me feel kinda lazy. (y)

I just like messing with you about it TBH @OldandStiff. I hope one day we can go chase the ball around the course together. The Triangulator is a $10 tool you can use to validate your putter face alignment.

Effectively, you pick your target and align your putt. You then butt the Triangulator to your putter face. Put two tees in to hold it in place and then stretch out the string to check your actual vs perceived target line. It's an awesome tool

I just like messing with you about it TBH @OldandStiff. I hope one day we can go chase the ball around the course together. The Triangulator is a $10 tool you can use to validate your putter face alignment.

Effectively, you pick your target and align your putt. You then butt the Triangulator to your putter face. Put two tees in to hold it in place and then stretch out the string to check your actual vs perceived target line. It's an awesome tool
I absolutely hope that we do, and that you bring your triangulator so you can show me all the stuff I'm doing wrong and ruin my day. 😜

Back