SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

well i did it. Threw on the Feeltec oversized SeeMore Grip...... carpet putted for a bit just now feels pretty good i really think im gonna like it more for my longer putts still. but it looks like it might get thrown into the fire tomorrow for a round. well see if it pans out or not if not i'll def be hitting the practice green with it and have an update for you.

i'm loving the orange headcover though. looks really durable and wipes clean easily with the synthetic material its made from.

Looks like a great improvement BBB!

Thanks, I have seen a marked improvement in my ability to putt on my intended line.

I'm curious why people feel like they need to have such a soft grip on their putters. I am not strangling my grip ever but seems to me some people not calling anyone out here just genuinely curious on why they feel they need a soft grip. I found out an interesting story about Ben Crenshaw saying hold it like a baby bird. Years later apparently he said in an interview he meant to say a baby hawk. I don't like holding it to soft. I guess maybe its just personal preference. I do like holding it more in my fingers now. Just curious how everyone else feels about it.

Grip tension is relative, but I agree with what Tadashi wrote above about making a smoother stroke with less tension in my forearms.

+1, you can really tell a difference on those shots, has it become more natural or do you still find yourself going back to the old posture?

Thanks, it has become very natural now, I don't even have to fight the urge to forward press anymore.

well i did it. Threw on the Feeltec oversized SeeMore Grip...... carpet putted for a bit just now feels pretty good i really think im gonna like it more for my longer putts still. but it looks like it might get thrown into the fire tomorrow for a round. well see if it pans out or not if not i'll def be hitting the practice green with it and have an update for you.

i'm loving the orange headcover though. looks really durable and wipes clean easily with the synthetic material its made from.

Buck, I look forward to the on course thoughts about the grip. I was just ok with the one I had on my SB2, but we are all different!

The HC looks awesome, I like the yellow one alot...if they'd do lime green, I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to see how it works for you.

Buck, I look forward to the on course thoughts about the grip. I was just ok with the one I had on my SB2, but we are all different!

The HC looks awesome, I like the yellow one alot...if they'd do lime green, I'm in!

yeah i never tried anything bigger before and this one is still more of a midsized IMO. i just loved the texture and how firm it was. i got some time to mess with it before my pro am so worse comes to worse i throw a Iomic on it again before then.

yeah i never tried anything bigger before and this one is still more of a midsized IMO. i just loved the texture and how firm it was. i got some time to mess with it before my pro am so worse comes to worse i throw a Iomic on it again before then.

I agree on the sizing, I quite like the texture of the FeelTec's for sure as well as the harder edges. Something was just amiss for me, no idea what really though.

I agree on the sizing, I quite like the texture of the FeelTec's for sure as well as the harder edges. Something was just amiss for me, no idea what really though.

its a strange shape for me but like i said i do like that my fingers can wrap around the grip more and they don't feel as scrunched. i think if the weather is nice im gonna play tomorrow see how it works on the course with no practice thats always a great idea! lol

its a strange shape for me but like i said i do like that my fingers can wrap around the grip more and they don't feel as scrunched. i think if the weather is nice im gonna play tomorrow see how it works on the course with no practice thats always a great idea! lol

Hahaha, it's always an adventure!

I'm going to have to change mine as the butt cap is coming off, I think it's a combo of the butt weight in my mFGP2 and it must've got caught on something. It's about halfway off.

Hahaha, it's always an adventure!

I'm going to have to change mine as the butt cap is coming off, I think it's a combo of the butt weight in my mFGP2 and it must've got caught on something. It's about halfway off.

Jman! Come see me at The Territory - I will get you fixed up with a new grip and we can tee it up!

Jman! Come see me at The Territory - I will get you fixed up with a new grip and we can tee it up!

I need to for sure Brady! I'll holler soon! Weekends doable since I'm in class now?

Reference Links:

Spoiler

Latest Review:

8/20/12
Northshore Golf Club
9 Hole SeeMore m5 testing
Bridgestone B330S
Hot and Humid

Yesterday evening I spent the better part of two hours working out with the 2lbs SeeMore weight ball, between commercials. I'd simply get into my posture and practice my putting stroke with the ball. This work out carried over on to the greens today. I typically have an 18" comebacker if I have missed my first putt. I'd say I average at least 4' today.My stroke wasn't any longer but the speed i was getting the through the ball was stronger than usual. I was actually hitting it through the break. The good news is that I hit every combacker I looked at. No three putts todays!

As I walked off the 6th green it occured to me that I have become much more regimented with my putting. Not stiff and robotic but my routine is the same before each putt and I wondered if I am becoming to mechanical. My stroke still flows but I refuse to rush the routine; I hit no putts until I am ready. The routine has helped me go through my check list but I want to make sure the process doesn't become to rigged.

The Round:

Spoiler
Hole123456789Total
Distance (Yds)3013824544243672355591386113471
Par44444353536
Score34455453538
Fairway Hit - - 57%
GiR 56%
Putts12112222215
To Par-1-1-1E+1+2+2+2+2+2

I hit 5 GIR and had 15 putts with 3 one putts, two of which were on missed greens. And as I stated earlier I was really puting some healthy pace on all of my putts. I had a few 5 footer coming back after running my initial putt past the hole. Everyone of the putts looked as if it was going in but would flash by the hole. I honestly though they were going to finish just past the hole. But as each putt approached the hole I realized it was going to stop. I also realized that the ball was rolling so well, very smooth with tight end over end motion. My mood might not be so positive had I mssed any of the comebackers. The funny thing is that I was not swinging the putter any hard than usual. The green weren't running too fast or faster than normal but the ball just had some pace.

I am going to continue using the weighted ball a few times a week and hope this effortless power continues. I'll be spending sometime on the practice green prior to my round on Thursday as the green at I am playing tend to be very quick and are not as flat as my usual greens. Speed will be a premium if I am going to make any putts. I'm confident that my reduction in reads is working and I do not plan on going way from it especailly if I am making all of my comebackers. When all the pieces finally come together I am confident I will be well below the 30 putt mark on the regular.

Good to hear Freddie. Interested to see what you think of the ball as time goes on if your distance on first putts tighten up.

nice write up Freddie... i know the medicine ball has helped me with my shoulder rock i do it a lot when im watching TV

Well, I unhoarded an item and got myself a used FGP2 at 35 inches for less than the unhoard cash stash. Got a very nice deal on it and should arrive tomorrow. Pretty excited to see what I can do with a CS in the bag, though I really feel like I'm lacking ALOT in the green reading area and that's what is holding me back from breaking through.

My speed control has been very good since I really started working on the O'Brien method again. Another thing I'm really seeing improvement in is the 4-8 foot range, which was always a struggle for me. I think using the shoulder rock lets me be a little more firm and I'm less likely to wussy the putt up there.

I'm happy to see how many easy 2-putts I am getting, but the burned edges do make me think that I could drop at least 2-4 putts per round off my score with some better reads. I think I need the triangulator or something. Or I need to alter how I practice a little. I'm not really sure.

Nice Freddie. I do agree with the gained "effortless power" aspect from the medicine ball routine. I really love it and no matter what putter(s) lie in my future that will remain a daily practice routine for me. SO GOOD!

Nice writeup Tadashi! Glad to see the Seemore weight ball is helping. Reducing reads is something I am trying to work on, but the problem is I am not making enough of the comebackers leading to too many three putts. I cant wait to follow your journey as you get well below 30 putt average!

I hope to test a Seemore in Des Moines and join the club

congrats on the new flatstick Hawk!

just got back from my first round with the new grip and i gotta say i had an up and down round with the putter today. i didn't practice at all with the new grip on really. just went out and played with it. had 30 putts with one 3 putt. so wasn't horrible by any means but i have a Ton of interesting thoughts on this grip and what i saw today. i just don't have time to do a full write up right now. going to practice tomorrow and give putting a good chunk of time. really surprising how much a grip can make on a putter. really kinda opened my mind and made me think about a few things. really want to see some more things while practicing tomorrow to see if everything i saw today was true or not. i'm kinda torn already on what to do with the grip. lol i really am interested to see how i do after some serious time tomorrow though. Full write up tomorrow afternoon on my round and practice session with it.

Nice teaser Buck, I'm now anxious to hear your thoughts and ponderings

Nice teaser Buck, I'm now anxious to hear your thoughts and ponderings

i wish i had more time... lol i got a date and its not with one of my putters!

Wrong thread but go get em!

Edit: (back on topic) how is that new grip working for you?

What time are you picking me up stud? And dont forget to bring some balls... :bulgy-eyes: to putt with of course.

So were still waiting to hear how you like that new grip huh?

What time are you picking me up stud? And dont forget to bring some balls... :bulgy-eyes: to putt with of course.

So were still waiting to hear how you like that new grip huh?

I dunno how I like it yet. Distance control was off today. But maybe in a good way. I def didn't hate it.

Nice Freddie. I do agree with the gained "effortless power" aspect from the medicine ball routine. I really love it and no matter what putter(s) lie in my future that will remain a daily practice routine for me. SO GOOD!

I do agree that the sholder rock is the key with any putter. I ended up switching to a putter (different brand) I felt better with for allignment, but the key is still in the Pat O'Brien stroke teachings for me. One of the keys in this is the step in his video where he hangs his shoulders as you do when you hold the palms up. I want that same feel right before making the stroke motion. When the shoulder go up or shrug I involve the wrong muscles and pull it most of the time.

Date: August 21,2012 / August 22,2012
Temp/conditions: 80* Dry
Green Speed conditions: fast
Course: Ravens Claw Golf Course / Royal Manchester Golf Links

Total Putts: 30
GIR: 10/18
Putts Per GIR: 1.9
Putts Per Hole: 1.7

Heres what this review is all about!

DSC00701-1.jpg

Ok so as you know by now i switched grips to try out the SeeMore FeelTec oversized grip on my mFGP2. i originally had a Iomic grip on it which i LOVE i always put Iomics on most of my putters but after playing a round with Kmac i've been pondering the Feeltec and an oversized grip in general. the Feeltec is the first oversized that i've seen and held in person that i really though i may like it. its one of the firmest oversized grips i have ever held. one of the biggest reasons i have been pondering it since i saw his. Now even as Tad mentioned in one of his posts he asked why i wanted to change grips if i have been happy and putting well with the Iomic on my SeeMore. Great question.... the answer is because i have to find the perfect putter that i can drain every single putt with and you can't do that unless you try every thing! lol seriously its the biggest reason i changed. a lot of people say its helped their putting a lot and although i don't believe i get handsy with my putting to often. i honestly just wanted to try it out and see if i liked it plus i change grips myself so if i don't like it its an quick and easy fix.

Comparison pics of my old style and new grip side by side.
DSC00701.jpg
DSC00702.jpg

So after changing the grip 2 nights ago and carpet putting for a few minutes i almost immediately noticed something and i have noticed it in my round yesterday and practicing today. That is my putts are rolling further than i expect. the perfect distance control that i have been seeing was pretty much blown away from what i have been seeing since i started this testing with my SeeMore... BUT i honestly dunno if its in a bad way or not. Let me explain, before almost all of my putts would die at the hole or right before it or right after it. i was seeing a lot of putts roll a foot or 2 past the hole on a lot of my putts during my round especially yesterday, i feel like the ball is traveling further than it did with the same stroke as before with the smaller grip. and heres the reason i personally think is why and the reason i am semi concerned about the grip for me personally although i think i can still game it if i put more time in with it. So with the new grip theres more surface contact for my hands to be in contact with the grip. my right hand especially i can feel when i am making my putting stroke it pushing the grip forward. i know it sounds kinda strange maybe but i feel that my hand has more contact with the grip and im able to push more easily. so although i am almost certain i am making the same stroke that i would with the smaller grip i am actually giving my putts more energy from my stroke than before because more energy is being transferred into my stroke due to the more surface contact with my grip. i may be WAY off base here but its what i have been thinking and after todays practice i spend 1.5 hours practicing with the grip. i still think the same thing. now its not like my distances are way off either im saying maybe a foot or 2 but its consistent so i know with some time practicing that i should be able to get a feel for the new distances and maybe that will be better. it also looks like my arc isn't as big as it was before again not a huge difference just slightly smaller than before.

More on the distance control 7 of my 2 putts yesterday, almost all of them actually were within a foot that i missed and had tap ins. the big difference was seeing my ball roll past the hole instead of dying right at it. this was difficult for me to see to a part and i think yesterday especially before seeing my numbers and how well i actually putted yesterday that i was putting bad, but i think it was because before i used to BLOW putts by the hole a lot this was a while ago a few years maybe but was a huge problem and i think mentally that still creeps into my head and prob why im a die the ball into the hole putter to this day.

I noticed on my video that i have below that i am still decelerating a bit on my putts and not following through on my stroke. i dunno how much that has to do with the grip but i did work on that more after i took the video i prob should have taken one later also the video was shot in the first 30 minutes i was putting. since there wasn't anyone else around on the putting green. i also think that if i start thinking to much about how this grip makes the ball go further than im used to i may decel more but i am gonna work on my distance control with this grip more now like i did today and by the end of my practice session i was putting much better.

As for the shorter putts with confidence i think i gained a little bit with this grip.

Round Recap....
30 Putts with 10/18 GIR i thought was decent only had 2 birdies both 1 putts and i did have a 3 putt which was only a 12' putt to start just mishit it to 4' and missed that putt also. so decent round IMO i was happy especially with no practice time with the grip.

Like last time rounded anything inside of a foot up to 1 foot
  • 40+ Feet - 2 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 10 and 6 feet
  • 30-39 Feet - 0 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
  • 20-29 Feet - 3 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 4,1, and 1 feet
  • 15-19 Feet - 0 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
  • 10-14 Feet - 5 Attempt(s) and 2 Made
    • Made 10 and 10 Feet
    • Left 1,4, and 2 feet
  • 5-9 Feet - 8 Attempt(s) and 5 Made
    • Made 7,6,5 and 6 feet
    • Left 1,1,1 feet
  • 2-4 Feet - 3 Attempt(s) and 2 Made
    • Made from 4 and 4 feet
    • Left 1 foot
  • 2 Feet and In - 9 Attempt(s) and 9 Made
    • Made all
So all in all it was a really solid putting round for me. made some decent putts and made a few longer putts to make birdie or save par. im interested to see if my putting improves more with this grip or not. i know the extra practice im putting in has helped also.

Heres a video of todays practice session. First time getting some real practice time with the FeelTec grip. spent 1.5 hours today working with it.

You guys are doing a great job in this testing! Lots of good information here. I'm still pondering a new putter for next season and it will start here. I've gone back a few pages to see what's going on with each of you but I have a lot of catch-up to do over this last month. Keep it coming guys!

Back