SeeMore Putters Thread

I'll tell you what. Since you're a Albatross member, shoot me your shipping address, when we get past this snow snap, I'll get my Mini Giant DF dropped off to you, only request is you post and let us all know how it goes! Sound like a deal?

Are you putting with a SeeMore now and if so which one?

Are you putting with a SeeMore now and if so which one?
Not currently, but I have 27 in my collection. My go to is the mFGP and mFGP2.

Got a great deal on an RST 2 Si4 from eBay that arrived today. Wanted to add a blade to my collection to compare my stroke to a mallet -- it's clean looking.

Anybody have any experience with the line and red dot on the slant hosel (RST2) and how it compares functionally to the regular system?

Out of curiosity do you generally use the same putter for the season or do you change regularly?
Im a writer/reviewer here, so I change putters throughout the year, part of the job. The consistent staple for me? I always end up back in a SeeMore.

Well, USPS finally delivered the Mini Giant Deep Flange (shipped 2/1 via Priority Mail) I got from the bay. It was listed as new, and other than no plastic on the head, it looks like it's never been used (other than maybe a few indoor putts I would assume).

Have hit a few putts in the living room and looking forward to getting it out to a green soon to compare to the Chicago (the other new one in the stable).

Might ultimately change the grip, but I'll decide on that later. Just the little I've played around with it, it seems fine.

tempImagecPkPcv.pngtempImageLVgPti.pngtempImagePLLfJ6.pngtempImagesZDzgQ.pngtempImageddrKoD.png

Since I set up the mat & the PuttOut, I decided to bring out the ole Z3c as a break from the mini Giant DF. Man, I had forgotten how much I love this Z3c! Feels so good!

I might have to give it some time in the rotation this year.
Alternating back & forth, I feel like the MGDF is a little more forgiving, but the Z3c just feels so dang nice!

Since I set up the mat & the PuttOut, I decided to bring out the ole Z3c as a break from the mini Giant DF. Man, I had forgotten how much I love this Z3c! Feels so good!

Alternating back & forth, I feel like the MGDF is a little more forgiving, but the Z3c just feels so dang nice!
That Z3c is such a great looking putter. That's probably one of my favorite SeeMore shapes they've made.

Well, USPS finally delivered the Mini Giant Deep Flange (shipped 2/1 via Priority Mail) I got from the bay. It was listed as new, and other than no plastic on the head, it looks like it's never been used (other than maybe a few indoor putts I would assume).

Have hit a few putts in the living room and looking forward to getting it out to a green soon to compare to the Chicago (the other new one in the stable).

Might ultimately change the grip, but I'll decide on that later. Just the little I've played around with it, it seems fine.

View attachment 8994070View attachment 8994071View attachment 8994072View attachment 8994073View attachment 8994074
Great purchase! I know there are sexier looking putters out there, but this one has so much going for it: forgiveness from high MOI, RST, and most importantly face-balanced at impact (which I think is probably the best feature of the SeeMore models that have it). With practice this putter is automatic for me

That Z3c is such a great looking putter. That's probably one of my favorite SeeMore shapes they've made.
Totally agree with this. Right now, the Mini Giant DF feels slightly more consistent, but I think that might be as much from the grip as anything. The MGDF has a Tour SNSR contour 104cc, but the Z3c has the straight profile. I put that on because I was coming from using SuperStroke grips, but the Countour grip is so much better now that I’ve played it for a while - going back to a straight profile seems really weird.

I need to change that grip to make the comparison fair when I’m using both putters

Totally agree with this. Right now, the Mini Giant DF feels slightly more consistent, but I think that might be as much from the grip as anything. The MGDF has a Tour SNSR contour 104cc, but the Z3c has the straight profile. I put that on because I was coming from using SuperStroke grips, but the Countour grip is so much better now that I’ve played it for a while - going back to a straight profile seems really weird.

I need to change that grip to make the comparison fair when I’m using both putters

I got my mFGP used with a SuperStroke Ultra Slim on it. I wasn’t sure about it at first, since I’d also played a more traditional grip, but I ended up loving it.

The downside is that they don’t make the Ultra Slim anymore. 😞

I got my mFGP used with a SuperStroke Ultra Slim on it. I wasn’t sure about it at first, since I’d also played a more traditional grip, but I ended up loving it.

The downside is that they don’t make the Ultra Slim anymore. 😞
I used to game the SS ultra slim as well. I think you'll be able to move on...eventually😉

I have a problem. I have a putter fitting on Thursday but just snipe a Mini-giant DF off YouTube. Unfortunately it won’t be here before the fitting. It won’t stop me from buying a new putter if I fall in love with something.

Reactions: KEV

Play two putters!! :)) Have fun.

Was at the PGATSS and putted with either the PLATINUM SB20 MALLET or the PLATINUM SBc20 MALLET on Sunday,
Makes me mad that I don't remember which one however I was "Raining" in putts with it.
That RST really makes a difference and I like the "Sniper Scope" logo on the heel.

Might have to go back and confirm which model it was.

Have a putting lesson with Pat O'Brien, SeeMore Ambassador, on Wednesday. Will report back.

Was at the PGATSS and putted with either the PLATINUM SB20 MALLET or the PLATINUM SBc20 MALLET on Sunday,
Makes me mad that I don't remember which one however I was "Raining" in putts with it.
That RST really makes a difference and I like the "Sniper Scope" logo on the heel.

Might have to go back and confirm which model it was.

Was it a center shaft putter or heel shafted putter? Center shafted is a SBc20. Heel is the other.

Was it a center shaft putter or heel shafted putter? Center shafted is a SBc20. Heel is the other.
I really think it was the SB20 - Don't remember seeing the "C" when I turned it over.

Putting Lesson with Pat.

I had taken a few putting lessons from Pat O'Brien about 10 years ago. Then in March, right before, ya'know, the Covid thing, my 13 yr old son had his first putting lesson with Pat.:D He enjoyed it and was putting better than me.;)

I'd been uncomfortable with my grip:unsure: for a long time, and wondered, no, I said, I need to see Pat.

We began putting from hole to hole on the large practice green with Pat following me. We're just shooting the breeze, catching up, when he says the setup is perfect. In Pat parlance, that means everything is square - feet, knees, hips, shoulders, head, putter shaft follows the zipper, eyes just inside and back of ball.:)

I take more putts and he says do "this" with your right hand - he's talking about my grip - it's not perfectly juxtaposed or in sync with the left hand. Then after a few more putts, stretch that right thumb down the shaft and over so it kind of covers the left thumb somewhat. "And by the way, take the putter back more on longer putts. And I laughed, saying "I've been taking 6 foot putts in the kitchen for a year."

We work on the grip and the putter is immediately 100% more stable in my hands. Pat likes the fingers to grip the grip and little to no thumb pressure. I was surprised at the stability of the putterhead.

Now for the stroke. Pat commented that I was pretty much shoulder rocking and I wasn't getting enough energy to the ball. I agreed. And then I said, "I remember 10 yrs ago, you said start the hands just before the shoulders." Pat said, "Yes." And I said, "You're probably wondering why I'm not doing that, so let's do it."

Instant energy to the ball. Yes, it took a few putts to get the feel but it was consistent distance with good grouping. We worked more on stabilizing the putter head with the grip for several minutes and the world was good again.

Then we talked about visualizing the putt over the ball and using the creative part of the brain:unsure: instead of the mechanical mind:oops:

Pat had me visualize the putt, then own the putter by a slight bounce of the putter head against the ground to stay loose. Longer stroke, stable grip and putter head, visualization. It was coming together.

Then we went to the dreaded 6 footers. Pat thought I was thinking too much over the ball. I agreed. So back to visualization and it freed up the stroke.

Then on longer putts, visualization of the ball taking its path and going in the hole, and then a longer stroke with more yardage and just letting the putter meet the back of the ball. Stroke was less poppy; had more "smooth" to the putt with a good roll.

There is more but can't give away all of Pat's secrets. It was fun, as always with Pat. But more importantly, I have confidence that I've got my putting back.

If you're near Dallas, I recommend calling Pat at Lakewood Country Club. Some vids below explain more.

Pat and the grip

The SeeMore Setup

This is awesome information! It would be pretty great to have the opportunity to get a lesson from POB. I always enjoy it when he's on the SeeMore podcasts and seem to always learn something. I'm going to have to work on my grip after watching the video again.

Putting Lesson with Pat.

I had taken a few putting lessons from Pat O'Brien about 10 years ago. Then in March, right before, ya'know, the Covid thing, my 13 yr old son had his first putting lesson with Pat.:D He enjoyed it and was putting better than me.;)

I'd been uncomfortable with my grip:unsure: for a long time, and wondered, no, I said, I need to see Pat.

We began putting from hole to hole on the large practice green with Pat following me. We're just shooting the breeze, catching up, when he says the setup is perfect. In Pat parlance, that means everything is square - feet, knees, hips, shoulders, head, putter shaft follows the zipper, eyes just inside and back of ball.:)

I take more putts and he says do "this" with your right hand - he's talking about my grip - it's not perfectly juxtaposed or in sync with the left hand. Then after a few more putts, stretch that right thumb down the shaft and over so it kind of covers the left thumb somewhat. "And by the way, take the putter back more on longer putts. And I laughed, saying "I've been taking 6 foot putts in the kitchen for a year."

We work on the grip and the putter is immediately 100% more stable in my hands. Pat likes the fingers to grip the grip and little to no thumb pressure. I was surprised at the stability of the putterhead.

Now for the stroke. Pat commented that I was pretty much shoulder rocking and I wasn't getting enough energy to the ball. I agreed. And then I said, "I remember 10 yrs ago, you said start the hands just before the shoulders." Pat said, "Yes." And I said, "You're probably wondering why I'm not doing that, so let's do it."

Instant energy to the ball. Yes, it took a few putts to get the feel but it was consistent distance with good grouping. We worked more on stabilizing the putter head with the grip for several minutes and the world was good again.

Then we talked about visualizing the putt over the ball and using the creative part of the brain:unsure: instead of the mechanical mind:oops:

Pat had me visualize the putt, then own the putter by a slight bounce of the putter head against the ground to stay loose. Longer stroke, stable grip and putter head, visualization. It was coming together.

Then we went to the dreaded 6 footers. Pat thought I was thinking too much over the ball. I agreed. So back to visualization and it freed up the stroke.

Then on longer putts, visualization of the ball taking its path and going in the hole, and then a longer stroke with more yardage and just letting the putter meet the back of the ball. Stroke was less poppy; had more "smooth" to the putt with a good roll.

There is more but can't give away all of Pat's secrets. It was fun, as always with Pat. But more importantly, I have confidence that I've got my putting back.

If you're near Dallas, I recommend calling Pat at Lakewood Country Club. Some vids below explain more.

Pat and the grip

The SeeMore Setup

Definitely start a new thread with this. Pat is awesome.

Putting Lesson with Pat.

Pat and the grip

The SeeMore Setup

Fantastic post.

Back