SeeMore Putters Thread

All very good points about a natural arc on longer putts.

During my SeeMore lesson, the SPi instructor (Chris Carfanga - awesome!) had me make strokes up against an Eyeline incline board. He explained it this way:

1) If you look at the putting stroke from down the line - the putter head follows a straight line (it slides along the plane of the board - which is a straight line). But...
2) If you look at the stroke from overhead, it has to follow an arc - like any golf swing. So from that point of view, the putter travels in- to out, squares up at impact, and then travels inside along the same arc.

Anyway - I stopped thinking about "SBST vs arc" after that. Just worked on keeping things simple & eliminated variables in the swing. SeeMore is fantastic for that IMHO.

After re-acclimating myself this winter to the RST process, some set up adjustments, and now the confirmation of face balanced at impact, I'm done.

The SeeMore process just makes too much sense. The ball is always in the same position with RST, trust it, clear your mind and stroke it. I had a tendency to keep checking the "cover the dot" too many times and mentally that got in the way. I'm over that and now a face balanced at impact convert.

I ran into this at first, but after a while I realized that I didn't need to watch that red dot during the whole stroke. Once I had enough practice, I verified that it was in fact staying hidden for the entire stroke, and I got a lot more confident that I could make that same stroke on the course & repeat it.

Crappy 9 hole score Tuesday, but I did keep it to 14 putts.

AND - I found out that if I'm up against a tree & I can't make a right handed swing, I can turn my Mini Giant DF around, swing it left handed, and chip the ball with the flange. I popped it over a bunker onto the green from 20 yards away.

#small_victories

Crappy 9 hole score Tuesday, but I did keep it to 14 putts.

AND - I found out that if I'm up against a tree & I can't make a right handed swing, I can turn my Mini Giant DF around, swing it left handed, and chip the ball with the flange. I popped it over a bunker onto the green from 20 yards away.

#small_victories

Nice. What was the longest putt that you made for the 9 holes? Nice work on the "wedge" shot!

If you have a second and play an offset putter, would like to get your input on the use of it? Thanks for your time and sharing your thoughts.

While sipping on your coffee this morning watching the Masters think about this.

From 10 feet Made percentages from PGA TOUR - 40% ... putting is hard...read of the green, speed, weather, etc. The one constant is have a consistent starting point for every single putt. Do you have this? Do you really know that you are setting up in the same position for every putt? When you get over a putt do you have a thought before putting? How confident are you?

Missing a 10 foot putt is magnified greatly because the putt "seems to be so close". Think about you hitting a tee shot. You are wanting to land the ball on the left side of the huge fairway but you "miss" the shot and the ball lands on the right side of the fairway. You are still good with this because you are in the fairway. Totally different thought when making/missing a putt from 10 feet. Find yourself a way to have a consistent set-up for every single putt - no matter what length - and you will find yourself making more putts. Enjoy the 2nd round of The Masters.

Spent the morning at SeeMore HQ and had a blast with the guys.
Lots of fun stuff coming.

Beautiful country down there. Looking forward to the content!

They are about 30 minutes from us so I try to get down there frequently.
I took the most beautiful early twilight/sunrise drive down there when we were down in the area for Christmas 2019 to get the baby to sleep some more. So much history there too.

Looking forward to hearing more.

First round with a SeeMore Nashville One SS... I like this putter, and mostly hit good lines.
I didn’t putt great because my distance control was off, mostly leaving putts well short.
I think I was more worried about line & lining up with the RST.

Tomorrow I hope to put it together...

First round with a SeeMore Nashville One SS... I like this putter, and mostly hit good lines.
I didn’t putt great because my distance control was off, mostly leaving putts well short.
I think I was more worried about line & lining up with the RST.

Tomorrow I hope to put it together...

Stay with it. Each round gets better and better!

My putting has been so good so far this year since putting my mFGP2 Nashville in the bag. My putts per round number is probably higher than last year because my approach shots are leaving me long putts but I am positive my 3 putts are down and I'm back to knocking in short ones with confidence. It's been really nice having confidence on the greens again.

My putting has been so good so far this year since putting my mFGP2 Nashville in the bag. My putts per round number is probably higher than last year because my approach shots are leaving me long putts but I am positive my 3 putts are down and I'm back to knocking in short ones with confidence. It's been really nice having confidence on the greens again.

Such a great post! Keep up the great work Kev!!

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
Perfect Alignment and Square Putter Face with a SeeMore putter
Simple video to teach you how important it is to have a square putter face at impact and great alignment reinforced by using RST.

Great simple explanation of the RST...

Did I see Schwartzel with the Seemore there? :cautious:

I have been considering a seemore lately as I am seeing that a center shafted putter may work well for me.. I have never really liked how they looked but I am considering getting over that if I make more putts.

I have been considering a seemore lately as I am seeing that a center shafted putter may work well for me.. I have never really liked how they looked but I am considering getting over that if I make more putts.
I can't recommend it enough. I know the look of tough for some to get over but man the RST is so beneficial that I think it's worth a try for every golfer.

This year I have tried not using the alignment aid on the ball, as I was much too focused on line, I believe to my detriment. Today doing this was a good day putting. Only one 3 putt where I had a long first putt. Speed was very good, with that being more of the focus. RST doing its job inside 4 feet. As usual!

Back