SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

You can play it for a round buddy. I have the FGP2 in the bag for now.

Jman, I agree that more 'real-life' practice will probably help you. Should sharpen your instincts a bit I imagine.

I'm just as enamored now by the SPi method as I was at first. It really and truly JUST WORKS. I honestly don't know if I see something permanently unseating my mFGP2 from the "gamer" role full time, mainly because I'm just so confident in it now both as far as roll and feel (sound) but also just look at address...that is what I've been searching and searching for in a putter for a long time now.

I have to second this. The method and my routine have settled in now, and confidence is at an all time high. I can't think of any way that I would want to replace my m5x with.

Just went back over the last 25 pages or so to catch up. Some great scores and putts per round being posted in here. Couple of questions:

1. Is there any forward press in the PO putting technique or are the SeeMore putters built where no forward press is needed?
2. In the whole PO putting technique, what would you say the most important thing to his technique is? Standing tall? Approach to the ball/stance? Swinging with the shoulders?
3. If you could take one practice technique away from your SeeMore testing, which practice drill would it be?

Pretty cool Freddie that your instructor is going to be on Big Break.

Thanks guys!

Just went back over the last 25 pages or so to catch up. Some great scores and putts per round being posted in here. Couple of questions:

1. Is there any forward press in the PO putting technique or are the SeeMore putters built where no forward press is needed?
2. In the whole PO putting technique, what would you say the most important thing to his technique is? Standing tall? Approach to the ball/stance? Swinging with the shoulders?
3. If you could take one practice technique away from your SeeMore testing, which practice drill would it be?

Thanks guys!

Great questions nate! These are my thoughts:

PO is not pro-forward press. Part of the SeeMore and RST system is based around having the putter face square to the ball at address/impact, not de-lofted. PO talks about the forward press in his video and explains that the technique was developed in a different era, where golfers needed to "punch" the ball to get it moving on shaggier putting surfaces.

I already stood pretty tall prior to starting this testing so that was not a major change for me. In my opinion, the thought and feel of putting from the shoulders has had more of an effect than anything. My distance control is so much better when I have a good shoulder rock going and if I ever leave a putt really short, I immediately know that I was too tense or "handsy" with my putt.

I was a little late in the game to picking up the medicine ball but I really do love that drill now that I have one. As much as I love that drill though, I really love using the Triangulator on the practice green. I have found that has really helped my eyes adjust to trusting my line when I am over the ball.

Thanks guys!

1. I have no forward press in my technique. I really never have done a forward press, so this was not a change for me, which made it easy.

2. Neutrality. Let me expand on that a little. Keeping a good posture with neutral hand and ball position seems to be a core component. But, as long as you can accomplish a comfortable stance, SeeMore can fit a putter for you.

3. Medicine ball. I love the Triangulator as a training tool, and it has helped me find some good things to add to me putting routine, but the medicine ball is a great tool for continuing training.

Thanks guys!

1 there's no forward press in my putting anymore. Not with the RST no need for it really. My distance control has never been better I think because my loft on my putter never changes now.

2- standing tall and shoulders I think are the big 2 for me. I still catch myself slouching sometimes but when I fix it my stroke is much smoother.

3- tough call I love the triangulator big confidence builder but I also like the quarter nickel dime drill I just stumbled across use both of them a lot. Oh and the medicine ball. Lol I guess I can't pick just one.

This may be a huge skim, but any of you testers try the forward press much?

I used it until I got my SeeMore and it just didn't seem to fit with the new technique for me.

Thanks guys!

1) I've never forward pressed regardless of the offset of the putter I was using at the time. To me with all the research I'd done and knowledge I'd gained about the putters themselves, forward pressing never made any sense at all to me because it allows/leads-to an inconsistent loft on your putter every single time you putt the ball. How on EARTH would you know you were forward pressing the exact same every time? The SPi method and Brady reaffirmed this to me, with it you get the same set up, the same loft, and the same roll. To me it couldn't make more sense.

2) My answer would be all of them because it works in concert as a system to take all of the variables out of the equation no matter what type of putter you are using and I genuinely believe that. Standing taller put my eyes into better position and posture thus changing the stance/approach itself, and the rock of the shoulders is simple and easy. Your hands don't need to do anything but be along for the ride, how long of a putt you want is simply dictated by the size of your shoulder rock. Put it all together and it couldn't make more sense to me, it flat out works.

3) If I could? LOL.... I will take away with me forever more the medicine ball drill. I firmply believe there is nothing that has helped me as much as that drill. Isolating the shoulders and training yourself to JUST rock them by using the heavy ball is so simple yet SO brilliant. I'll never ever not use that drill.

I used it until I got my SeeMore and it just didn't seem to fit with the new technique for me.

I've always had very strict beliefs against ever, ever, ever forward pressing like I said up top to Nate's #1.

i used it religiously for about the last 2-3 years..... i don't miss it at all. honestly i don't see anything that would make me start doing it again after seeing how well i am putting without doing it. i think it just adds another variable to your putting. which is the exact opposite of what SeeMore Putters try to do for you. they try to make everything simple and exactly the same every time..... like my SPI instructor Andy told me how do you know your are forward pressing the same amount every time? you are changing your loft and theres no wonder your distance control isn't as good as it should be with the amount of golf i play. really made sense to me..... when an instructor says something like that that just is kinda so obvious and really makes sense, but you never really thought about it before like that it really opens your eyes and my distance control is 1000 times better now than before. not saying it was just the forward press but i do know thats part of the reason for sure.

Jman I completely agree there is no substitute for out of door putting. Mechanics are one thing but a feel for the greens is something completely different.
I know three putts can be frustrating but the other side of that is you know why. 12 GIR is good on any planet. And having a go to in performance and looks is key. Keep it rolling bro, keep it rolling

I have not used a forward press since moving to the SeeMore. It's not needed with the rolls I am getting with the m5.

Jman I completely agree there is no substitute for out of door putting. Mechanics are one thing but a feel for the greens is something completely different.
I know three putts can be frustrating but the other side of that is you know why. 12 GIR is good on any planet. And having a go to in performance and looks is key. Keep it rolling bro, keep it rolling

Thanks Freddie! During the summer I just PLAYED so much that I did the majority of practice indoors rather than after the round (plus I was sucking up to the wife by cooking dinner every night so is putt on the tour links whilst cooking! Hahaha). Now though with me getting to the course after school, there's going to be alot more practice sessions out there. I'll take 12 GIR's every day for sure though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how did you make out with your putting today Freddie? those kind of courses are usually a great test.....

just was oogling over on SeeMores site.... the platinum M2 looks amazing! wanted to look at more pics after i saw pics of JBs again in another thread today.

Had an m2 once (surprise, right? Hahahaha) and I just didn't get along with the more heel side shaft as much as I do a true center shaft. I do like the m1 though, hence why I grabbed one! Hehe

Had an m2 once (surprise, right? Hahahaha) and I just didn't get along with the more heel side shaft as much as I do a true center shaft. I do like the m1 though, hence why I grabbed one! Hehe

i'd like to tinker with one.... (surprise, right? lol) hahahaha seriously they look really good. i really do like the look you don't see shafts like that very often i think i would like it.

I bought a M3 Prototype B milled from KellyBo. It won't come for a while but in the meantime I'm trying to bone up on all things SeeMore. Watched the videos. Started reading this thread. I have questions:
1. Tadashi (I think - it is a long thread) mentioned using a training ball and how it led to him hitting the ball further. Which ball is he referring to? I saw an orange training ball on the SeeMore site but the video that accompanies it shows household products instead of the orange ball. What does the orange ball do?
2. What is the heavy ball drill?
3. Can someone give me the Cliff Notes version of how to get started adjusting to SeeMore? I am thinking the posture stuff from the PO video...anything else?

Thanks!

I bought a M3 Prototype B milled from KellyBo. It won't come for a while but in the meantime I'm trying to bone up on all things SeeMore. Watched the videos. Started reading this thread. I have questions:
1. Tadashi (I think - it is a long thread) mentioned using a training ball and how it led to him hitting the ball further. Which ball is he referring to? I saw an orange training ball on the SeeMore site but the video that accompanies it shows household products instead of the orange ball. What does the orange ball do?
2. What is the heavy ball drill?
3. Can someone give me the Cliff Notes version of how to get started adjusting to SeeMore? I am thinking the posture stuff from the PO video...anything else?

Thanks!

the Ball is the orange ball its like a mini medicine ball its for sale on SeeMores site and its worth every penny. it helps you learn to putt by rocking your shoulders.

do yourself a huge favor and go on youtube and search for seemore putters they have a TON of great videos talking about their putting philosophy and drills and all sort of great stuff. it is the quickest way to learn a whole lot of great stuff IMO.

I agree with Buck, go watch videos and learn. A shortcut/cliff-note version won't do the SPi system proper justice IMO. Not saying that to sound mean at all, I just really and truly think it won't do it justice.

I agree with Buck, go watch videos and learn. A shortcut/cliff-note version won't do the SPi system proper justice IMO. Not saying that to sound mean at all, I just really and truly think it won't do it justice.

Thats why i think the videos are a great place to start. And the info in the videos is really good and he does a really great job explaining everything.

Thats why i think the videos are a great place to start. And the info in the videos is really good and he does a really great job explaining everything.

For sure, they are super easy to understand. Some really really good stuff in them.

References to earlier Posts:

Spoiler
Intro: Click Here
First Chat with SPI Instructor: Click Here
The arrival: Click Here
Maiden Voyage: Click SeeMore m5
100 Putts: Click Putting Green
Tuskawila: Click live round
Even Par: Click Live round #2
Formal Introduction: Click Here
The meeting: Chan Song Meeting
Videos: Putting Drills
Ist tee time: Click Here
Eagle Creek 7.25 : Click Here
4 Birdies: Click Here
Putting Drills: Click Here
Solid Routine: Click Here
Effortless Power: Click Here

The Round:

Well it happened, I broke the 30 putt barrier with 29 putts today. I played Reunion Resort (Nicholas Course) today with INgolfer and Mward.The round started with some suspect speed control as the putting green rolled faster then the on course greens by a few feet. I was leaving every short on the first 5 greens but I learn the speed and the rest of the day was just fine.

I drained a left to right uphill birdie on the 6th hole. a 10 footer on the 12 and another 3 footer for bird on the 14. I burned the edge on a 12' footer for bird on the 15th. The rest of the holes were tap in pars ranging from 18" to 3'. So after the speed was figured out putting really came with ease today. I did n't force anything and only mis-hit two putts, both on the front. I hit them both off the heal. Not sure where that came from but I did not repeat it after the second time.

As I staed earlier the greens were not all that fast but still relatively true so the ball rolled nice, end over end. And I still saw that continous roll, you know when you think the ball is going to stop but keeps rolling. Or that putt that moves by the hole with some pace but then just stops. I saw that a few times today which, for me, is a good sign.

Improvements:

• Speed control....I no longer have any trepidation over long putts. Any doubt in my mind, on long putts, is over the line. I still have a little doubt over my reads but maybe that will go away soon
  • Left to Right putts used to be my achilles heel. I means I missed low 7 out of 10 times and missed high 2 out of the 3 remaining putts. Now it's a matter of getting the line and just hitting the putt. I would say I am making close to 5 out of 10 at this point. No decels, no below the hole misses (at least no where as many as before)
  • Birdies per round average has gone up since placing the m5 in the bag. As we all know birdies really make a big difference on the old score card. Now I have to work on my GIR percentage and proximty to the hole
  • greater awareness of my game through putting, never thought this would be the case. Before the m5 I over analyzed my driver or long irons. Through putting I realized that my low irons were really the problem or 150 and in. Instead of just hitting a shot I would try to hit the wrong shot anmd come up short or miss the green. Those shots aren't completely out of game but they are fewer and far between.
I am sure that there is more to come in the improvement department but for now I'll be satisfied with the progress I am making. Now if I could get those hero shots out of the bag, I will be a few shots lower. The SeeMore methodology has really been an eye opener, more than glad to be a part of this process.

I'll echo the support for the videos. They do a great job of instructing you in the SPi methods.

Some of it may not come together until you have the RST or medicine ball in hand, but you can rewatch them and continue to pick things up later.

freddie great round bro was looking forward to your write up all day! how many GIR did you have to day if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks guys. I think I've watched all the videos. Cliff Notes was probably a poor choice of words. I guess I'm wondering where to start? Posture and ball position then shoulder swing is what I am thinking.

Thanks guys. I think I've watched all the videos. Cliff Notes was probably a poor choice of words. I guess I'm wondering where to start? Posture and ball position then shoulder swing is what I am thinking. Re the orange/medicine ball - I haven't been able to find anything that explains the drill. I'll try again, starting earlier in this thread.

Jman has a nice video of him using it earlier in the thread. i know its a lot to read through but theres also a TON of great info in this thread.

Back