SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

So I told you guys that you inspired me to take the old Seemore out and get her back in play. Only got to play 9 holes(hoping today is 18 at least) and I felt really good walking off the course. First off my GIR's were not spectacular that day. My misses were not bad though and put me in position to chip or putt. Some of my off the green putts were awesome. One was truly like a British Open type off the green 5 yards but putted through some crud. Anyway my stats were really good. I had 12 putts for 9 holes. Now my GIR's were only 33% but my putts after GIR were 1.7 which is pretty good for me. My 5 foot putting was dead on. Just nailed everything. That RST just flat out works. Takes a lot of what I do wrong out of the equation. Thanks guys!

Dang 12 putts is awesome Chunky. Regardless of GIR's or not unless you chipped all 12 to within a foot for tap ins 12 is a nice number. What SeeMore do you have again?

What was it about the putter you liked? Was it easy to line up? 24 putts is low, what did you do once you reached the Greene complex that was different than before?

The RST has been the biggest help for me, so far. My biggest putting issue has been starting a putt with the face slightly closed and it has been a huge help in stopping that, now I have to get more consistent with my stroke. I also picked up a medicine ball (thank you Jman) and have been using that. I may have looked like a fool on the practice green, but if that is going to help get me such a low number of putts per round, I'll wear a dress also if need be. I didn't do anything different yesterday, just lined them up and stroked them, the RST is just a huge confidence booster for me.

What I found when I switched to a SeeMore is that I focused too much on the RST. Are the testers finding that?

So I told you guys that you inspired me to take the old Seemore out and get her back in play. Only got to play 9 holes(hoping today is 18 at least) and I felt really good walking off the course. First off my GIR's were not spectacular that day. My misses were not bad though and put me in position to chip or putt. Some of my off the green putts were awesome. One was truly like a British Open type off the green 5 yards but putted through some crud. Anyway my stats were really good. I had 12 putts for 9 holes. Now my GIR's were only 33% but my putts after GIR were 1.7 which is pretty good for me. My 5 foot putting was dead on. Just nailed everything. That RST just flat out works. Takes a lot of what I do wrong out of the equation. Thanks guys!

That was pretty much my exact results yesterday, I played bad, but putted well when I got there. I must say I was torn in my happiness though, I had 24 putts, but shot 90. lol

Good read Buck!! Great looking putter.

What I found when I switched to a SeeMore is that I focused too much on the RST. Are the testers finding that?
I Was following it, or trying to to see if it ever showed through the stroke. But once I saw it didn't I stopped.
The RST has been the biggest help for me, so far. My biggest putting issue has been starting a putt with the face slightly closed and it has been a huge help in stopping that, now I have to get more consistent with my stroke. I also picked up a medicine ball (thank you Jman) and have been using that. I may have looked like a fool on the practice green, but if that is going to help get me such a low number of putts per round, I'll wear a dress also if need be. I didn't do anything different yesterday, just lined them up and stroked them, the RST is just a huge confidence booster for me.
this is what I noticed as well. My lines were left of the hole on my traditional set up. The sight lines and rst really help.

I know some other people have said this was a slight issue with them. I have taken a bunch of swings now just trying to instill this new grip into my muscle memory and I still am looking at a spot an inch in front of my ball during my stroke so I'm not looking at the RST during my stroke. I never watched my putter before during my stroke before so I'm not starting now. I also know the RST isn't gonna stay lined up during your stroke so you won't be able to hide the red dot during your stroke. As for lining it up before hand its pretty easy and becoming quicker and quicker getting it lined up properly now that I'm getting used to how it should be at address.

Dang 12 putts is awesome Chunky. Regardless of GIR's or not unless you chipped all 12 to within a foot for tap ins 12 is a nice number. What SeeMore do you have again?

Ha definitely not all tap ins. The one putt from off the green was sick. Thank god no one was around because I sat there for a good 3 minutes deciding. It was an uncomfortably short chip and an uncomfortably long putt through some grass. Left that one to 2 feet. I have the Si1. A great little mid mallet. I love that thing. Betti is shelved for the foreseeable future. Just booked 18 at a course right down the road. Best part is that it's a play all day place. I figure the course will be dead since it's 1000 degrees out. Might be able to get 36 in before I die. Fast greens at this place so a good test for the Seemore

That was pretty much my exact results yesterday, I played bad, but putted well when I got there. I must say I was torn in my happiness though, I had 24 putts, but shot 90. lol

Hey now! I said I was close to the greens lol

Ha definitely not all tap ins. The one putt from off the green was sick. Thank god no one was around because I sat there for a good 3 minutes deciding. It was an uncomfortably short chip and an uncomfortably long putt through some grass. Left that one to 2 feet. I have the Si1. A great little mid mallet. I love that thing. Betti is shelved for the foreseeable future. Just booked 18 at a course right down the road. Best part is that it's a play all day place. I figure the course will be dead since it's 1000 degrees out. Might be able to get 36 in before I die. Fast greens at this place so a good test for the Seemore

Its like you think youre Tiger or something stalking the putt from every angle and thinking about it for 8 minutes before doing anything. Respect! Im just really excited to get my SeeMore here and play with it so Im going to take the one I have out today. Its not the m5x but after looking at it again it is an M series, haha I didnt eve know I had one. I have the M8 so its going out today. Who knew better putting was just sitting down there in my collection.

Not at all. I only use it as an alignment aid and it basically helps me check my stance now. I never ever watch it in the stroke, it's all about the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never watched the RST through the stroke. But I did have moments wheb I would line up a putt from behind the ball. Get over the ball and the RST wouldn't line up comfortably. It caused me to panic a little. I have back off of a few putts because I just wasn't comfortable with the RST.

I just like it because I know if I'm seeing the red dot then I'm either opened or closed with the face but most likely my stance is off from my putter position and line. As I continue to practice and use it, it really is becoming pick my line address and check the RST and then its just a rock of the shoulders. I can see how some might be drawn to it and overfocusing and get that, but I love that I know if it is showing then something is off with me.

When I first started testing and using the RST I went through some of that, just had the RST in my head too much. But, after a short time I sort of forgot about it. The setup just put the putter in the right spot and an occasional check of the RST is all I really ever do now. I spent yesterday really concentrating on rocking the shoulders and keeping the grip more in the fingers, that's going to take some practice and time to get back to. I was making beautiful rolls and my distances were much better, but while I had no 3 putts I made very few putts over 6 feet. Burnt the right edge all day long.

When I first started testing and using the RST I went through some of that, just had the RST in my head too much. But, after a short time I sort of forgot about it. The setup just put the putter in the right spot and an occasional check of the RST is all I really ever do now. I spent yesterday really concentrating on rocking the shoulders and keeping the grip more in the fingers, that's going to take some practice and time to get back to. I was making beautiful rolls and my distances were much better, but while I had no 3 putts I made very few putts over 6 feet. Burnt the right edge all day long.

Its tough to ingrain isn't it Duey? I battle with feeling like I have control of the putter still a bit with the narrow grip but when I DO let my shoulders do the work the roll is a tight and pure as I could hope for. Its just repetition and getting a feel for distance control still for me. I do love that I'm picking my line and the ball is going there now, with as left as everything in my old setup was, that rarely happened.

Its tough to ingrain isn't it Duey? I battle with feeling like I have control of the putter still a bit with the narrow grip but when I DO let my shoulders do the work the roll is a tight and pure as I could hope for. Its just repetition and getting a feel for distance control still for me. I do love that I'm picking my line and the ball is going there now, with as left as everything in my old setup was, that rarely happened.

Yea, I'm loving the roll, I just have to get a little better at reading the greens. Towards the end of the day I was releasing the putter head much better and they started dropping, so that's part of the puzzle as well for me.

Yea, I'm loving the roll, I just have to get a little better at reading the greens. Towards the end of the day I was releasing the putter head much better and they started dropping, so that's part of the puzzle as well for me.

I'll type up more of my thoughts tonight/tomorrow in a review post...but...as frustrated as I can get at times with a swing change (yes, even with a putter) and how unsure/uncomfrtable it can be, its been easy for me to see the light at the end. I've missed a couple 4 footers with lip outs and been about batty, but I've drained a couple 20+ foot breakers I never would have and became giddy like a schoolgirl. I can see the light and that makes it worth the going pains.

I want to be a better putter. I genuinely long for it and am willing to work for it.

I'll type up more of my thoughts tonight/tomorrow in a review post...but...as frustrated as I can get at times with a swing change (yes, even with a putter) and how unsure/uncomfrtable it can be, its been easy for me to see the light at the end. I've missed a couple 4 footers with lip outs and been about batty, but I've drained a couple 20+ foot breakers I never would have and became giddy like a schoolgirl. I can see the light and that makes it worth the going pains.

I want to be a better putter. I genuinely long for it and am willing to work for it.

I couldn't agree more with your last 2 sentences. I put so much work into my short game the last two years and it's lowered my handicap so much. Now I'm ready to bring my putting to the next level. I really wanna have 30 or under putts a round consistently. Or under 2.0 putts per GIR would prob be a better starting goal.

I'm glad you guys are testing these right now. Last year, I really followed the thread that was going on. I happened to review a Seemore right around that time and spent quite a bit of time throwing myself into the O'Brien method. I felt like it made me a better putter, but as time went on I sort of just quit focusing on it. Some things stayed for me, like the upright posture and grip, but other things really didn't. Regardless of that, the thread was really inspirational to me in many ways.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and my instructor tells me to forward press more to get a firmer lead wrist. I'm always desperate to fix something, so I practiced it. Truth be told, it worked fine, especially with keeping my wrist firm. The problem was that I felt like I had to open my shoulders up and it felt like I was really tense. Then I read Buck's little write-up and he's talking about forward press and the inconsistencies that it introduces. Then I see Jman swinging a medicine ball around, which is something I've done for my full swing with some good results. Long story short, I'm going to stick with something I know that works. It only took me about 30 minutes inside and 45 minutes on the putting green to feel like I was a lot more neutral and putting a nice roll on the ball the way that I was last year.

Rolled it pretty good today to the tune of 31 putts, including a good number in that 5-10 foot range that I don't make many of. For a guy that usually calls 34-35 a good day, that's pretty damn good. On top of that, my speed was really good all day. Rock those shoulders! I even took a few pretend medicine ball strokes before setting up to get the feel I wanted. I suppose it's all because of you guys and the interaction Seemore has with this forum, so thanks for the hard work!

Hawk that's comforting to hear. I'm on my way to putt and I have all these things in my head. Upright stance and grip being the main things. I have to watch the Pat O DVD again cuz it goes against what I've been taught but makes perfect sense. We'll see how today goes

The stance was probably the hardest for me at first, but it didn't take long. The best part of the Seemore for me was always that I knew my ball position was right and I was set up right. No guesswork.

During this testing last year someone suggested I was not finishing my stroke and holding the pose at the end would help. It did! Just my .02, but would love to hear the testers thoughts.

Good stuff hawk. I'm seeing a better roll when I'm getting in the proper stance and grip. Just gotta make sure everything is right before I roll my putt. I rolled putts on a thin carpet today at work for about a half hour and my distance control was really good and the best part was I think I only missed 2 short. Which is my big miss usually. Really wonder how much my forward press was screwing with my distance control now.

The stance was probably the hardest for me at first, but it didn't take long. The best part of the Seemore for me was always that I knew my ball position was right and I was set up right. No guesswork.

I just hit 100 putts and after the first couple I started feeling more comfortable. It's making my stroke feel
effortless and my hands just seem to be resting in the grip. I'll have my right up a little later

Back