SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

James -

I am very impressed with the changes in your set-up! You are standing much taller, more square and the SPi medicine ball has really helped neutralize you set-up position as well as keeping your hands quite in the stroke. Remember to let the putter fall to 45 degrees or so and then bend from the hips... The putter will be soled properly and your hands will be in the perfect position! Give me a shout if you have any questions!

Brady

Welcome aboard Brady! Looking forward to your input here as well!

Just got finished reading/watching all these updates, and let me say this: WOW! You all are absolutely slaying this testing so far and it is incredibly informative, as well as exciting! I'm thinking I need to get more into the SPi and stroke fundamentals part of SeeMore, and this has been eye opening. Great pics, thoughts, videos, all.

I think that's a great idea JN! It seems that most of the testers are willing to go all the way with this and I think it will only help us , and not hurt us. After nearly 30 years of playing this great game, it's probably high time that I really learn how to putt. lol

good videos Tad.... im interested to see if your instructor changes your lie when he gets back... the toe of the putter seems to be higher than your heel. from looking at your videos. just a little, but it was still noticeable from the videos i watched. one of the things my instructor said is he wants to to lay flat every time. could just be a simple adjustment in posture or they could change the lie pretty easily. anyway putter looks great. very interesting sound too.

Hey Rusty!

The following SeeMore Putters are all face balanced at impact.

FGP, mFGP CS, ONE CS, m1, and PCB

Please let me know if you have questions!

Brady

Oh, okay, I thought from the video that all of the SeeMore's were face balanced at impact. I will make sure to experiment with one of these models next time I'm shopping.

Freddie - just watched the videos, looking good man. It is telling when you are already noticing your hands being more forward to setup correctly with the RST.

Glad to see Brady on the forum and pitching in when he can as I am sure questions will continually arise.

I am right there with Chunky - this is making me want to pull my SeeMore back out and get back to some basics, would probably help!

Watching my Pat O'Brien putting DVDs right now. Really some good info on here. And starting to really understand the concept on what SeeMore is all about with the RST and fundamentals. Alignment and ball position can be the same everytime you putt with the SeeMore and the RST. I'm interested to see if I can get an idea and maybe do an experiment to see how many different things I normally have when I stand over one putt to another. Might be taking some photos to see if I can find anything different with my current putter. And see if there are any differences between my current putter and my SeeMore.

This thread had me checking out M5x's on eBay while sipping some beers last night.

Watching my Pat O'Brien putting DVDs right now. Really some good info on here. And starting to really understand the concept on what SeeMore is all about with the RST and fundamentals. Alignment and ball position can be the same everytime you putt with the SeeMore and the RST. I'm interested to see if I can get an idea and maybe do an experiment to see how many different things I normally have when I stand over one putt to another. Might be taking some photos to see if I can find anything different with my current putter. And see if there are any differences between my current putter and my SeeMore.

I'll be curious to see what you see and find out from doing that. From all the info in here Im already sold on this working for my putting game and I dont even have my putter yet.

I watched the DVD last night as my putting has been struggling. I tend to watch it a couple times year when putting goes aray to get back on track. A lot of great information in this video and well worth the watch... and rewatch.

Good idea Buck, that would be interesting to see.

I'll be curious to see what you see and find out from doing that. From all the info in here Im already sold on this working for my putting game and I dont even have my putter yet.

It's funny how I think I'm SBST and the iping app agrees I'm very close to SBST I have a very slight arc but I also know and he reiterates in the DVD is there really isn't a true SBST putting stroke its just impossible especially with longer putts. You have to make an arc. I wonder if this is gonna change my stroke or not. Be interested to throw the SeeMore on my iping app too. I have plenty of old data to compare it too.

I'm way behind on this thread, so far just catching highlights here and there as I can. Has any of these testers used the string trainer yet, Triangulator? I use mine some and still don't think I'm using it in a fashion that gives me enough info to help my alignment. Little help here?

This thread had me checking out M5x's on eBay while sipping some beers last night.

Nice ponder... while watching the Pat O'Brien DVD I couldn't help but do some M8 pondering... man those special edition ones are sick too...

Im curious if Jman or any of the other testers who had some work with the medicine ball can go into a little more detail about that and what that is supposed to do?

WOW!!... this thread is making me want to take my recently bought seemore back, just so i can find an spi and go through even half of this process. Great write-ups all around. And its even more amazing to see some of the instructors in here giving real time feedback to the thread.

And its even more amazing to see some of the instructors in here giving real time feedback to the thread.

Agreed! SeeMore knows how to represent (hence their sponsorship of the Flatstick Talk subforum)

I'm way behind on this thread, so far just catching highlights here and there as I can. Has any of these testers used the string trainer yet, Triangulator? I use mine some and still don't think I'm using it in a fashion that gives me enough info to help my alignment. Little help here?
Its actually on my list to play around with today Duey, we used it momentarily in my fitting to see where I was lined up but it can be used to ingrain proper direction too, I'll see what I can come up with today for you buddy.

Im curious if Jman or any of the other testers who had some work with the medicine ball can go into a little more detail about that and what that is supposed to do?
You mean you missed my video on it from yesterday?!?!?! LOL

No problemo Kmac, how is a write up with illustrations and a video on the medicine ball? hehehe

• Additional Fitting and Training Aid Info: CLICK HERE

The worst thing I ever did with a Seemore was try to look at the RST during my stroke. I think using it to set up is where it comes in handy.

Hawk, I couldn't agree more, it works amazing for setup, but then I have to focus on my alignment aide, for me a line, and then keeps me on track with my read. I tried to focus on the RST at first with my stroke and keep it hidden the whole time, I totally forgot about everything else with my stroke and it messed with my head.

Hawk, I couldn't agree more, it works amazing for setup, but then I have to focus on my alignment aide, for me a line, and then keeps me on track with my read. I tried to focus on the RST at first with my stroke and keep it hidden the whole time, I totally forgot about everything else with my stroke and it messed with my head.

I agree I don't think you should follow the RST I don't think it's gonna bother me during my stroke by distracting me or anything. just get set up with it and then pick a spot about an inch in front of the ball and then roll the ball over that spot.

Freddie, just got to watch your videos, that was fantastic!! The camera angles really showed exactly what you were trying to get across, very well done! Your enthusiasm made it just that much better. Once again the bar is raised.
thanks BBB I'm glad it made sense

good videos Tad.... im interested to see if your instructor changes your lie when he gets back... the toe of the putter seems to be higher than your heel. from looking at your videos. just a little, but it was still noticeable from the videos i watched. one of the things my instructor said is he wants to to lay flat every time. could just be a simple adjustment in posture or they could change the lie pretty easily. anyway putter looks great. very interesting sound too.
I saw the same thing Buck and I hope the lie angle is adjusted. Based on what I am reading, that sole should sit flat at address.

Freddie - just watched the videos, looking good man. It is telling when you are already noticing your hands being more forward to setup correctly with the RST.

Glad to see Brady on the forum and pitching in when he can as I am sure questions will continually arise.

I am right there with Chunky - this is making me want to pull my SeeMore back out and get back to some basics, would probably help!
it was truly a noticeable feeling I had with the hands. Not uncomfortable but different.

I'm interested in this as well. I'm thinking of using my wife's 10lb cowbell to copy the med ball work out.

I agree I don't think you should follow the RST I don't think it's gonna bother me during my stroke by distracting me or anything. just get set up with it and then pick a spot about an inch in front of the ball and then roll the ball over that spot.

This is something I am interested in exploring when my mFGP arrives next week. If I have picked out the right line and have a good idea of the speed of the putt, then I could see using the RST through the swing not being the worst thing. If hiding the dot throughout the stroke, helps you put a good stroke on the ball, isnt that something that I want?

The ball isnt going anywhere, so I certainly dont need to look at that, and I am (in theory) setup square to my target, so no need to focus on my line.

I could see that getting focused too much on the RST might distract me from getting the right tempo...but it's something I am definitely looking forward to experimenting with.

As always, each new review post will include links to my previous one's in the "Reference Link" section, as it gets to be more and more crowded with additional review/thought posts those links will obviously go into spoiler tags.

REFERENCE LINKS:

• Initial Thoughts/Process: CLICK HERE
  • Pre SPi Putting Breakdown: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 2: CLICK HERE

MORE FITTING INFORMATION
:

Naturally, looking back and fielding a couple questions there are a couple things about my fitting that I really think I need to do the due diligence for the process and go into a little bit more detail about. Most prominently though I'm going to speak to the stance changes that I underwent and the nifty instructional device that is the SPi medicine ball.

STANCE:

To say there was a change here might be the biggest understatement ever. I actually took some pictures today of old versus new and they blew me away, this is the first time I have seen MYSELF at address in putting ever whether it be the new or the old stance. I think they will amaze alot of you too, so, for full disclosure...shall we?

DSC_0164.jpg
DSC_0163.jpg

Can you tell which is which? LOL

Now, yes, there is a certain, "wow" factor to my old stance to say the least. I can see everything Brady was referring to on the putting green now:
  • My hands are so low and inside that even with a flat putter it is obviously not properly soled, this will lend to taking the putts left...my typical miss before.
  • Also, my grip, the spacing and positioning within the palm would allow for easy twisting of the face and errant direction.
  • In addition look at my feet, WIDE open...and I wondered why I missed left so much? In with all of this everything was so left my stroke was actually in to out and cutting across the ball to try and get the ball back on line.

It really is CRAZY for me to see it like this now. HEARING what you are doing is one thing, SEEING it takes it to another level.

Shall we speak on the new SPi approved stance and positioning now? Lets:

• Immediately you see how much taller I am, but still with a good spine angle. I can tell you 1000% that it still does not feel like it looks. It is still so foreign to me that I feel like I'm standing straight up and down at address, it will take time to acclimate but the picture helps with that process for me.
  • The grip is night and day from before, more narrow and in the fingers allowing for the putter to rotate and release on its own without the manipulation of being in my life-line.
  • My stance is obviously not wide open anymore either. It is balanced and in good position. I openly admit this is still a concentrated effort for me as well.
  • My eyes are now over the heel of the putter (near the RST) and where the SPi method prefers.

Night and day, right? Its amazing for me to see in pictures because there is a bit of a "duh!" moment there seeing all of the GLARING errors. It also allows for me to rationalize what Brady and the SPi system mean and what it accomplishes. Now, it still feels STRANGE and foreign to me but that is building muscle memory I believe. For instance:
  • I feel like I'm standing straight up and down now, obviously I'm not. There is a very good spine angle there. This allows for me to simply rock my shoulders to make the stroke as well.
  • Believe it or not I feel like I'm aiming left now by being on line while my old stance felt straight but was obviously left. I think this is partially my eye dominance also but Brady called it when he first showed me what REALLY was aligning straight and warned it would feel left. There is a major getting used to thing going on here.
  • The grip allows for the club to open and close on its own through the stroked now, to me it feels like I can't really control the head, but, that is just because I had a death grip before! Again, acclimation will take repetition.

The coolest thing about all of this is like my SPi instructor Brady said, this stance when I acclimate takes all of the variables out of the equation and will allow it to become about pace and trusting my line, nothing more, nothing less. Simple like putting should be in my opinion. Some of you may laugh at that comment with all of these changes seeming complicated for me to master, but as frustrating as it can get for me at times right now, it all makes perfect sense. The method itself makes perfect sense to me.

INSTRUCTIONAL TOOL - SPi MEDICINE BALL:

I showed a picture of this nifty little piece of swag that Brady gave me in my fitting post (part 2) and mentioned it a bit. I want to go into it more because it is SO brilliant...yet just completely and entirely a simple concept. Its one of those "why didn't I think of that" things to me quite frankly.

Now, to explain this initially, I think a video is in order...what do you think? Hehe

I'm goofy on camera...SORRY! But deal with it. HA!

Now, the text version. Basically when I saw this on the table I thought maybe another alignment aid like the Triangulator is...uh...wrong. That thought changed as soon as I grabbed it, it was an instant "Duh! Its a medicine ball!" moment for me. Brady said this is new form SPi and not on the site yet but he thought it would be in the near future. Basically, its a practice tool you can use wherever, on the putting green at the course, the living room, out in the yard, heck even the shower I'm sure if that's your thing! LOL

Basically its purpose is to use the weight (2lbs) to allow you to truly feel the rocking of your shoulders in the stroke and keep the arms and hands out of it. You ingrain that motion of allowing the stroke to open and close as you rock your shoulders again and again. True muscle memory and its simple to use...illustrations?

DSC_0158-3.jpg
DSC_0157-2.jpg
DSC_0159-3.jpg

Its SO simple, start in your putter address stance with the ball between your hands and rock your shoulders back, and through.

Brady put emphasis opn using this on the putting green with me because of that nasty tendency of taking the putter up and inside and then cutting out across the ball to try to correct all of the left stuff that was going on in my old form. We would use this for 5-6-7 strokes to FEEL the stroke in my shoulders and then immediately go to putting the ball. I've used it for about 30 total minutes each night the last two nights. Its SO easy to implement! Heck, when a commercial comes just get up and make a few strokes. Muscle memory!! This is such a cool tool in my honest opinion.

WEAPON OF CHOICE:

Frankly, my pictures the other night of the mFGP2 Carbon Steel SUCKED so I only think it fair to have some better ones to show it off in its true beauty...right?

DSC_0166-1.jpg

DSC_0167-1.jpg

DSC_0168-1.jpg

DSC_0169-1.jpg

DSC_0172-4.jpg

DSC_0175-1.jpg

DSC_0176-1.jpg

DSC_0174-2.jpg

I also wanted to avian speak on how much I have always and continue to love this head design. I've owned a couple of mFGP2 SS's before and my first foray into SeeMore was just the plain FGP2 and I always was drawn to them. There is just something about it for me as a head shape, I have and do own a LOT of pretty putters but no head style, no matter how hard I've tried to find one, fits my eye quite as well as the mFGP2 does. I mean, with a kick butt alignment line setup and an ability to just flat out frame the golf ball at address what more could one want or ling for?

The mSeries in the carbon steel just knocks it out of the park on looks too, I absolutely adore the milling lines that you can see on the topline and in the cavity pocket. Combine that with the PVD maintenance free finish that matches SO well with the new PVD shaft tip section and its just stealth that for me screams it is a workhorse. Add to all of that the fact that it feels tremendous (feel in a putter to me is audible feedback) with a nice 'click' that I LOVE to hear in my putters and that it gets the ball rolling quickly and tightly...it should becaome a weapon over time. I sure hope it does at least.

I do find it funny that Brady and I were dedicated to being open minded about it (even though he brought in the four I thought fit my eye the best) and through handling many different ones I ended up back at the mFGP2 and through putting with many different ones he too ended up at the mFGP2 for being the most consistent for me at setup and stroke. Too funny really. I would have played ANYTHING he'd suggested, but its ironic that it ended up with one I've always been drawn to in the first place...and one of their absolute best sellers to this day I might add.

Just a little fitting addendum I really felt like I needed to do. I did actually get out for TWO rounds with the mFGP2 CS yesterday to get a solid on course idea of what I really need to focus on at home here on my Tour Links in the man cave, and I certainly did that. I'll post up some thoughts about that tomorrow for sure during the day.

As always, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, I'll do my absolute best to answer.

For the purpose of those curious about the medicine ball, I'll be "that guy" and quote my last update since it did get buried kinda quick.

Well, the medicine ball is quite interesting. I would have never even thought to use one for my putting stroke. Thanks for the shameless rebump "James" Jman. Ive been trying to sneak your video here at work.

On another note I just got done talking with Mike Davis my SeeMore SPi instructor a little about my videos and putter. We had a very good conversation apparently he has been lurking around the thread here a bit haha. So basically he had some of the same thoughts as I did about which SeeMore M series putter to go with which makes me very happy. So that is on order and hopefully arrives next week or so. He is also sending me some stuff to work on this weekend with my putting. This is all very cool and pretty amazing to be honest.

m5x? If so, I'm feeling some jealousy right now.

m5x? If so, I'm feeling some jealousy right now.

If you were a betting man that would be a very good bet my friend.

Back