SeeMore SPi Cyber Coach

Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Reaction score
I will be getting online instruction from SeeMore SPi Cyber Coach Ben Pellicani over the next month or so and I will keep a diary here. Ben is a coach at the Mike Bender Elite Gold Academy in Lake Mary, FL

SeeMore has teamed up with edufii.com to provide an online learning environment that will allow golfers to obtain coaching even if they do not have a SPi instructor nearby. The website is in beta testing but is very similar to facebook in that both you and your coach can upload content including video. They have an app for the iPhone that gives you easy access to the site and therefore easy access to your coach when you are at the course or on the go.

My nearest SPi instructor is almost 3 hours away so I am very exited to try the online route and see if this can help get my game to the next level. I have received SPi instruction in the past and you can read about my initial fitting and experience here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...i-Experience&p=2061542&viewfull=1#post2061542

Feel free to follow along and ask questions.

Here is a summary from SeeMore:

Do not have time to make it for a putting lesson on the golf course? Receive a SPi Cyber Coach from a SPi Certified Instructor.
SPi has partnered with Edufii.com to give you the most complete cyber coaching experience. 40% of your strokes during a round of golf are used by a putter. Our SPi Cyber Coach wants to help you improve your putting. Join the SeeMore Elite program that will give you putting information 24/7 from your very own SPi Cyber Coach.
Edufii is a sports training application that focuses on the strengthening the relationship between athlete and coach during their time apart. It's a great way for athletes to focus on areas where they can improve their game while coaches can use it to review their athlete's progress. A truly new and innovative way for athletes to continue improving their game in between practices and away from their coaches, Edufii is on track to becoming an incredibly valuable tool for all looking to elevate their skill to the next level.
Click HERE to Watch VIDEO about Edufii

Ben Pellicani - (Mike Bender Golf Academy) - Before joining the staff at the Mike Bender Elite Golf Academy, Ben Pellicani spent five years teaching golf. He played NCAA Division I collegiate golf at Bucknell University where he holds the single round scoring record and was nominated for Academic All-American. After college he played professionally for one year before turning to teaching and coaching golf. He coached NCAA Division I Men's Golf at Mount St. Mary's University in Maryland.
His students have included mini-tour players, top level junior and amateur golfers including a First-team ACC All-Conference selection and Maryland State Amateur Champion. Pellicani is the lead coach for the Elite Golf Academy boarding program in conjunction with Lake Mary Preparatory School.
$199.99 - SeeMore Elite SPi-Cyber Coach consists of one month of unlimited access to the SPi Cyber Coach. Our SPi Cyber Coach wants to make sure that you understand everything their is to the SPi system and to improve your putting as well as give you constant support 24/7. We want you to have a SPi putting instructor for life.
By being apart of the SeeMore Elite program, you will also be given SPi accessory materials - triangulator, SeeMore hat, SeeMore T-Shirt. SeeMore Elite is a great program for junior golfers, college golfers and amateurs that want to take it to the next level. (See Instructions below for Step-by-Step Process)
Once you have purchased the SeeMore Elite Program. You will receive a welcome email and video from your SPi-Cyber Coach within 24 hours. From there your SPi-Cyber Coach will obtain your name, email address and birthday to get you signed up for Edufii.com to begin the instruction process.

Last edited:
The first step is to shoot some videos to get an idea of where I am at currently. I am anxious to see if any bad habits have found there way into my set-up and get them corrected. I should have some feedback on those videos this week and will post them at that time. In the meantime Ben has me tracking my putting stats with the following card:

50fa7e9e-91db-4d4e-8174-f5d672da78e9_zps71187496.jpg

d84f8c2e-17b4-48f0-a6b2-f014200539bc_zps3a9de940.jpg

How to use the card:
On every hole mark down the length of the first putt, then check off the boxes that apply to the 1st putt on every hole.
Low - if the putt missed on the low side
High - if the putt missed on the high side
In - if the 1st putt was holed
DC - if the putt was dead center but came up short
Short - if the putt came up short
Long - if the putt was missed long
Perfect - if the putt was at but not more then 2ft pass the hole

The PDF is set up so you can print on both sides and the front and back line up. The size should fit in any yardage book cover.

Last edited:
This is going to be extremely interesting to follow.

Oh man, I can't wait to hear your results. I'm also a ways away from an SPI instructor, so this would be a tool I might be interested in down the road. I really want to focus on my putting as it has been my biggest weakness on the course.

This will be interesting and I am sure it will do good to a lot of people. I got some virtual fitting for the Morgan Cup, and just a couple of vids and emails gave more to my putting than anything before.

I'll be following along.

What a great way to provide coaching. I am interested to see how this type of coaching works out for you.

Interesting for sure. Great option to have with no SPi instructors really close by.

I will be following along as well. I'm fortunate in that there is a SPI instructor (Andrew Wilson) in town.
I will start tracking my stats using that format so Andrew can see what I do in the "real" world since I hardly miss when I'm with him.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

Awesome Howzat. This will be very fun to follow.

Very cool! Will be interesting to see your thoughts on this whole experience and how it progresses your putting game.

I'm assuming that you're already gaming a SeeMore putter, correct? Just curious, but for someone who does not have a SeeMore putter going into something like this would they fit you first for one of their putters?

I am using a SeeMore putter and have been for sometime. I would assume Ben would be able to help fit his students if they have not had a SeeMore before or refer them to someone with SeeMore who could.

Erik, this is awesome. To say I'm intrigued is an understatement, especially since my SPi instructor is in Florida now.

I think I'm going to start using the putting sheets for tracking, those are badass.

So cool, what a great option if a coach isn't close by, myself included, 3 hours away for me!

Will be definitely following along intently. Little easier to do a Cyberlesson than trying to find an SPi instructor in Florida, and then making the time to go to them!

Good luck with this and I am very interested to follow along. The putting stat cards are awesome too!

JM

Howzat this is very cool and will be fun to follow along with. Those tracking sheets are ver very cool.

This is very cool. Looking forward to following along.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Interested in seeing how this works.

TapAhoy!

I love the putting charts, I feel they could help anybody with their putting, even without true instruction as you would know statistically what your biggest issue is. But the most exciting part is that many more people (including myself) who do not have an SPi within reasonable driving distance can get great quality instruction, and how much easier would it be to change instructors if you don't mesh with your first instructor. Great overall concept in my opinion.

I am very interested in this since there's not an SPi coach anywhere near me. would love to be able to do something like this if it helps.

I have a lot of work to do. I expected there to be some issues as I knew my stroke wasn't were I wanted it to be. Ben has given me some terrific feedback and I am excited to share it with you and get to work on making the corrections. I sent Ben videos from three different angles. Here is his part of his response. He also sent me some videos through the edufii website and I will work with Ben on trying to make those available for THP as well.

medium_img-1_zpsfc495a25.jpg

Erik, I will make a video tomorrow explaining all of this when I'm at the academy but wanted to show you what I saw.
From this view we see that your forearms and shaft are on different planes. This can lead to a couple of problems with the plane of your stroke.

medium_img_zps0573b60f.jpg

We notice that there is no arc in your stroke.
We will show you tomorrow in a video how we can work on this with a training aid

medium_img-2_zpsb6f50526.jpg

We notice that you don't putt about one central point. This usually means your hands are powering the stroke not your shoulder turn

That is freaking cool. I love the pictures to assist with helping towards your goals.

That is freaking cool. I love the pictures to assist with helping towards your goals.

It gives me a terrific starting point and I can't wait to start making the adjustments.

Back