SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

ETA on the putter ball thingy? I want one!!

Haha that is always a good indication of if a testing thread is going well.

I'm getting one this year. It's destiny I think.

I wanted to give some props the the Jman and his instructor for that little medicine ball drill. I use one quite a bit for swing drills, but never thought to use it for my putting stroke. Just spent a 30 minutes in the basement and it was a god send to help me get my shoulders working again.

Wow what professional presentation jman, all the testers are doing a great job BTW, Seemore did a great job with all those putters!

I hope I'm getting one with my putter I'm very interested in using this as an aid to help me see my line better when standing over the ball.
<br />
<br />
Im pretty sure every SeeMore comes with one so we should get them with our putters.
SeeMore sent me one when I sent in the putter I won at the outing for then to reshaft, great folks to deal with for sure.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Well i had a interesting day..... Let me start off by telling everyone whats been going on with everything after my fitting on Wednesday with Andy he sent in my specs to Ted at SeeMore. I received an email from Ted on Thursday telling me that my putter was being built followed up an hour later by an email from Fed Ex saying my putter was being shipped. Let me tell you how excited i get when i know any putter is being delivered to me i get all giddy and this was no different i actually was more excited about getting this one because i havn't seen any of the M Series in person till my fitting with Andy and he didn't have the putter i ended up with so it was pretty exciting realizing it was being shipped.... Ted also sent me an email and said it would prob arrive mid week.... well i checked the tracking number and i found out it was gonna get delivered early it was gonna get dropped off today.... which was a problem because this morning i started a marathon shift at work 48 hours straight..... now i thought about it for a bit and realized i had to find someone to pick up my putter i didn't want to leave it out for 2 days i couldn't do that to any of my babies! , but who could i sucker or bribe into sitting at my house and waiting for the package to arrive. i then had my AHA moment... my dear old mom... so i bribed her and she agreed to not only sit and wait for Fed Ex to arrive but also deliver it to my work. so she waited at my house from 8:30 this morning till 1:30 and then drove a half hour to my work to drop it off so i could take pics and video and post my initial thoughts in the thread! don't feel to bad for my mom she'll be getting a really nice meal later this week. and she ended up shopping up near my work after wards.... Anyway she showed up at my work and i answered the door with knife in hand ready to get the box opened up. she wasn't really phased by this she knows i have a "problem" with putters and she knows how excited i was to start testing this one.

Before going any further, I need to make a quick Edit here from my old posts... i posted originally after my fitting that i was getting the mFGP2 but Andy and i were going back and forth between that and the mFGP but we ended up going with the mFGP2 due to the fact that it was in similar size to what i am currently gaming (a Bettinardi BC5) and i had some confidence with the mallet right now and wanted to stick with it for a little bit. But when i asked Ted to send me my Specs for my write up he emailed that i was getting the mFGP so i figured thats what i was getting either way it would have been completely fine with because Andy let me roll his that day and i really liked the way it looked and felt... So thats why there was some confusion on which putter i was getting. But i'm telling you it was really close between the two so when Ted sent email saying the mFGP i didn't even care. Anyway i got the mFGP2 which is what we did decide on.... Hope that isn't to confusing.... anyway moving on...

DSC00426.jpg

I really have a lot of thoughts about this putter right away so im gonna break down my unboxing review into parts. The first thing i noticed when i opened the box was the head cover and the grip on the putter. obviously, lol the grip i chose was an IOMIC black SeeMore grip i have used Iomic for years now and i usually throw them on most of my gamers i like a firmer grip and these are just the right feel for me. As for the head cover i ended up with the black Velcro headcover its really nice def not a cheap headcover i have quite a few and this is a really nice leather and fits on the head very nice. So right away i'm realizing the quality of the putter accessories are very nice, which to me says a lot about a putter company. Glad they don't chimp out on stuff like that...
DSC00444.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

The next thing i noticed was the shaft.... i know what you're thinking Buck really its just a shaft! but heres where your wrong. i love a different shaft on my putters i have messed with graphite and different finishes on my putter shafts and the seeMore has a very nice shaft and the bottom where the RST system lines up with is a different finish of the steel. its not painted black or powder coated. Now heres another reason why i really was glad to see that they upgraded their shafts.. My last SeeMore i owned i bought used from Ebay.... the idiot who had it before my didn't use a headcover on it ever apparently and it was banged up a little and the old shafts were either painted or powder coated on the Si3 and there were scratches and chunks of the black paint missing that i had to blacken with a black sharpie so that i wasn't distracted when trying to align the RST system. It worked pretty well but i also had another scratch down the road where the marker wore off. I'm glad to know with the finish i won't get any scratches that will take away from the black i need to hide the red dot in the RST system. Little things like this makes me realize that maybe SeeMore learned from its mistakes and has improved their products down the road and will continue to make their product better. and i LOVE stuff like this on putters its the little extras like a cool headcover or finished shafts or a cool grip that might make me just buy one just cause it has some cool things that sets it apart from something else that everyone else has. Also In the finished part of the shaft there is also a little SeeMore stamp which is really cool too.

DSC00431.jpg

So im slowly moving down the putter and undressing it along the way for those of you keeping track! (Yes i really have a problem)
Head shape and alignment are the next thing i really started looking at. the Shape is pretty close to what i am currently gaming and one of the reasons i went with the mFGP2. the weight of the SeeMore is 20 grams heavier and if you look at the next picture you can see how THICK the bottom of this putter is, i think thats one of the spots where the extra weight is at.... 20 grams is a pretty big difference and i can def feel the heavier head when i make a stroke i also really like the sightlines on this i have pondered getting 3 sight lines for some time now.. i have tried a lot of different alignment aids. 2 lines close, 2 lines farther away, one thick line,oval dots, and no lines but i don't think i've ever had 3 lines and i think if i can make sure my ball is centered and i can see its square more i think ill have more confidence over my putts. This is one of the biggest things im interested to see how it works out for me after i get some time with it. I really think with the 3 sight lines and the RST i will have more confidence at address.

Heres a pic of how THICK the bottom of the putter is.
DSC00439.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

Heres a pic of my SeeMore mFGP2 and my Bettinardi BC5 CS next to each other as you can see they are pretty close in size.
DSC00445.jpg

The next thing i looked at was the Milling... Honestly when i saw the thread go up for testing i was surprised when i realized the M was for MILLED!!!! i am not a fan of insert putters just my personal preference. i didn't even know SeeMore had Milled putters and was curious to how their milling was. The Milling is very fine and not very deep. i was kinda hoping for some deeper milling but im not passing judgement yet i havn't even rolled a putt with it yet. lol But you can def see they have some milling on there and im interested to see how the feel is with this one. i did roll a few with Andy's mFGP and i thought the feel was pretty good and im assuming this will be close but ill make my judgement on that after i have some time with it.

Really great pic of the milling on the face of these.... i really do like the semi dancing SeeMore stamped in the face. i like face stamping on my flat sticks.
DSC00443.jpg

another pic of the face.
DSC00437.jpg

The sole of the putter has a nice finish as does the rest of the putter i like the black Gun Metal carbon steel finish. i do love some black finished putters and this is about as dark as they get. really looks great and like it will hold up well against scratches and dings. But this will be babied like all of the rest of my flat sticks it stays in the headcover at all times when not draining birdie putts!!!!! heres a couple other pics of the putter i took

Pic of the Sole
DSC00438.jpg

Pic of the cavity
DSC00441.jpg

I also got some cool swag from SeeMore with my putter... i got a Hat,an extra grip which is longer and thicker than the Iomic on there, 2 stickers, a DVD, and the Triangulator. Im excited about getting some time in with the Triangulator i want to get some confidence with knowing my line is right while standing over the ball and i think this and the RST will help with that a lot.

Pic of all the Swag along with my sexy new flatstick!
DSC00435.jpg

Wanted to throw my Specs down here again quick for everyone

SeeMore MFGP2 Black GunMetal Finish
35 inches long
2.5* Loft
70* Lie Angle
350 Grams

I wanna Thank THP and SeeMore for the opportunity to test the Mseries out im Really looking forward to seeing how this helps or hinders my putting.

And last but not least a quick video i took with some thoughts i think i covered everything i wanted to if not ill post more later.

Bucky, awesome brother. TREMENDOUS pic's.

I genuinely believe you are going to LOVE it on the course and am really glad you went with the mFGP2 as I really do think it'll fit your eye the best.

I agree, the PVD finish on the shaft is exquisite as is the head's PVD finish itself. Just sleek as all get out.

Awesome dude! (and your mom kicks serious butt for being willing to take care of you with waiting and delivery! lol)

Wow Buck great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great job Buck...you really know your flatsticks, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts as you get further in.

I haven't seen those stickers before, but I need one...I would so rock the sticker on the bumper of the Hyundai Sonata.

LOL, love the "Striptease" of the putter, Buck. Great writeup and video! But you HAVE seen a milled SeeMore before...it just was left handed. :alien: The picture of the face really brought me back to when I unboxed my ONEcs for the first time...glad that you have your flatstick and can't wait to see you roll some putts with it sometime soon, bro!

Awesome write up Buck. That putter sure does look good. Some nice swag you got too dude.

Nice write up there, Buck. Gorgeous pics, that is one pretty putter man. Hope it works out well for you.

Buck that was a nice read my man and very beautiful putter. I'd say I'm surprised by the level of service but I'm not.

Buck, amazing write up and video recap. I'm having a lot of fun going through this thread. Great Thoughts you guys. SeeMore is definitely a first class company with the way the instructors are helping out. This thread will help me finally decide my next flat stick.

Good stuff, Buck.

I got in a spontaneous round with my mFGP2 today, just happened to have my clubs in the car while running some errands and couldn't resist a chance at stroking the SeeMore.

I wasn't surprised to see good results sooner than I have with any other previous putter changes. I haven't got to work with my fitter in person yet, but I will @ 10:00 A.M. Monday and I'm sure that will only increase my putts made. I shot a terrible 90, due to horrendous driving and woods in general, but I only had 24 putts (my PB). I honestly think the mFGP2 was the main reason for that, there will be no way I'll be changing from this putter. I just can't wait to do an legit write up on the best part of this experience (the fitting and SPi instruction, IMO) after Monday.

Great unboxing Buck! Very descriptive. Do you think the heavier weight will take some getting used too?

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using Tapatalk 2

Great unboxing Buck! Very descriptive. Do you think the heavier weight will take some getting used too?

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using Tapatalk 2

not really, as often as i switch putters or throw in a favorite on a nice day cause i wanna take it out, i've gotten pretty good at adjusting faster.

Good stuff, Buck.

I got in a spontaneous round with my mFGP2 today, just happened to have my clubs in the car while running some errands and couldn't resist a chance at stroking the SeeMore.

I wasn't surprised to see good results sooner than I have with any other previous putter changes. I haven't got to work with my fitter in person yet, but I will @ 10:00 A.M. Monday and I'm sure that will only increase my putts made. I shot a terrible 90, due to horrendous driving and woods in general, but I only had 24 putts (my PB). I honestly think the mFGP2 was the main reason for that, there will be no way I'll be changing from this putter. I just can't wait to do an legit write up on the best part of this experience (the fitting and SPi instruction, IMO) after Monday.

how many GIR did you hit?

Great write up, pics & vid Bj. You do realize of course that your mom is an enabler to your addiction. :laughing:

Seriously though, that was awfully nice of her to do that for you, it sounds like she is a great lady.

Good stuff, Buck.

What was it about the putter you liked? Was it easy to line up? 24 putts is low, what did you do once you reached the Greene complex that was different than before?

Great pics/videos and write-up Buck. You should feel pretty comfortable with your choice since it is almost identical in makeup to your Bettinardi. It's funny that OG and I have both owned at least 6-7 Seemore putters but have never done it through a proper fitting. We have always bought them online or from someone we know. I really envy the attention you guys are getting from Seemore. What a great company.

Great pics/videos and write-up Buck. You should feel pretty comfortable with your choice since it is almost identical in makeup to your Bettinardi. It's funny that OG and I have both owned at least 6-7 Seemore putters but have never done it through a proper fitting. We have always bought them online or from someone we know. I really envy the attention you guys are getting from Seemore. What a great company.

I couldn't agree more the one difference I do see between the two is my lie angle which I was never 100% comfortable with my Bettinardi. I had to adjust my stance to get the putter to lie flat on the green. Now the putter was adjusted so I can just make the proper stance and stroke the ball. I have been monkeying around with how I want to change my putting routine. I usually have a strict routine I follow and I want a routine where I can feel comfortable with everything. The lining up the RST is adding some time I'm standing over the ball so I might adjust it a little bit. Plus Andy suggested I take some practice strokes before addressing the ball which I havnt done for a very long time. So I gotta see where I wanna do that at also. Prob spend a lot of time on the practice green once I get out of work tomorrow morning seeing what's comfortable and finding a solid routine that's quick and works for me.

just caught up on this thread. Great writeups from Freddie, Buck, and JMan! I'll have to check out all the pics later since they aren't coming through at work.

I'm intrigued by the medicine ball. Seems like such a simple idea and yet i never would have thought of it. Might pick up a cheap medicine ball and give it a shot.

Keep the great work guys!

I couldn't agree more the one difference I do see between the two is my lie angle which I was never 100% comfortable with my Bettinardi. I had to adjust my stance to get the putter to lie flat on the green. Now the putter was adjusted so I can just make the proper stance and stroke the ball. I have been monkeying around with how I want to change my putting routine. I usually have a strict routine I follow and I want a routine where I can feel comfortable with everything. The lining up the RST is adding some time I'm standing over the ball so I might adjust it a little bit. Plus Andy suggested I take some practice strokes before addressing the ball which I havnt done for a very long time. So I gotta see where I wanna do that at also. Prob spend a lot of time on the practice green once I get out of work tomorrow morning seeing what's comfortable and finding a solid routine that's quick and works for me.

I have some of the same thoughts and concerns about the routine. Ive taken to the pick the line and putt the ball routine which is a faster way to play but I may have to adjust that now. I have one SeeMore in my collection so I may take it out today so I can start getting used to the RST again and try a new routine incorporating it.

So I told you guys that you inspired me to take the old Seemore out and get her back in play. Only got to play 9 holes(hoping today is 18 at least) and I felt really good walking off the course. First off my GIR's were not spectacular that day. My misses were not bad though and put me in position to chip or putt. Some of my off the green putts were awesome. One was truly like a British Open type off the green 5 yards but putted through some crud. Anyway my stats were really good. I had 12 putts for 9 holes. Now my GIR's were only 33% but my putts after GIR were 1.7 which is pretty good for me. My 5 foot putting was dead on. Just nailed everything. That RST just flat out works. Takes a lot of what I do wrong out of the equation. Thanks guys!

Back