SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

ewwww gross!!!!!! lol I hate Odyssey grips how i got into Iomic way back actually now that i think about it.

Well, at the time I was doing everything I could to make my golf experience kinder and gentler for my hands and wrists. I'm a convert now.

Well, at the time I was doing everything I could to make my golf experience kinder and gentler for my hands and wrists. I'm a convert now.

lol i was just messing.... well kind of i really don't like odyssey grips. i like that SeeMore has lots of options of Grips to pick from i really think there is something for everyone.

lol i was just messing.... well kind of i really don't like odyssey grips. i like that SeeMore has lots of options of Grips to pick from i really think there is something for everyone.

I know you were :)

I love the options too. I actually bought an Odyssey White Ice DART earlier this year. It's now been loaned to a friend indefinitely. I have been so impressed with the SeeMore and how well we're all doing that I don't see any reason for it come out of my bag. Ever.

I know you were :)

I love the options too. I actually bought an Odyssey White Ice DART earlier this year. It's now been loaned to a friend indefinitely. I have been so impressed with the SeeMore and how well we're all doing that I don't see any reason for it come out of my bag. Ever.

i'm really enjoying mine also. i won't go as far as saying it will never come out of my bag! lol

i'm really enjoying mine also. i won't go as far as saying it will never come out of my bag! lol

Yeah, but we all know that when it comes to putters, you get around.

Yeah, but we all know that when it comes to putters, you get around.

i still see this staying as my gamer for a while. to consistent not to.... something would have to really blow it out of the water.

Buck you had some interesting thoughts there. Switching grips to find the best combination, interesting. How long do you give it before you decide it's for you or not for you? I understand the premise but if the other grip was fine, don't you think switching sets you back and you have to readjust? Or does the grip not make that big a difference?

Buck you had some interesting thoughts there. Switching grips to find the best combination, interesting. How long do you give it before you decide it's for you or not for you? I understand the premise but if the other grip was fine, don't you think switching sets you back and you have to readjust? Or does the grip not make that big a difference?

I honestly dunno. I know I can change putter and get used to a completely different putter quicker than most people. Prob because I did it almost everytime I played. I think I'll give it till the AC outing. That gives me a few weeks to change back if I need to. Honestly I always wanna try every kind of thing on putters that can be different. If you looked at my collection I have everything. Blades mallets different metals sound slots lengths necks weights and toe hang. Do I think I've been putting better sticking with the same putter long term. Of course I do but I think almost anyone would. I wanna know what works and what doesn't work for me. And although I know I shouldn't tinker with the pro am coming up. I don't think this is such a big tinker that I'm gonna get derailed or anything. Like I said in my review. 30 putts and 1.9 putts per GIR without any time with the new grip! I'll take it and see what happens in the next few weeks. Plus the amount of time I've been practicing is crazy. I'm putting in 12-16 hours a week easy right now. If things get hairy at all ill cut it right back off but I wanna see how it goes for another round or 2.

I thought I should also add a note about a piece of swag that I recieved.

toolmarks.jpg

This repair tool has quickly become my favorite one. The magnet is strong enough to hold both the regular ball marker and a poker chip very securely. In fact, I thought that I had lost the whole thing one time, only to find that it had attached itself to my car keys without me noticing, and was hanging in right there by my ignition.

I can usually just drop the poker chip back in my pocket after I pick it up, and the poker chip or ball marker will be securely attached again by the next time I need it.

The repair tool itself is smooth (as a result of the high polish), and tends to be very easy to slide into the ground to make my repairs. It typically comes out clean too.

I want that repair tool.

First time out with the CS FGP2 was a success I guess. I wasn't really keeping score and didn't count any putts, but I did make a few that were in that 5-10 foot range and had good results with lags. I will say that it was quite different using the RST with a center shafted putter and I'm still not 100% comfortable with it yet. I think some practice green time is in order. The beauty of the RST is that I felt uncomfortable with how it looked, but the ball went where I wanted it to. Can't really beat that.

Next up is a regrip. Not sure what I'm going to do there quite yet.

Nice update Buck! Sounds like you could get used to the OS grip in a short time. It is more of a mid sized really, but I love the flat paddle front. I always used to hold the putter deep in my palms, but the SeeMore method says to hold it more in the fingers, which I have been doing. I feel like the big flat front provides a good place for my hands to sit on top, very comfortable.

I want that repair tool.

First time out with the CS FGP2 was a success I guess. I wasn't really keeping score and didn't count any putts, but I did make a few that were in that 5-10 foot range and had good results with lags. I will say that it was quite different using the RST with a center shafted putter and I'm still not 100% comfortable with it yet. I think some practice green time is in order. The beauty of the RST is that I felt uncomfortable with how it looked, but the ball went where I wanted it to. Can't really beat that.

Next up is a regrip. Not sure what I'm going to do there quite yet.

It'll be second nature in no time Hawk. The RST on the CS models at first always has a way of making you realize "holy crap, was I really aiming that way?" lol

Nice update Buck! Sounds like you could get used to the OS grip in a short time. It is more of a mid sized really, but I love the flat paddle front. I always used to hold the putter deep in my palms, but the SeeMore method says to hold it more in the fingers, which I have been doing. I feel like the big flat front provides a good place for my hands to sit on top, very comfortable.

thanks, yes i i think my fingers actually wrap more around it so it helps hold it more in my fingers personally.

It'll be second nature in no time Hawk. The RST on the CS models at first always has a way of making you realize "holy crap, was I really aiming that way?" lol

It's hard to explain, but the CS really looks so much different than something with offset to my eyes. I've been playing an offset shaft basically since I started golfing. Without the RST I think I would have been lost. I just lined up to the alignment aid like always and trusted it with good results. Have to say I really liked the feel too. Seemed softer than my DB4x actually. That's not really a better/worse thing for me. Just a little difference I noticed.

I want that repair tool too haha
Good stuff Hawk, I got used to the new setup in short order, I bet you'll do the same.

That's good to hear, TripleB. I'm going to hit the practice green tonight I think. Still need to get the stickers off it first. It went directly from box to bag yesterday.

That's good to hear, TripleB. I'm going to hit the practice green tonight I think. Still need to get the stickers off it first. It went directly from box to bag yesterday.

It is the real deal. It makes perfect sense when you see how well it works and how simple it really is. I mean, I still make a crappy stroke now and again, but for the most part, making a putt depends on me picking the right line and getting the right speed. Now I guess I have to actually learn how to read greens. lol

I need to get me one of those FeelTec's I think. I don't think any stores around here carry them though.

Kmac, do they get the soft-grip lover's seal of approval?

I need to get me one of those FeelTec's I think. I don't think any stores around here carry them though.

Kmac, do they get the soft-grip lover's seal of approval?

It does. I will say its not winn grip soft but I still like it. Its a nice in between feel but not rough by any means. You'll like it.

It does. I will say its not winn grip soft but I still like it. Its a nice in between feel but not rough by any means. You'll like it.

Yep, definitely a tweener to me as well. I really like the texture of them alot actually.

Yep, definitely a tweener to me as well. I really like the texture of them alot actually.

Thanks guys. I'll try to find one online then.

Perfect. Thanks, Shark!

As always, each new review post will include links to my previous one's in the "Reference Link" section, all links are listed within the spoiler tag for the sake of de-cluttering.

REFERENCE LINKS:
Spoiler

• Initial Thoughts/Process: CLICK HERE
  • Pre SPi Putting Breakdown: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 2: CLICK HERE
  • Stance Evolution and Medicine Ball Aid: CLICK HERE
  • Round 1, 2, and 3 General Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 4 Rundown and mFGP2 Thoughts: CLICK HERE
  • Round 5 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 6/7 and Stance Drill: CLICK HERE
  • Round 8 Rundown and mFGP2 Thoughts: CLICK HERE
  • Round 9 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 10 and Practice Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 11 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 12 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 13 Rundown: CLICK HERE

ROUND OVERVIEW
:

Date: 8/21/12
Played: 18 Holes
Weather: 90* and 5-8 MPH Winds
Round(s) Rundown:
Cim98_211.png
Cim98_212.png

Total Putts: 34
GIR's: 12/18

PUTTING BREAKDOWN:

Cim98_211putts.png
Cim98_212putts.png

• 40+ Feet - 0 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • None
  • 30-39 Feet - 1 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 4 feet
  • 20-29 Feet - 6 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 4, 4, 3, 7, 3, and 1 feet
  • 15-19 Feet - 5 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 3, 2, 1, 1, and 2 feet
  • 10-14 Feet - 2 Attempt(s) and 0 Made
    • Left 1 and 1 feet
  • 5-9 Feet - 2 Attempt(s) and 1 Made
    • Left 1 feet
    • Made 5 feet
  • 2-4 Feet - 10 Attempt(s) and 9 Made
    • Left 3 feet
    • Made from 3, 4, 4, 4, 2, 3, 2,and 3 feet
  • 1 Foot In - 8 Attempt(s) and 8 Made
    • Made all

PERFORMANCE THOUGHTS:

Well, I'm not particularly happy with the way the round went on the ole greens this last round out. I had to play the front nine twice dude to men's league being on the back nine, which I'm OK with. I had a decent day as far as off the tee went and approach shots as well (I'd consider 12 GIR's a good day ANY day) but I struggled on the greens a bit with my reads. Granted, it didn't help that they had sanded them that day but it wasn't punched to that's not a viable excuse IMO.

The two three putts on the second nine really, really, bothered me this go around. Mainly it was irritating because one was just a bad miss from 29 feet where I left myself painfully short at 7 feet away from the cum and the second involved a miss from 4 feet that was never even close. On the first, I got cutesy and my playing partner asked me why I used my hands on that one me that I actually did so because I haven't done that since early in the process of changing to the SPi method. The second three-jack was a case of me rushing the 4 foot come-backer because I've been SO automatic from there lately and I didn't go through my routine all the way of aligning the line on the ball form inside 10 feet. Stupid little things are the most irritating to me. I can handle a pure miss on a misread, not a miss because of laziness or rushing.

I will say though I'm still getting more and more comfortable with the mFGP2 from 15+ and am getting really good at cozying those ones up to within easy 2-putt range but more importantly I'm really continuing to scare some edges. More practice time ON the practice green at the courses I play as compared to just relying on my Tour Links is going to be the key here though IMO to getting those to begin dropping more and more. With that, I can say I'm going to start hitting the range after work once or twice a week anyways so a good 45-60 minutes OUTDOORS practicing putting compared to indoors will do nothing but good for me.

PRACTICE THOUGHTS:

I've been working on the "Quarter, Nickel, Dime" drill that Buck posted up from the SPi newsletter pretty much every night lately and I really like it. Its hard for me to set up the triangulator indoors and this is kind of serving that purpose for me while allowing me not only to work alignment but to then stroke the putt form the same position as well. At first I was using a single coin but now I'm actually using two a couple feet apart after I take the break out of my putting green so I can really see if my roll is truly on line a little more.

I obviously have to throw in that I still adore the medicine ball drill, I do it every night. I've actually got it sat next to my "man-cave" door and when I walk in or out I use it for a couple of strokes, I really and truly do. I think its helped me a TON on not even focusing on rocking the shoulders in general anymore, rather I focus on the size/length of the rock.

PARTING THOUGHTS:

Like I said above, I need more outdoor practice on the undulating terrain rather than just the indoor. The indoor has been great for me honing the mechanics of the SPi stroke but I need more than that. I hit the outdoor green once a week pretty hard, but the more the better for sure, especially as close as I'm getting to really dropping some big putts.

I'm just as enamored now by the SPi method as I was at first. It really and truly JUST WORKS. I honestly don't know if I see something permanently unseating my mFGP2 from the "gamer" role full time, mainly because I'm just so confident in it now both as far as roll and feel (sound) but also just look at address...that is what I've been searching and searching for in a putter for a long time now. Its not to say I won't still gather, hoard, and love other putters, but the mFGP2 is looking like the ultimate "go-to" for me personally and that isn't just test-talk speaking. I know the looks of the mFGP2 (and even the mFGP) aren't for everyone's eye but to me, they are just unique and classic all rolled into one and I really really like that fact.

Natedogg - I'll bring my DB4x along to Des Moines for you to try out if you like.
Would love it!!! Are you still playing it or is it something I could play a round with?

Back