SeeMore Putters Thread

I picked up a used platinum M5 HT because I really wanted to try the HT shape. I have really liked using the FGP2 but you know, always searching. Well the head weight felt heavier on the platinum and I had a really hard time making putts with it. I weighed both putters and they was only an ounce different between the two. Not sure if that was throwing me off or what? Gonna have to move the platinum and maybe just try the black HT mallet.

m5 HT has the shaft placement more towards the heel whereas the FGP2 is a near center shaft. The "feeling" that you are feeling could be how the FGP2 putter head is coming back to "square at impact" easier or automatic. You do not have to do any manipulation with your hands. Whereas the m5 HT the putter head wants to open up just a hair at impact therefore you have to "manipulate" your hands to make it work. Either you have to turn your hands more or have to pull across the stroke to square up the putter face. Therefore you might make some and miss some.

FGP2 you might be more consistent with your alignment and stroke and have a better outcome. Hope this make senses.

I putt a royal blue Two Thumb rubber grip on this bad boy yesterday and it looks and feels amazing!
Are you using the OG heavy Two Thumb grip? If so, does it make you lose the feel of the head?

Are you using the OG heavy Two Thumb grip? If so, does it make you lose the feel of the head?

The one I put on is an older version of the Light that is actually heavier (at 220 grams) than the 200 gram original. I cut the length to 33.5" instead of my usual 33" to hit the swing weight at B5 like my other putters with the Two Thumb grip.

I never have been a fan of putters where I could feel a lot of head weight so it suits me well. For others that like a head heavy feel, I definitely would not recommend the TT rubber grips.

m5 HT has the shaft placement more towards the heel whereas the FGP2 is a near center shaft. The "feeling" that you are feeling could be how the FGP2 putter head is coming back to "square at impact" easier or automatic. You do not have to do any manipulation with your hands. Whereas the m5 HT the putter head wants to open up just a hair at impact therefore you have to "manipulate" your hands to make it work. Either you have to turn your hands more or have to pull across the stroke to square up the putter face. Therefore you might make some and miss some.

FGP2 you might be more consistent with your alignment and stroke and have a better outcome. Hope this make senses.
Wow very interesting. I knew there was something different about it. I struggled big time with consistency and being comfortable with the M5 last weekend.
Thank you so much for your response and engagement.

Believe it is alpha numeric model number from early days of company prior to Jim/Jason's 2006 acquisition.
One of those LRT Seemore's just sold on eBay for like $50. It had "Loren Roberts" etched on the bottom.

I googled his name and that putter and I saw some page indicate that LRT stands for "Loren Roberts Train". Don't know if there is any truth to any of it. I had just bought a unicorn putter to my collection (Triforce4) so I passed on that LRT.

One of those LRT Seemore's just sold on eBay for like $50. It had "Loren Roberts" etched on the bottom.

I googled his name and that putter and I saw some page indicate that LRT stands for "Loren Roberts Train". Don't know if there is any truth to any of it. I had just bought a unicorn putter to my collection (Triforce4) so I passed on that LRT.
If it has a unique (reversed?) hosel and "honeycomb" face milling then it supposedly was associated with Loren Roberts. (3rd column, center)Seemore1 .jpg

If it has a unique (reversed?) hosel and "honeycomb" face milling then it supposedly was associated with Loren Roberts. (3rd column, center)View attachment 8967005

Yes. I saw that exact same model, unlike that one it had "Loren Roberts" etched on the bottom and the top line was slightly different than that model, and it had a plain face like an FGP. Which all led me to believe perhaps it was a one-off espeically made for Loren. I wish I would have bought and I might have had I not bought another putter that same week. The seller also incorrectly listed the putter as a "FGP" in their title. You can see the exact putter I am referring to in the completed eBay listings if you look for it. This is it

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Wow very interesting. I knew there was something different about it. I struggled big time with consistency and being comfortable with the M5 last weekend.
Thank you so much for your response and engagement.

Happy to help. Have a great week.

Yes. I saw that exact same model, unlike that one it had "Loren Roberts" etched on the bottom and the top line was slightly different than that model, and it had a plain face like an FGP. Which all led me to believe perhaps it was a one-off espeically made for Loren. I wish I would have bought and I might have had I not bought another putter that same week. The seller also incorrectly listed the putter as a "FGP" in their title. You can see the exact putter I am referring to in the completed eBay listings if you look for it. This is it

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

That is an oldie!

I've listened to the first 24 episodes of the podcast and picked up some really good stuff.
First of all I am crouching over the ball, secondly I am gripping the putter far too low. Today I went out for 9 holes after work and I straightened my back to improve my posture and stop slouching. I also gripped up where it felt appropriate. What a difference.
Distance control is much easier, I didn't leave any hole-able putts short.
The discussion on eye positioning makes sense to me as I use the mirror to practice eye alignment, since I restarted with the mirror lining up and trusting the line has become much easier.
In the podcast there is discussion of eye dominance. I'm not sure if this is correct but from time to time I will close one eye and check the red dot and then do the same with the other eye and it kind of helps me to try balance the two. Not sure if it's the same thing but my putting is definitely improving.
I'm really enjoying the podcast too, keep it up! I'll maybe have some content suggestions after finishing all of them.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I've listened to the first 24 episodes of the podcast and picked up some really good stuff.
First of all I am crouching over the ball, secondly I am gripping the putter far too low. Today I went out for 9 holes after work and I straightened my back to improve my posture and stop slouching. I also gripped up where it felt appropriate. What a difference.
Distance control is much easier, I didn't leave any hole-able putts short.
The discussion on eye positioning makes sense to me as I use the mirror to practice eye alignment, since I restarted with the mirror lining up and trusting the line has become much easier.
In the podcast there is discussion of eye dominance. I'm not sure if this is correct but from time to time I will close one eye and check the red dot and then do the same with the other eye and it kind of helps me to try balance the two. Not sure if it's the same thing but my putting is definitely improving.
I'm really enjoying the podcast too, keep it up! I'll maybe have some content suggestions after finishing all of them.

I really enjoy the podcast also. I just started episode 35 this morning and they're talking about the mental aspect of putting. It's pretty good stuff so far.

I really enjoy the podcast also. I just started episode 35 this morning and they're talking about the mental aspect of putting. It's pretty good stuff so far.
Yeah it's something that I hadn't given too much thought to but now it seems so obvious!
Today on the last hole I needed no worse than a 2 putt on the last from distance to post a good score and I immediately noticed that I'd tightened up for the first putt. I chuckled a bit as I realised I was doing exactly what they said you should try not to! I loosened up and shrugged off the tension and made a nice putt leaving me a tap in.
I think the key is to remember this stuff and practice it.

Reactions: KEV
Yeah it's something that I hadn't given too much thought to but now it seems so obvious!
Today on the last hole I needed no worse than a 2 putt on the last from distance to post a good score and I immediately noticed that I'd tightened up for the first putt. I chuckled a bit as I realised I was doing exactly what they said you should try not to! I loosened up and shrugged off the tension and made a nice putt leaving me a tap in.
I think the key is to remember this stuff and practice it.

"well done! Mr. Fletcher, well done!"

Are you a offset type of putter or straight shaft type of putter. Would love to hear your thoughts?

I always thought I was a double bend or slant neck guy but the straight neck lately seems to be working. I threw my Si3 in the bag for yesterday's round and saw some really good performance. The change in the insert in this model vs what they previously had is such a huge improvement too.

mFGP Nashville with a Stability Tour today....wheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwee! 🔥

I always thought I was a double bend or slant neck guy but the straight neck lately seems to be working. I threw my Si3 in the bag for yesterday's round and saw some really good performance. The change in the insert in this model vs what they previously had is such a huge improvement too.
I go back and forth from slant to straight

I go back and forth from slant to straight
Those two necks seem to be relatively easy to transition between. For some reason that straight neck seems to make alignment easier for me lately.

Are you a offset type of putter or straight shaft type of putter. Would love to hear your thoughts?
I prefer the "whistle" shaft that I have on a few of my SeeMores but I go back and forth between them and the straight shaft versions w/o any issues.

Offset fits my eye better as long as it's not a plumbers neck.

ETA: To be fair, I do have several plumbers necks in my hoard. ;)

I committed to using a straight shaft for this entire year, now using a putter with any kind of offset feels really strange.

I know that the mFGP is face balanced at impact. My straight shaft M1 versions appear to have a similar amount of toe hang. Are they also face balanced at impact?

My "whistle" shafted mFGP and M1 both appear to be face balanced. Am I correct? Thanks.

Tbh I have never tried a Seemore with anything but a straight shaft and face balanced at impact. I've had 3 of them, still have two.
Difficult for me to say without having tried a different style.

73FA768E-EA60-42AA-876E-939D33C6B44F.jpegBDDEB928-6298-4C19-A0F8-71352CD1354A.jpegA96D7900-FF21-44D8-9169-90C170E92A93.jpeg

Back