Sell me on Spikeless Shoes

My brother-in-law turned me on to a shoe with no screw inserts in them about 2 months ago. I say this because when I hear spikes I think metal spikes that were basically banned 20 years ago.

The regular shoe with some nubs on the bottom work very well in dry conditions. I played at 9am this morning in a brand new pair of etonics and I enjoyed my walk. Last week in the same type of etonic with it spinkling and I was spinning out.

certainly you should have a pair but I will play the screw in insert types when it is well or sloppy.

I have a pair with soft spikes and a pair of spikeless. Both Puma. They feel the same to me. Spikes for dampness and spikeless other wise.

Idk @Space Bandito I'm with you on this one. I walk 95% of my rounds and have an very active lower half during my swing. I'm a bit nervous about it but I pulled the trigger on the Ignite NXT Solelace. Figured If I don't like them on the course they at lease will be a good range shoe for me. They showed up yesterday and like most Puma/Cobra gear is right on the money. They look sharp and feel amazing. Wore them around yesterday for a bit and felt better than most of my tennis shoes. I'm excited to play some hot/dry rounds with them and see how the traction works for me!

I have always worn spikes. But flirted with some spikeless the last 2 months.

I have been slipping off the tee whenever there is any moisture. But, they are so comfortable. The spikeless will stay in the rotation but only when absolutely dry. Back to spikes for the dew sweeping rounds.

using a pair of True spikeless lately because we lacked any sign of rain (other than the past week) I don't know why I need spikes other than dew sweepers rounds prior to 8am.

You guys have done it (for now anyway!)

The Ignite NXTs are f*c*ing phenomenal. So comfortable. Granted it was a super dry course yesterday, but no slips whatsoever.

I've already ordered another pair.

Camera effect or are they super narrow!?
They're honestly big. I wear a 12 wide in everything. I am good in a 11.5 in these. 12s were too big for me.

PUMA_RS-G_Golf_red_profile.jpg

It was a funny angle.

snatch
lock stock and two smoking barrels

2 of my favorite movies, i mean their at the top of whatever list i could put together..

Loved my FJ Contour Casuals back in the day. Only really wet-downhill was an issue. More so for walking w/pushcart than staying put during the swing. Used them for grass cutting shoes when too worn out for golf.

I wear both but prefer spikeless. The best part of spikeless shoes is that I can put them on at home drive to course, tee it up and if i have to run an errand after I'm good with them on.

Alright. These arrived yesterday. I'm going to put a round in them today and see how it goes. If I slip, they're going straight back.

View attachment 8950282
Peacoat/Team Gold/White? Those are a sharp looking shoe. Keep us posted on the performance, like you I play the early morning dew-filled rounds.

I could really use a pair of spikeless, just need to get in store to try some on and figure out what fits my stupid wide feet.. the pumas are on top of my list havent pulled the trigger

Here are my 2 cents on the subject of spikeless.
If the conditions are perfect, they are wonderful shoes. Anything other than perfect, I slip/slide all over the place (but that could just be me).

I would much rather a pair of shoes I like with spikes, and prolong their lifespan by replacing the spikes.

I could really use a pair of spikeless, just need to get in store to try some on and figure out what fits my stupid wide feet.. the pumas are on top of my list havent pulled the trigger
Wide feet - look at True Linkswear. The Original, OG Feel, OG Premium and Major are all awesome shoes for wide feet.

Back